Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

34 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Two players going at speed for a 50-50 ball. Vardy got a red as he was the first to the ball and the momentum carried him through. One would pressume the card would've gone the other way had Doherty arrived first. Both players were aggressive (or enthusiastic). Vardy was unlucky.

Far worse tackles have gone unpunished this weekend.

Inconsistancy.

Their player didn't dive in like a lunatic, what on earth are you going on about.

• Like 1

Those first fifteen minutes were awful. Wolves should have got two. I know it's Evans first game back from injury but he looked poor. Our defending was so poor I started worrying if benching Wes was the right thing to do. I'm not sure what happened to our midfield but they were easily out played. Albrighton seemed to offer little, except the odd long ball to Vardy and crosses that no one was getting on the end of... except of course Wolves. If we play like that against more incisive opposition we'll easily be chasing the game.

But then the Chilwell Gray partnership on the left looks great and will only improve. Gray has really come on leaps and bounds. He still looks frustrated with himself, but he's playing for the team, he's tracking back, he's tackling and his attacking play is a lot more exciting. He's frankly great, and is still improving. And Chilwell's defensive work was really fantastic. And he always looked a danger going forwards. If we can find the ever fanatic Richardo a decent partner on the right we'll have two great wings.

Maddison was of course great. And Vardy until his sending off looked good - I enjoyed him and Puel debating tactics during the injury break. Ndidi, great as ever. I'm not sure about Mendy. He worked hard, ran a lot, his passing was great and this was his first game. But I'm worried our midfield will be out muscled as it was in the first fifteen against both United and Wolves.

If we can get a decent centre half pairing and stop getting over run in midfield we may do well. Maddison, Gray, Richardo and Chilwell are looking great at least.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Those first fifteen minutes were awful. Wolves should have got two. I know it's Evans first game back from injury but he looked poor. Our defending was so poor I started worrying if benching Wes was the right thing to do. I'm not sure what happened to our midfield but they were easily out played. Albrighton seemed to offer little, except the odd long ball to Vardy and crosses that no one was getting on the end of... except of course Wolves. If we play like that against more incisive opposition we'll easily be chasing the game.

But then the Chilwell Gray partnership on the left looks great and will only improve. Gray has really come on leaps and bounds. He still looks frustrated with himself, but he's playing for the team, he's tracking back, he's tackling and his attacking play is a lot more exciting. He's frankly great, and is still improving. And Chilwell's defensive work was really fantastic. And he always looked a danger going forwards. If we can find the ever fanatic Richardo a decent partner on the right we'll have two great wings.

Maddison was of course great. And Vardy until his sending off looked good - I enjoyed him and Puel debating tactics during the injury break. Ndidi, great as ever. I'm not sure about Mendy. He worked hard, ran a lot, his passing was great and this was his first game. But I'm worried our midfield will be out muscled as it was in the first fifteen against both United and Wolves.

If we can get a decent centre half pairing and stop getting over run in midfield we may do well. Maddison, Gray, Richardo and Chilwell are looking great at least.

Although this is supposed to be a positive post, you're basically saying that our team is good except for its spine.... Does not bode well

5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Although this is supposed to be a positive post, you're basically saying that our team is good except for its spine.... Does not bode well

It's suppose to be balanced! lol There's only two players in our spine I'm not sure about tbf.

Yep fair play. The **** (Antony Kay - MK Dons) that smashed our Polish winger Michal Zyro, and put him out for an entire year a few years back never even apologised.

Just look at the state of this:

He never even got sent off. Just a yellow card!

Edited by The Bear

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Yep fair play. The **** (Antony Kay - MK Dons) that smashed our Polish winger Michal Zyro, and put him out for an entire year a few years back never even apologised.

Just look at the state of this:

He never even got sent off. Just a yellow card!

Really nothing like the Vardy incident.

On 18/08/2018 at 19:09, Fadsie said:

Wolves fan here was at the game today!! Cant believe some of the rubbish i am reading on here!!! Firstly any 'hype' behind wolves is created by the media the fact that we play nice football is real. I have watched some awful football at wolves over the years and this current team play excellent football. I dont know why it seems to tick so many on you off that wolves fans are proud of how they play. If you dont like us cause you think we are arrogant we dont really care. We have ambitious owners who have invested heavily and expect to compete well at this level. 

Onto the game. Firstly IT WAS A RED CARD i dont think Vardy is a dirty player but anyone who thinks it wasnt is a fool!!

Reality Check Foxes. Wolves were by far the better team in that game. Should have been out of sight well before you fluked the opener!! Then you had your best spell of the game for 15 mins which resulted in literally 1 deflected 25 yard strike and nothing else. Its true that wolves have to learn lessons. Wasting chances in this league gets punished but i dont remember you creating a single clear cut chance and probably scored more goals than you had shots on target!! It may seem ignorant but if you lot finished 9th last season then we should comfortably finish top half. I think thet could still be playing now and you wouldnt have scored (without our help) i see this as dropped points but i feel sorry for you lot if thats what you are going to be watching all season. We will see you at Molineux!!!

willy puller!

10 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

All he did was kick a football. The other player arrived late, he endangered himself. 

It was split second stuff, he knew damn well the other player was going for that ball. You can't go jumping in like that.

Seen a lot of people raving about Traore for Wolves and quoting his great dribble and take on stats, which are incredible. But at the same time, his end product is hugely poor and until he gets that he'll be a good player, but nothing more imo. As the Wolves game and much of our first season showed, its all good playing football etc but you have to score your chances.

