Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

Pickfords has nothing to do with it.

Yes he was fractionally late, but Vardy used excessive force and wasn't in control, simple as that. It was dangerous.

He kicked the ball? What’s his leg supposed to do after just stop dead?

theres lots of relevance between Vardy and pickfords 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, HKFox said:

The defender actually bottled the tackle and did nothing but stand still. Thats why he got hurt. Vardy as ever was full blooded in his tackle, and I would not want him to change. This time, in todays game it was a red card due to the follow through, even though Vardy clearly won the ball, he caught the player after. Plus side is Kelechi now has 3 games, which is a bonus for him to carry on his good pre season and see how he will do in his preferred position. We have a young team and all looks positive. 

I know he caught the player afterwards but that was the other players own fault. All Vardy did was kick the ball. 

• Like 1

No doubt we're on a steep learning curve back in the Prem again. Especially as most of the team haven't played there before. It's still early days though and I've seen enough in our game yesterday to know we'll be fine. We've had the toughest start of the promoted clubs yet are still ahead of both Cardiff and Fulham. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He kicked the ball? What’s his leg supposed to do after just stop dead?

theres lots of relevance between Vardy and pickfords 

Not in the slightest.

Vardy's challenge, while certainly not ill-intentioned, was reckless, uncontrolled and could have ended the bloke's season. Red all day and I don't understand how people are still defending him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

No one gives Wes this sort of allowance. Personally I just hope that either Evans will improve, or one of the other guys we’ve signed steps up.

It wasn’t just that he looked poor and was soundly beaten on several occasions, it was that he just looked as if he couldn’t really be bothered. I fear we’ve signed a journeyman who’s just there to collect a wage for a few years. Hopefully I’m wrong.

I think Wes got a lot of allowances last season, from Claude. I also hope Evans improves significantly, and I have no real reason to doubt it will happen.

If I was Evans I would have been pretty pissed off myself, with my own performance, but also with the cover and help my team gave to me in the first half. If you can tell the difference between those emotions and 'I can't really be bothered with trying at my new club' with any degree of accuracy after one game, you are a better body language expert than me.

I think people are looking at Vardy's challenge through distinctly blue tinted spectacles. 

Bottom line is if that was an opposition player on one of our boys, we'd be livid.

Vardy isn't a dirty player but he made a mistake and its a clear red - its high and studs up, doesn't matter if you get the ball if you can potentially break the player's leg in the process.

Guest Markyblue
32 minutes ago, The Bear said:

No doubt we're on a steep learning curve back in the Prem again. Especially as most of the team haven't played there before. It's still early days though and I've seen enough in our game yesterday to know we'll be fine. We've had the toughest start of the promoted clubs yet are still ahead of both Cardiff and Fulham. 

You have quality but so does everyone in the premier league. I think you will be fine but some of the hype from the media hasn't helped you and your there to be shot at.it might just be tougher than many of your fans think. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

If he's not gone in so ridiculously hard, it probably wouldn't have taken the players knee out. 

If the other player hadn’t been so late, he wouldn’t have been touched. 

Is everytime a player kicks kicks a ball now under threat of a red card? 

20 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Not in the slightest.

Vardy's challenge, while certainly not ill-intentioned, was reckless, uncontrolled and could have ended the bloke's season. Red all day and I don't understand how people are still defending him.

Pickfords foot at one point was face high and he lacerated ings back. He’s lucky it didn’t go worse for him. 

50 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I think you guys will really pick up after Christmas. It takes about half a season to realise who can cut it and Who your best 11 is. Agree with you, you’ve probably done better than the other two promoted sides. Plus really rate your manager.

• Like 1

Two players going at speed for a 50-50 ball. Vardy got a red as he was the first to the ball and the momentum carried him through. One would pressume the card would've gone the other way had Doherty arrived first. Both players were aggressive (or enthusiastic). Vardy was unlucky.

Far worse tackles have gone unpunished this weekend.

Inconsistancy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

I think people are looking at Vardy's challenge through distinctly blue tinted spectacles. 

Bottom line is if that was an opposition player on one of our boys, we'd be livid.

Vardy isn't a dirty player but he made a mistake and its a clear red - its high and studs up, doesn't matter if you get the ball if you can potentially break the player's leg in the process.

Like @Babylon mentioned,and now yourself,iits the high studs that did it...That's what the ref sees,then intent of no intent is secondary.

But Vardy and many other players,will often go into such tackles,in the future and get away with it,because natural momentum is a mitigating thought,but

high studs on leg,normal or slow motion,looks bad!!!

It's gone,he misses 3 matches,this could make or break Nacho,with the fans,and gives Pu-el time to see what a striker in plan B and C are capable of.

Dependency on Vardy has to be errased,still n01,but just a team member....

But still capable of 18-22+ goals a season,for the next 2-3 season's at least..but for now...Come on Nacho...Come on Gray:scarf:

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

It's gone,he misses 3 matches,this could make or break Nacho,with the fans,and gives Pu-el time to see what a striker in plan B and C are capable of.

Dependency on Vardy has to be errased,still n01,but just a team member....

agreed. I really hope Kelechi steps up to the mark.

58 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

If the other player hadn’t been so late, he wouldn’t have been touched. 

Is everytime a player kicks kicks a ball now under threat of a red card? 

Those who are wreckless, use excessive force and endanger others... yes.