Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So you're saying he didn't make a sub when on a yellow and the player didn't get sent off... like they don't 99.9% of the time. Funny that.

Maybe a more objective approach would be to list puels good points... and list the things we would like him to improve.  Thats fair critism.  If over time...his good dwindles and his bad outweighs the good then we can call time.   Until then we have hope..... unless the bad points show no sign of improvement and hense we can call time for lack of progress.  I will start a score card tonight ...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So? Also pretty much everyone on here said he was wrongly sent off.

What I meant was, Morgan in the last few games has persistently fouled to the point of being sent off twice. He’s either been very unlucky or he’s been a prat for doing it. In the Bournemouth game he was rattled early at their pace and it was the level of fouls which cost him. Vs Everton the red card seemed inevitable once the yellow card was given early on, he only had himself to blame as he was still making a number of fouls. I think his final warning was what cost him the red as it was a ridiculous tackle and he didn’t need to do it, the ref was primed and ready to pounce on anything he did after that. I expected better from a player of his experience, the actions from the final warning to the red card seemed as if he wanted to be sent off it was that daft. I’m sure he didn’t but he deserves a stint out the team.

• Like 1

Turning us from an ageing, hoofball side, staring at relegation takes time. As long as we are safe from relegation and competitive, and the players are playing for him, Puel must be allowed to continue on his building plan. A plan we haven't had since Pearson left. If it means some ups and downs that's OK by me after the managers and years I've suffered as a LCFC fan.

So, I can only assume people want him out because:

1) They are Southampton fans who now realise what they've lost and who they got in his place? Let's face it, I doubt even the most anti Puel fan would want Hughes as our manager!

2) Have no idea how bad and predictable we had become?

3) How big the job he has undertaken is?

4) Actually want us to fail?

5) Spuds fans on here still annoyed they finished third in a two horse race?

6) Watched us under Pleat, Taylor, Megson and a host of other shite managers?

7) They know much more than Puel from their time winning leagues, cups and awards?

8) They are players who Puel has outed or said are not good enough?

9) They want Pardew, Moyes, Dyche, Wagner or Fat Sam in?

10) His hair is too wavy, he's French, and his press conferences are boring? (mine would be too due to the moronic questions asked)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Turning us from an ageing, hoofball side, staring at relegation takes time. As long as we are safe from relegation and competitive, and the players are playing for him, Puel must be allowed to continue on his building plan. A plan we haven't had since Pearson left. If it means some ups and downs that's OK by me after the managers and years I've suffered as a LCFC fan.

So, I can only assume people want him out because:

1) They are Southampton fans who now realise what they've lost and who they got in his place? Let's face it, I doubt even the most anti Puel fan would want Hughes as our manager!

2) Have no idea how bad and predictable we had become?

3) How big the job he has undertaken is?

4) Actually want us to fail?

5) Spuds fans on here still annoyed they finished third in a two horse race?

6) Watched us under Pleat, Taylor, Megson and a host of other shite managers?

7) They know much more than Puel from their time winning leagues, cups and awards?

8) They are players who Puel has outed or said are not good enough?

9) They want Pardew, Moyes, Dyche, Wagner or Fat Sam in?

10) His hair is too wavy, he's French, and his press conferences are boring? (mine would be too due to the moronic questions asked)

Or  1)  most of us know when a manager is bad or not. There you go that's shortened the list somewhat.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

"Strongest squad ever"... it might be our most expensive, but most of these players have shown absolutely nothing to suggest that this is our strongest squad. You talk about blind faith but I think there is a bit of that going on with your faith in the squad.

The title winners are mostly gone and we're left with a raw team, with many players who have flattered to deceive and quite a few flops.

Perhaps a more accurate assessment would be ‘potentially’ the strongest squad ever. 

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Communication is an important thing for the manager.

From what I gather, he doesn't especially inspire the players - who don't fully understand him and it's caused frustrations in the dressing room - and that comes from communication.

He doesn't get his clear message across to the media which is another communication issue.

He hasn't really connected fully with the fans which is also down to communication.

This is not Puel-bashing. It's a genuine concern (among other concerns.)

So how do other foreign managers across the world succeed then?

Same applies to managers who speak the national tongue but have numerous foreign players who don't.

Think it's being used as a stick with which to beat him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The International Break is the time for treating one's verrucas and piles and not discussing the pros and cons of Puel.    Unless he wins something there will always be a split opinion.   Let's give him a chance and get off his case.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

So how do other foreign managers across the world succeed then?

