Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

45 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I hate this "but who's currently free?" argument. We've got a squad any manager outside of the top 6 would love, an £80m training ground on the way and a world famous profile thanks to winning the title.

Who wouldn't want to come to Leicester City right now?

We should have our pick of 95% of managers in the professional game and we're a top class manager away from challenging that top 6 on a regular basis (or at the very least making 7th a given).

So why, if all that is correct, did we end up with Puel after appointing Shakespeare?

I think they'll get rid of Puel fairly soon should we have a bad run (but he'll probably win enough to stay for a while) but anyone expecting a top choice afterwards is very optimistic given the recruitment team.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pete from the USA said:

I understand your point. I wasn't thrilled about Leicester adopting a high-press attacking style. The risk is always that you get caught out by the counter-attack, which is what happened tonight. Morgan and Maguire both nearly got red cards trying to cope with the gaping holes left by Chilwell and Periera. I liked the Pearson/Ranieri defensive style better. I think winning ugly was beautiful. 

But we have Puel and this is what we are doing. This is the first game that really exposed this flaw in his system. If he can fix the problem, his strategy could work. It's stupid not to give him the chance to fix this. 

I would give him until the second half of the season. If they keep getting caught out and can't cope with the counterattack, I would look for a manager with a different style. 

My dream replacement is Diego Simeone. But given the choice I'd prefer to see Puel succeed. 

Sorry i have to disagree, with your comment this is the first game. Palace away last year I am pretty sure was 5 goals as well, plus others where we have been woeful. I do not get we have Puel so this is what we are doing. Diego would be a dream appointment. Without meaning to be rude, can I ask what you see in Puel and why you want him to stay? I really see nothing positive in him as our coach, all a personal opinion of course. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We aren't going to get Wenger, Conte or Zidane. 

Blanc is unlikely. 

Here is a list of available managers.

Lambert

De boer

Pardew

Bilic

Moyes

Allardyce

Ranieri

Henry

Di Matteo

If i've missed any feel free to add, but to those who want Puel out, who the hell do you want in?

Because 30 odd posters carry on their crusade..doesn't mean ..MANY..

32 minutes ago, Corky said:

So why, if all that is correct, did we end up with Puel after appointing Shakespeare?

I think they'll get rid of Puel fairly soon should we have a bad run (but he'll probably win enough to stay for a while) but anyone expecting a top choice afterwards is very optimistic given the recruitment team.

Because, for all Leicester City has moved on with it's team on the pitch, the one off it (with the same old faces who were there when we were a Championship club) is still not top 10 Premier League.

It's unclear if we approached a string of top class managers who turned us down so we resorted to Puel or whether it was just a gamble they made without having tried for someone elite.

11 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It's unclear if we approached a string of top class managers who turned us down so we resorted to Puel or whether it was just a gamble they made without having tried for someone elite.

I would imagine it was the second scenario.

Puel is taking us in the right direction but if he doesnt sort out the defence soon he'll be on thin ice! I dont want him sacked but we cannot have any more defeats like this. We should never be conceding 4 goals to Bournemouth. Its clear ricardo isn't working at rb and Maguire and Morgan isn't working at cb. While Ricardo has offered us more going forward hes a poor defender. We either change to wing backs and 3 cbs with maguire, evans and soyuncu with chilly and ricardo as wing backs or if he persists with 4 at the back then evans/ Morgan just wont work with maguire. The lack of pace is frightening! Cannot gift teams 3 goals and expect to get anything. When you score 2 goals away from home you should at least draw. Attacking wise i feel we look good but its no use being good going forward if your defence is a wretched as ours! 

• Like 1

What’s abundantly clear is that we don’t have the knowledge, capability or desire to appoint a manager from abroad. If we were to sack Puel I think Macia would be the only would one I’d trust to come up with names.

• Like 1

Puel is at his best when we aren't playing. Honestly, read how the positivity grows as the days add up from the last time we played. When you get an international break, it's even more so. Our fans start to boast about the great young squad we have and how the futures so bright, but we soon come crashing back once the next games been played. End the season already.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

What’s abundantly clear is that we don’t have the knowledge, capability or desire to appoint a manager from abroad. If we were to sack Puel I think Macia would be the only would one I’d trust to come up with names.

We certainly wouldn't be able to pull a Garcia or Potch out of the hat, that's for sure. I'm with you on that. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Puel is at his best when we aren't playing. Honestly, read how the positivity grows as the days add up from the last time we played. When you get an international break, it's even more so. Our fans start to boast about the great young squad we have and how the futures so bright, but we soon come crashing back once the next games been played. End the season already.

I'm as guilty as anyone for this. 

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

We certainly wouldn't be able to pull a Garcia or Potch out of the hat, that's for sure. I'm with you on that. 

We appoint managers that are out of work and have worked in English football. That’s not to say we wouldn’t appoint others but we don’t look capable so that leaves a list of awful managers. Apparently we wanted Wagner but he wouldn’t join so it doesn’t look like we can attract managers already in a job either.

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

We appoint managers that are out of work and have worked in English football. That’s not to say we wouldn’t appoint others but we don’t look capable so that leaves a list of awful managers. Apparently we wanted Wagner but he wouldn’t join so it doesn’t look like we can attract managers already in a job either.

It's like we aren't fully aware of talented managers outside of the premier league/championship or we just think it's too big of a gamble. 

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Why would a manager in a stable job come to a club that sacks the manager every season almost without fail?