Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Bournemouth V Leicester - Match Thread

1 minute ago, Harry96 said:

Think we’ll definitely seem caglar in the squad next week maybe even in the starting line up depending on how Morgan does today 

Is everyone giving up on Evans already? Player of the season 2 years running for WBA in the Prem

I'd have had him starting today as although he had a wobbly start, he is still our 2nd best CB after Maguire IMO. 

• Like 1

That's the side I expected to him pick and I think it's our best 11 as it stands. Evans or Soyuncu probably will take over for Wes come Christmas, and as for the wingers well may whomever is the best out of Gray / Ghezall / Albrighton / Diabate take the starting spots. It's good to have competition in the side.

As others have said, Silva not even in the match day squad shows us how much depth we have. He might not yet have set the world alight but he's a decent player and yet we have a good starting 11 and bench to pick from.

Up the Foxes!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's the side I expected to him pick and I think it's our best 11 as it stands. Evans or Soyuncu probably will take over for Wes come Christmas, and as for the wingers well may whomever is the best out of Gray / Ghezall / Albrighton / Diabate take the starting spots. It's good to have competition in the side.

As others have said, Silva not even in the match day squad shows us how much depth we have. He might not yet have set the world alight but he's a decent player and yet we have a good starting 11 and bench to pick from.

Up the Foxes!!!

really a shame for him, as its looks like he is just struggling with the physicality and pace of this league. Certainly not for lack of trying I am sure. 

Still have hope he can be a good player for us, as you don't get to play for Portugal if you're bad player.

Hope that the cup matches can give him a chance to impress and really push Mendy for a start 

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Up the Foxes!!!

I can see Silva returning tbh with Choudhury and Iborra as backups to Mendy and Ndidi.

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

He played 2 games for Turkey, both 90 minutes (I think).

Are the club happy with players playing while unfit then?

Maybe the club viewed an international friendly and a (pretty meaningless) Nations League match as good opportunities for him to get up to speed and minutes in the tank after his lay-off, but don't quite think he's sharp enough to start a very tricky away game?

Or is that not tinhat / miserable enough for you?

• Like 2

Just now, Foxxed said:

I can see Silva returning tbh with Choudhury and Iborra as backups to Mendy and Ndidi.

Yeah that will be the "cups" team. If we were in Europe I also think you'd see Silva and Iborra play a lot more.

As it stands though one of them will probably leave at the end of the season. Mendy has been incredible and fully deserves to start ahead of them.

End of the day, good problem for the manager to have! Who remembers the midfield of Amartey and King just 3 months after winning the league!!!?! No wonder we ended up in a relegation scrap.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Langston said:

Maybe the club viewed an international friendly and a (pretty meaningless) Nations League match as good opportunities for him to get up to speed and minutes in the tank after his lay-off, but don't quite think he's sharp enough to start a very tricky away game?

Or is that not tinhat / miserable enough for you?

I just don't get the whole situation.

Pretty pathetic tbh. We've signed two CB's to replace an aging one who contin....You know what, There's no point in even debating this. I'll only get the sarcy comments of 'I was waiting for Matt to say this' e.t.c.

Shame I can't explain, debate, discuss these things but meh. I'll just continue with my 'tinhat/miserable' comments without explaining, i'll be wasting my time.

Edited by Matt

8 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Is everyone giving up on Evans already? Player of the season 2 years running for WBA in the Prem

I'd have had him starting today as although he had a wobbly start, he is still our 2nd best CB after Maguire IMO. 

I don’t think you will see evans starting against a quick forward line - wes will be used unless Calgar shows he has pace - not seen evidence yet 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t think you will see evans starting against a quick forward line - wes will be used unless Calgar shows he has pace - not seen evidence yet 

:wes::crylaugh:

How slow is Evans if Wes is preferred regarding speed?! :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

:wes::crylaugh:

How slow is Evans if Wes is preferred regarding speed?! :crylaugh:

I did think that too. 

Wes has the turning circle of the Titanic too. Evans was surely signed to start for us and IMO, he should be in there playing and forging a partnership with Maguire. 

Yes, Wes has done OK so far, but Evans is a better CB and we would likely be better served in the long-term by having him start now. 

In saying all this, I will still support Wes and hope he gets a cheeky goal so people can make fun of me after 

Edited by STUHILL
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Wes is surprisingly quick in the sprints, maybe not as much these days but only a couple years ago hr was rivalling players like zaha for pace over short bursts (which is all a cb needs usually).

I think pace is overrated when discussing CB's. Some of the best in history have been slow as cart horses. It's much more about reading the game and positioning, something I think Evans has over Wes. 

It really isn't a big issue today though as Wes has done OK so far this season. I would just personally like to see Evans starting and forging a partnership with Maguire, sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1