Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/820539/leicester-city-2-wolverhampton-wanderers-0

Watched the 20 minute highlights on the website and there's some seriously good football from us. Ricardo and Chilwell will thrive in this system. Mendy was like a new signing - absolutely gave his all. Maddison is an absolute revelation; his link up with Vardy, Gray, Chilwell, Ricardo and Albrighton/Diabate has massive potential. Evans was way off the pace but Claude's decision to put Amartey in that space in the second half was fantastic; replacing Evans with Morgan would have been just like for like and a waste of a sub. Instead Amartey gave support to Evans and Maguire in a back 3 and allowed Ricardo to push further up the pitch. The options we now have for central defenders is fantastic. Can't wait to see how this season unfolds!

Agree with some of that and believe the 2 new defenders yet to appear will be very significant.

I saw it differently though. Surely Amartey took Ricardo's place in a back 4 as he wasn't defending and looked more effective than Albrighton who won the league playing on the left and cutting in.

Chilwell is getting better but also vulnerable at the back.

When we play a back 3 as the squad and quality in areas suggest I cant see Evans playing regular, he made Wes look like Usain Bolt

The only thing i found annoying, because i thought we played pretty well after their enthusiastic start, was bringing every player back to defend a corner and then having no quick outlet when we won the ball. All it seems to do is encourage the whole opposition to get forward and we still wouldn't be able to counter. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Beechey said:

Here's the actual image of them both challenging for the same ball. You can't be serious and tell me that is not a challenge. Vardy is just about to make contact, Doherty's foot is maybe a couple of inches away at most. Vardy's force in his swing took him studs up into the side of the knee of his opponent, endangering him during this challenge. It ticks every box for a red card. I agree, Vardy is unlucky, this is the one time in a hundred where his closing down like this causes damage to an opponent, but it happened.

0c3be5acb98a24ceb45d58587f8e7f56.jpg

Red card..yellow card it doesn't matter..it was mike Dean reffing...Jon moss would have flung vardy into the tower of London 

• Haha 1

" For what it’s worth we were genuinely excellent. This was like watching games from last season, where our intensity, structure and overall quality seemed to overwhelm the opposition. Leicester seemed genuinely starstruck, which shocks me given the quality of our team and manager, I do find it strange to see Premier League clubs not put measures in place to stop us playing."

You don't need to read anymore :crylaugh:

9 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

" For what it’s worth we were genuinely excellent. This was like watching games from last season, where our intensity, structure and overall quality seemed to overwhelm the opposition. Leicester seemed genuinely starstruck, which shocks me given the quality of our team and manager, I do find it strange to see Premier League clubs not put measures in place to stop us playing."

I don’t think the author could have contradicted himself more if he tried. 

15 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Is this fantasy or Sci-Fi?  Can’t quite decide. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Just watched the highlights and Ndidi was receiving treatment to a cut somewhere around his left eye as the game ended...I didn't see anything that caused it, was there a bit of off the ball nastiness?

It was a paper-cut sustained by rolling around on banknotes while celebrating his new contract.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Personal favourite line of that blog is: 

‘’We do play lovely, flowing attacking football, but we are not the team to breach a deep back four’’ 

Lol, somewhat confused at the point of playing attacking football if you can't score against a defensive team!

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

It was a paper-cut sustained by rolling around on banknotes while celebrating his new contract.

On his Snapchat that evening it looked like he celebrated by going to the supermarket and buying Doritos and bananas.

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

"And so we were left in a situation where entirely undeservedly we were 2-0 down, against a team with a £70 million-rated centre back next to a Premier League title winner, with one of the best ball-winners in the league in front of them and Claude Puel's general negativity to overcome."

"Next to a Premier League title winner"? Only Albrighton, Schmeichel, Vardy and Gray left in that starting XI. "Next to.."? Position-wise, I don't see how Maguire could be playing "next to" a title winner. lol

Fails to mention Wolves spending a whopping £65m on new players this summer. More than any other newly-promoted team before them. :crylaugh:

Who's "one of the best ball-winners in the league"? Ndidi? Ever seen how many bad touches he's had in the process?

"Claude Puel's general negativity"? lol Last season's gone, we're playing much better now, more pass-oriented and made most out of our chances.

But yeah, hooray for "positive football" - wins you things, stats and such.

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

"Next to a Premier League title winner"? Only Albrighton, Schmeichel, Vardy and Gray left in that starting XI. "Next to.."? Position-wise, I don't see how Maguire could be playing "next to" a title winner. lol

Johnny Evans perhaps?!

2 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Johnny Evans perhaps?!

Not one of our own (yet). :ph34r:

But yeah, Evans' first competitive game for us. The label suits the writer well, that's why no mention of Evans needing to find into things and making some basic mistakes early into the game.

18 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Fails to mention Wolves spending a whopping £65m on new players this summer. More than any other newly-promoted team before them. :crylaugh:

Who's "one of the best ball-winners in the league"? Ndidi? Ever seen how many bad touches he's had in the process?

We only spent just under £30m on new players. And I think you'll find Fulham spent a hell of a lot more than us.

Ndidi had the most tackles in the league last season. Surely you knew that?

• Like 1