Same applies to managers who speak the national tongue but have numerous foreign players who don't.

Think it's being used as a stick with which to beat him.

His own tactics and team selection manage to beat him with the said stick. 

2 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Not my problem and not my call. But I still know a bad manager when I see one.

12 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

His own tactics and team selection manage to beat him with the said stick. 

How can you want Puel sacked, but have no idea who you'd want in his place?

And when you can come up with a decent replacement, please let us all know what tactics and team selection you would like?

This is the problem with fans wanting their manager out, not just our fans, all fans. Spuds fans moan about Ponch saying he has wasted a generation and opportunities, even Man City fans are moaning about why Pep spent 65M on Mahrez. Who would they want in? 

I'm sorry, but watching the early O'Neill days.....I heard all the same comments as we are now hearing about Puel. Luckily the board stuck with him and we achieved a lot of success. Be careful what you wish for. Also luckily, MON didn't jack it in, as the insults against him were really disgusting.

Look at the list of available managers.....or even experienced PL managers. Are there any you'd really want over Puel, or would you prefer to try a complete untried or unknown in the hope it works? (We've been down that road before!).

And I'm not saying this because I believe Puel is the best of a bad bunch, I really do think he will succeed here if given time.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Our fans are so arrogant.

Our squad at this stage is top 10 and nothing more. Stop saying it's better than our league position, it's nowhere near ready to compete for the top six. And to those citing money, we should be well behind Everton on that logic with their activity over the past 3/4 windows. Fulham spent £100m+ this summer ffs.

We've finished higher than 7th once since 1976. Why on earth are we all of a sudden big dogs who looks down on teams like Newcastle, Huddersfield and Bournemouth? History would argue we're doing very well to be in the top half, yet there's a real sense of entitlement amongst some of our fans that quite frankly isn't justified.

Weird.

I think we all know the answer to this.

3 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

How can you want Puel sacked, but have no idea who you'd want in his place?

And when you can come up with a decent replacement, please let us all know what tactics and team selection you would like?

This is the problem with fans wanting their manager out, not just our fans, all fans. Spuds fans moan about Ponch saying he has wasted a generation and opportunities, even Man City fans are moaning about why Pep spent 65M on Mahrez. Who would they want in? 

I'm sorry, but watching the early O'Neill days.....I heard all the same comments as we are now hearing about Puel. Luckily the board stuck with him and we achieved a lot of success. Be careful what you wish for. Also luckily, MON didn't jack it in, as the insults against him were really disgusting.

Look at the list of available managers.....or even experienced PL managers. Are there any you'd really want over Puel, or would you prefer to try a complete untried or unknown in the hope it works? (We've been down that road before!).

And I'm not saying this because I believe Puel is the best of a bad bunch, I really do think he will succeed here if given time.

Sorry but where on earth do you get the idea that we can't criticise a manager or want him sacked until we come up with our idea of a  replacement? Do you really think that's how it works? You have and never will have a say in who is going to be our next manager so it's pretty pointless saying we can't have an opinion unless we come up with a replacement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Our fans are so arrogant.

Our squad at this stage is top 10 and nothing more. Stop saying it's better than our league position, it's nowhere near ready to compete for the top six. And to those citing money, we should be well behind Everton on that logic with their activity over the past 3/4 windows. Fulham spent £100m+ this summer ffs.

We've finished higher than 7th once since 1976. Why on earth are we all of a sudden big dogs who looks down on teams like Newcastle, Huddersfield and Bournemouth? History would argue we're doing very well to be in the top half, yet there's a real sense of entitlement amongst some of our fans that quite frankly isn't justified.

Weird.

Or maybe a real sense of now having the money and owners to change that small club mindset? weird to think otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bunyip said:

Sorry but where on earth do you get the idea that we can't criticise a manager or want him sacked until we come up with our idea of a  replacement? Do you really think that's how it works? You have and never will have a say in who is going to be our next manager so it's pretty pointless saying we can't have an opinion unless we come up with a replacement.

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion. Of course we all do, and none of us are ever 100% right. I might be totally wrong about Puel and you might be spot on. But my point is we were going nowhere fast before he arrived and he has had to make big and drastic changes. This can't be done overnight.

But also, if you do criticize, please make some valid points, rather than just saying 'you know a bad manager when you see one', as I find that a strange statement!

