Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Whats he supposed to have done after he kicks the ball? All Vardy did was kick a football. The other player was just too slow. If next week iheanacho has a shot, hits the top corner but a defender who dives in half a second too late gets hurt by the follow through should he be sent off then and the goal disallowed? 

He's not supposed to kick the ball with such ferocity and negligence that he follows through with his studs up into the side of someone's knee?

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

He's not supposed to kick the ball with such ferocity and negligence that he follows through with his studs up into the side of someone's knee?

Why shouldn’t he have kicked the ball so hard? If iheancho smashes it top corner next game as hard as he can and a defender coming in late to block it gets caught are you saying it should be disallowed? 

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Why shouldn’t he have kicked the ball so hard? If iheancho smashes it top corner next game as hard as he can and a defender coming in late to block it gets caught are you saying it should be disallowed? 

Because he followed through with his studs up into the side of the knee of his opponent, getting himself sent off in the process. These are the rules. They aren't subjective.

And your instance there would not be a red card if Iheanacho is in possession of the ball, the rules state explicitly that it must be a tackle or a challenge, Vardy's was a challenge for the ball, this make-believe scenario about Iheanacho supposedly would not be.

Edited by Beechey

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Because he followed through with his studs up into the side of the knee of his opponent, getting himself sent off in the process. These are the rules. They aren't subjective.

And your instance there would not be a red card if Iheanacho is in possession of the ball, the rules state explicitly that it must be a tackle or a challenge, Vardy's was a challenge for the ball, this make-believe scenario about Iheanacho supposedly would not be.

It was unfortunate for the wolves fella. Massively unlucky. There was no challenge, the other player hadn’t made it until after Vardy had already kicked it away. 

If that same thing happens in the 6 yard box and vardys hit it in it would just be unlucky for the defender that he got there late. If the defender had done that it would be a great clearance and Vardy is unlucky he was late. The defender arrive late after vardys hit it. He was unlucky to get caught in the follow through. 

10 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It was unfortunate for the wolves fella. Massively unlucky. There was no challenge, the other player hadn’t made it until after Vardy had already kicked it away. 

If that same thing happens in the 6 yard box and vardys hit it in it would just be unlucky for the defender that he got there late. If the defender had done that it would be a great clearance and Vardy is unlucky he was late. The defender arrive late after vardys hit it. He was unlucky to get caught in the follow through. 

Here's the actual image of them both challenging for the same ball. You can't be serious and tell me that is not a challenge. Vardy is just about to make contact, Doherty's foot is maybe a couple of inches away at most. Vardy's force in his swing took him studs up into the side of the knee of his opponent, endangering him during this challenge. It ticks every box for a red card. I agree, Vardy is unlucky, this is the one time in a hundred where his closing down like this causes damage to an opponent, but it happened.

0c3be5acb98a24ceb45d58587f8e7f56.jpg

Edited by Beechey

10 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Here's the actual image of them both challenging for the same ball. You can't be serious and tell me that is not a challenge. Vardy is just about to make contact, Doherty's foot is maybe a couple of inches away at most. Vardy's force in his swing took him studs up into the side of the knee of his opponent, endangering him during this challenge. It ticks every box for a red card.

0c3be5acb98a24ceb45d58587f8e7f56.jpg

Unfortunately it does I agree. Vardy is old school and prone to such lapses. Rather have him than not, but we have to realise that these things will occur. 

Edited by ARM1968

34 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Thanks. Good insight. Finally I got someone to discuss with good insight. 

First, I'm sorry. English is not my native and I'm have hard time with my Google translate for 2 word 'ferocity' and 'studs' 

Mirriam tell me that ferocity seems kind of speed? If that so, I think he need power and pace to kick the ball so it will reach madison on the left side. What do you think? 

About studs I have no idea. What does it mean? 

1 minute ago, Hanan96 said:

Thanks. Good insight. Finally I got someone to discuss with good insight. 

First, I'm sorry. English is not my native and I'm have hard time with my Google translate for 2 word 'ferocity' and 'studs' 

Mirriam tell me that ferocity seems kind of speed? If that so, I think he need power and pace to kick the ball so it will reach madison on the left side. What do you think? 

About studs I have no idea. What does it mean? 

He definitely needed pace to kick the ball away before Doherty got there, for sure. But whether he needed it or not is not important for what came afterwards, which is a red card offence in putting an opponent at risk.

Studs are the (now) plastic parts on the bottom of a football boot that dig into the ground to offer more traction.

B27071.jpg

35 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Here's the actual image of them both challenging for the same ball. You can't be serious and tell me that is not a challenge. Vardy is just about to make contact, Doherty's foot is maybe a few inches away at most.

fd5f2ef6aa0e3c20de13ff06e6eb6a0f.png

We know that’s a misleading image though or there wouldn’t be a discussion on the sending off as all Vardy is doing there is kicking the ball studs down. 

The defender doesn’t challenge for the ball, he isn’t going to make it so plants his foot to to hopefully block it. But he didn’t because he didn’t get there in time. 

22 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

We know that’s a misleading image though or there wouldn’t be a discussion on the sending off as all Vardy is doing there is kicking the ball studs down. 

The defender doesn’t challenge for the ball, he isn’t going to make it so plants his foot to to hopefully block it. But he didn’t because he didn’t get there in time. 