17 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Seen a lot of people raving about Traore for Wolves and quoting his great dribble and take on stats, which are incredible. But at the same time, his end product is hugely poor and until he gets that he'll be a good player, but nothing more imo. As the Wolves game and much of our first season showed, its all good playing football etc but you have to score your chances.

Last time in the Premier League, he did 1 assist all season for Middlesbrough. 

In fact, that's who Wolves reminded me a lot of. Middlesbrough from a couple of season ago - decent team on the whole with some real stand-out players but couldn't hit a barn door. January came and Boro signed utter toilet. So its up to Wolves in January, who can they bring in? 

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Last time in the Premier League, he did 1 assist all season for Middlesbrough. 

In fact, that's who Wolves reminded me a lot of. Middlesbrough from a couple of season ago - decent team on the whole with some real stand-out players but couldn't hit a barn door. January came and Boro signed utter toilet. So its up to Wolves in January, who can they bring in? 

2 games in rn, we'll see how they start to do over next 5 or 6. They are a good side, just need to be ruthless in front of goal which i think will come with time. 

I missed the first few minutes, but it was a fair routine win from what I saw. Once we got control of the game after about 25 minutes, there was only one winner.

The way we defended with 10 men was excellent too- didn't give them a sniff aside from a cracking long range effort which hit the post.

Once again, our young players shone as they did at Old Trafford- Chilwell, Gray, Ndidi, Maddison all superb, Pereira my MOTM and Mendy a very welcome bonus- I thought he was done here. The future all of a sudden looks very bright.

Definite red for Vardy, unfortunately. You can't follow through like that these days, whether he got the ball or not is irrelevant.

Wolves should be fine as they adapt- they had quality in the middle of the park but just lacked a bit at either end (as we did in our first season back). That should come with time & experience.

3 hours ago, Sionnach gorm said:

willy puller!

And a massive Bell-end.  I am trying to recall if Kasper had a save to make in the second half, plus prior to Vardy's red card, we had more possession?    

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Simon73 said:

I am a wolves fan and you was very very lucky to win we will see who finishes higher at the end of the season and as for Vardy some of you  saying it’s not a red card are you watching the same game I wanted you lot to win the premier league and was rooting for you but now after saying we are shit and some of you deluded fans saying you hope we get relegated I will be rooting for any teams that play you and you think Maddison is better than any of our players   You are dreaming if you think he is better than neves or Moutinho you have been in this league quite a number of years we are establishing ourselves and we will stay up no problem 

Look through this foxes forum,lean out your pram and pick up your dummy...

When you can find a balance to your posts and not get over zealous,you will see how balance d foxes posters,were to the game.

no chest thumping,many saying Your team blew,your first period dominance and chances. Many city fans were glad when you got

Promoted,but Midlands banter is part of the fun....You spent you still need to grow...earn it..!!!  Then this forum will show even more respect.

now go and write a 100 times......  This is the PL,there are no hard luck stories,just a 38 game journey,you earn your end position!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Look through this foxes forum,lean out your pram and pick up your dummy...

When you can find a balance to your posts and not get over zealous,you will see how balance d foxes posters,were to the game.

no chest thumping,many saying Your team blew,your first period dominance and chances. Many city fans were glad when you got

Promoted,but Midlands banter is part of the fun....You spent you still need to grow...earn it..!!!  Then this forum will show even more respect.

now go and write a 100 times......  This is the PL,there are no hard luck stories,just a 38 game journey,you earn your end position!!!

Usually enjoy your posts fuchsntf, once I’ve understood them. 

Do you write them first in hieroglyphs and then translate back?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

It was split second stuff, he knew damn well the other player was going for that ball. You can't go jumping in like that.

The other bloke arrives late and pulls out, it’s unfortunate the follow through from Vardy kicking the ball caught him. It doesn’t make it a red card. Just as pickfords wasn’t. 

12 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

At least he had the decency to check on the player and apologise 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jamie-vardy-apologised-red-card-1916189

Sums it up for me.

Seen all sorts of crap from lcfc twitter (the usual lot - 'youve never played the game', then abusing pipes and the radio leicester lot) about the other player going in late - in full speed you could see it, slow mo doesnt do it justice and the fact vardy apologised and admitted it was bad tells you all you need to know.

17 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

The other bloke arrives late and pulls out, it’s unfortunate the follow through from Vardy kicking the ball caught him. It doesn’t make it a red card. Just as pickfords wasn’t. 

But it does. Vardy's actions put Doherty at risk. The act of him following through that challenge with such force (with his studs up) and making contact at the knee is complete grounds for a red. Where is this nonsense that because Doherty was coming in after Vardy, it must not be a red card? If he continued through with his challenge and planted his leg, Vardy probably would have snapped his knee.

This isn't any part of the rules from the FA.

It's not even subjective. Doherty had to be subbed off and treated. He endangered an opponent and was rightfully sent off.

Edited by Beechey

7 minutes ago, Beechey said:

But it does. Vardy's actions put Doherty at risk. The act of him following through that challenge with such force (with his studs up) and making contact at the knee is complete grounds for a red. Where is this nonsense that because Doherty was coming in after Vardy, it must not be a red card? If he continued through with his challenge and planted his leg, Vardy probably would have snapped his knee.

This isn't any part of the rules from the FA.

It's not even subjective. Doherty had to be subbed off and treated. He endangered an opponent and was rightfully sent off.

Whats he supposed to have done after he kicks the ball? All Vardy did was kick a football. The other player was just too slow. If next week iheanacho has a shot, hits the top corner but a defender who dives in half a second too late gets hurt by the follow through should he be sent off then and the goal disallowed? 

• Like 2