To be honest, I've run out of reasons why I think he's a bad manager, and my reasons are well documented on here, so maybe take a look at the past posts? Incidentally, we are still going nowhere fast despite having some of the best players in the premier league. He has had all the time to make a difference and he hasn't. We will finish no higher than last season and possibly even lower. May I ask Thaifox have you actually seen the boring negative football played at the King Power Stadium this season? if not I suggest you come down and see for yourself why he gets so much criticism.

• Thanks 1

We would be the laughing stock of the Premier League were LCFC to fire Puel at this point in time. Top half of the league with lots of young talent !!!

I'm sure most Southampton fans would give their  left nut to get rid of Hughes and be sitting top ten with Puel 

Were we to be in danger of relegation then yes but top half .. Get Real FFS

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Sorry the first argument doesn't exist when this week you've posted around across the days - basically happy to be proven right, not happy to be proven wrong. 

Agreed 7th is the target but if we finish 10th I wouldn't be pissed. Everton and West Ham have surpassed us on wages spent - to finish 7th we'd be defeating the traditional hierarchy and the money. 

Personally never called for him to go last season - disappointed we couldn't get 7th but we were always steadily going to be mid-table. The reason we played well against Arsenal and Spurs was that we had opposition who allowed us space behind their defence.

This is why Puel's trying to introduce a new style - every team outside of the top six will sit deep against us. You have to play football in front of them and find a way through. The reason games are boring is as much about the opposition as anything - had a competitive game on Saturday because Everton actually attacked - caught them out on the counter for our goal. 

Provided there's no crisis and we aren't in the bottom five, he can have the season for me. At that point its a good place to assess performance and then give any new manager a proper chance to identify who he wants to sign/have a full pre-season. If you join the mid-season merry-go-around you only get unemployed managers.

How about this club shows some sensible thinking for once - because it's been lacking a lot since we won the league. The hiring of ill-fitting coaches to managers and recruitment staff with no alignment to a manager. It's frankly amateurish. 

I look at clubs like Stoke, Swansea, Southampton for example - they were stabilised as a decent mid-table teams. They get rid of a manager, rightly or wrongly (because I think they were valid cases for those sackings) and it proceeds into a storm of instability. Players don't care, fans constantly negative and the whole club falls into a sham. 

Puel has flaws yes without a shadow of doubt. But those flaws aren't exposing us to relegation. We are inconsistent, expected of a squad now with so many inexperienced players. We are simply okay. Might as well try stability this time rather than bringing in another manager; just to add the outstanding candidates are few. 

And there it is. 

The difference between the Iners and Outers in a nutshell. 

Some are happy with not getting relegated - the Iners, while the Outers want us to have a go, play as we did in terms of spirit, desire and application to win games on the front foot  as we did - (yes not always with Nige, but when Cambiasso assisted) for three seasons straddling two managers.

Thats what we loved; that birra pashun allied wanting to attack WITH SPEED; and we are not on about the much trotted out ‘Long ball to Vardeh ain’t gonna work’  either. 

Claude not got it; simple.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

46 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Or maybe a real sense of now having the money and owners to change that small club mindset? weird to think otherwise.

But to create any legacy it takes time and a long term strategy. The owners clearly don’t have the riches of a Chelsea or a Manchester City.

Clearly judging from West Ham, Everton and others spending, we don’t have much of an advantage on them or more. They are spending as much or if not more. 

To become ‘bigger’, it takes continuous stability of top ten finishes and the infrastructure builds around it (which again new training grounds and stadium extensions are a 3 year scheme). 

29 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

He has had all the time to make a difference and he hasn't. 

He’s taken a time from the lower reaches of the division and stabilised them into finishing in our equal third ever highest finish in the Premier League. That’s levelled off currently and now is his time to prove himself 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

And there it is. 

The difference between the Iners and Outers in a nutshell. 

Some are happy with not getting relegated - the Iners, while the Outers want us to have a go, play as we did in terms of spirit, desire and application to win games on the front foot  as we did - (yes not always with Nige, but when Cambiasso assisted) for three seasons straddling two managers.

Thats what we loved; that birra pashun allied wanting to attack WITH SPEED; and we are not on about the much trotted out ‘Long ball to Vardeh ain’t gonna he work’ 

Claude not got it; simples.

I’m being realistic, simples. What you want is a fantasy and simply not sustainable. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2