Weird, sure looks like he's challenging for the ball. And nobody except some Leicester fans are disputing this sending off. The club has accepted it as well.

d7cfa38dff3f052bb8f23e91d58cafe0.jpg

Edited by Beechey

21 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Weird, sure looks like he's challenging for the ball. And nobody except some Leicester fans are disputing this sending off. The club has accepted it as well.

d7cfa38dff3f052bb8f23e91d58cafe0.jpg

I don’t think most people are bothered to be honest. I don’t think it was worthy of a red, I wouldn’t had it been any other player from any other team. It was an unfortunate incident. I don’t think Vardy did anything wrong he was just quicker and actually got to the ball. He didn’t go in studs up he kicked the ball. Like he’s supposed to. The club will accept it because they’re not likely to win it. Most clubs wouldn’t if there’s the slightest cause for debate because you’re not likely to win it. 

If people weren’t making out like Vardy had made this disgustingly dirty challenge out of malice and suggesting there was intent to hurt the bloke I wouldn’t have even piped up. So he did was kick the ball before the other player arrived. Funnily enough inyour still the wolves player is leading with the studs. Unlike Vardy. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/820539/leicester-city-2-wolverhampton-wanderers-0

Watched the 20 minute highlights on the website and there's some seriously good football from us. Ricardo and Chilwell will thrive in this system. Mendy was like a new signing - absolutely gave his all. Maddison is an absolute revelation; his link up with Vardy, Gray, Chilwell, Ricardo and Albrighton/Diabate has massive potential. Evans was way off the pace but Claude's decision to put Amartey in that space in the second half was fantastic; replacing Evans with Morgan would have been just like for like and a waste of a sub. Instead Amartey gave support to Evans and Maguire in a back 3 and allowed Ricardo to push further up the pitch. The options we now have for central defenders is fantastic. Can't wait to see how this season unfolds!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I don’t think most people are bothered to be honest. I don’t think it was worthy of a red, I wouldn’t had it been any other player from any other team. It was an unfortunate incident. I don’t think Vardy did anything wrong he was just quicker and actually got to the ball. He didn’t go in studs up he kicked the ball. Like he’s supposed to. The club will accept it because they’re not likely to win it. Most clubs wouldn’t if there’s the slightest cause for debate because you’re not likely to win it. 

If people weren’t making out like Vardy had made this disgustingly dirty challenge out of malice and suggesting there was intent to hurt the bloke I wouldn’t have even piped up. So he did was kick the ball before the other player arrived. Funnily enough inyour still the wolves player is leading with the studs. Unlike Vardy. 

Clearly was studs up, Vardys studs ended up in the full backs knee. 

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/820539/leicester-city-2-wolverhampton-wanderers-0

Watched the 20 minute highlights on the website and there's some seriously good football from us. Ricardo and Chilwell will thrive in this system. Mendy was like a new signing - absolutely gave his all. Maddison is an absolute revelation; his link up with Vardy, Gray, Chilwell, Ricardo and Albrighton/Diabate has massive potential. Evans was way off the pace but Claude's decision to put Amartey in that space in the second half was fantastic; replacing Evans with Morgan would have been just like for like and a waste of a sub. Instead Amartey gave support to Evans and Maguire in a back 3 and allowed Ricardo to push further up the pitch. The options we now have for central defenders is fantastic. Can't wait to see how this season unfolds!

Agree with all of this. Thought the Amartey sub was strange at the time but it worked exactly as intended. 

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

The other bloke arrives late and pulls out, it’s unfortunate the follow through from Vardy kicking the ball caught him. It doesn’t make it a red card. Just as pickfords wasn’t. 

Vardy didn't just kick the ball, he through himself full force at it and clearly lost control. You can't do that for good reason, and that reason should be pretty obvious the fact he nearly took the blokes leg off. That wasn't just a normal kick of the ball, if he was just trying to kick the ball like players do all game, then nothing would have happened if he'd caught the player.

But that wasn't a normal kick, a normal tackle or challenge. It was wild and he got punished and rightly so. Take your blue tinted glasses off, there is a good reason pretty much the entire footballing world thinks it was a sending off, other than a few Leicester fans.

The pickford one is interesting..An outfield player would surely have been penalised but because its a keeper.?

As soon as he is outside the box Pickford should be subject to the same laws

Felt a bit sorry for Hamer and Kante has suddenly turned into an attacking midfielder.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Vardy didn't just kick the ball, he through himself full force at it and clearly lost control. You can't do that for good reason, and that reason should be pretty obvious the fact he nearly took the blokes leg off. That wasn't just a normal kick of the ball, if he was just trying to kick the ball like players do all game, then nothing would have happened if he'd caught the player.

But that wasn't a normal kick, a normal tackle or challenge. It was wild and he got punished and rightly so. Take your blue tinted glasses off, there is a good reason pretty much the entire footballing world thinks it was a sending off, other than a few Leicester fans.

It has nothing to do with it being a Leicester player. I think he was unlucky to be sent off for it as I would anyone. I can see why he was given his marching orders I just don’t think he should have. It’s no way near the disgrace some are trying to make it out to be.

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

If Vardy makes the challenge in a safe and controlled manner, he doesn’t get to the ball first. He won the challenge through recklessness. He wasn’t in possession of the ball.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

If Vardy makes the challenge in a safe and controlled manner, he doesn’t get to the ball first. He won the challenge through recklessness. He wasn’t in possession of the ball.

I just think he was more just unlucky. He runs in full blooded like that all the time just this time he caught someone. 

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

He definitely needed pace to kick the ball away before Doherty got there, for sure. But whether he needed it or not is not important for what came afterwards, which is a red card offence in putting an opponent at risk.

Studs are the (now) plastic parts on the bottom of a football boot that dig into the ground to offer more traction.

B27071.jpg

Dang. Bad connection lead lost post. 

Didn't it 50 50 which put both on the risk? Could be vardy calf got hit, could be fell under the defender as well etc 

About struds, raising feet too high you mean? Reasonable but not enough for red.