Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

3 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We aren't going to get Wenger, Conte or Zidane. 

Blanc is unlikely. 

Here is a list of available managers.

Lambert

De boer

Pardew

Bilic

Moyes

Allardyce

Ranieri

Henry

Di Matteo

If i've missed any feel free to add, but to those who want Puel out, who the hell do you want in?

We need to find the new next Pep Guardiola will the owners bank roll a top manager of his status to go with their ambition?

Dyche has not been mentioned as much of late is there a reason, just a thought Roberto Mancini or Rafael Benitez decent pedigrees could turn us round and keep us the right end of the table.

Its a bit of a shame really all the negativity from the pundits and Southampton fans when we appointed Puell the boring football and boring interviews, he just doesn’t have the air of a successful manager he’s had 40 odd games in charge of the foxes some great some not so great most were saying give him time to bring in his own team and develop what we have, but he’s spent a large wedge over the last couple of windows trouble is he’s not really played them sent one on loan without even kicking a ball for the foxes a defender with a great pedigree which hasn’t been near the first team only keeping faith with old Wes who’s caused a few cockups along the way two European champions in Silva and Iborra who can’t seem to get a game for love nor money.

He’s using Gray as a forward completely out of position who knows what’s going through his head when he picks the team tells them how to play he’s not really helped himself but hey it’s definately been a rollercoaster with CP in charge so now it’s just time to see how long he can stay in the hot seat before the owners get nervy and bring in “le Guillotine “ especially after the display of his team and the result today have the owners had enough as some fans have we can all but wait and see I for one just hope we can turn things round I’m not champing at the bit for another title win just an honest hard fought performance from the Leicester City team we all know and love and know they can produce, will it be with CP who knows but at the moment he is our manager and deserves our support until the time  the owners call time on his time at LCFC.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Look how long it has taken Klopp, look how long it has taken Howe in the premier league. 

I know he wont get the time, but that’s what it takes. 

This is modern day football though so we’ll more than likely have some other ****er in within a few weeks.

Having said that. Win one lose one probably takes us to 8th at the end of the season so perhaps that’s all that’s required from the board? 

Eh up mate where we having this pint ;)

I did ask for Howe after we sacked Ranieri and although I like Howe and how he plays attacking football, I don't think he'll leave Bournemouth again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I did ask for Howe after we sacked Ranieri and although I like Howe and how he plays attacking football, I don't think he'll leave Bournemouth again.

He'd only leave them for the top six or Everton. Can't see any offers coming in from them anytime soon. 

The criteria for a new manager

1) a track record of investing in young players

2) willing to play 3-4-1-2 or adapt to the strengths of your squad

3) capable of blending different styles of football. Both counter attacking and being comfortable in possession when required

4) has more than 10 englishes phrases and sentences to use in press conferences and interviews

5) a motivator

Any ideas of such a man?

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

3) capable of blending different styles of football. Both counter attacking and being comfortable in possession when required

4) has more than 10 englishes phrases and sentences to use in press conferences and interviews

5) a motivator

Any ideas of such a man?

Point one is probably the biggest stumbling block. 

Edited by BenTheFox

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

5) a motivator

Any ideas of such a man?

Me

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Somewhere in Bournemouth! Bloody lovely down there lol 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

The biggest question is what direction do we head in?

Do we persist with trying to be a team that has a majority of the ball and that wants to bring through young players?
OR

Do we revert back to type and get a manger in who will make us hard to beat and will take us back to the predominently counter-attacking route?

The thing is, Puel has now been here for close to a year and has now had a full pre-season to work on his strategy.

One could say that the whole of last season's period between February and May was one big experiment.

I don't see any red line connecting the league performances so far, apart from the fact that one full-back likes to play winger, leaving his whole right-hand side fully exposed for opposing attackers to thrive in, and that Maddison is a wonderful player as an attacking midfielder, but I'm not sure one striker alone up front is the answer. We need more attacking threat, Gray blows hot and cold again after a great pre-season and Ghezzal hasn't truly been able to leave his mark on the pitch, comes across as a phantom at times.

Do we really need two defensive midfielders behind Maddison at all or shouldn't we go for a diamond with two outside midfielders and two attackers instead?

4-2-3-1 it is apparently, but we look like an assortment of football players rather than a unit. And where's the leadership?

That's both irritating and somewhat frightening.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Thanks 1

I hate this "but who's currently free?" argument. We've got a squad any manager outside of the top 6 would love, an £80m training ground on the way and a world famous profile thanks to winning the title.

Who wouldn't want to come to Leicester City right now?

We should have our pick of 95% of managers in the professional game and we're a top class manager away from challenging that top 6 on a regular basis (or at the very least making 7th a given).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

His results haven't been great. 

He doesn't seem very inspiring and that is reflected in the play. 

Southampton fans seem to say the same about him. 

I agree he needs more time to implement his system but in my eyes he's done nothing to deserve the credit he's getting from some quarters. 

I don't like him yet and that's unlikely to change until we get our act together. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I hate this "but who's currently free?" argument. We've got a squad any manager outside of the top 6 would love, an £80m training ground on the way and a world famous profile thanks to winning the title.

We should have our pick of 95% of managers in the professional game and we're a top class manager away from challenging that top 6 on a regular basis (or at the very least making 7th a given).

Well it felt like nobody wanted to touch us when we sacked Shakespeare. I really wonder whether we're as much of an attractive proposition as you think. 

Feel free to make suggestions of who you feel should be our manager and whether they're realistic or not.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

5) a motivator

Any ideas of such a man?

MON is happy at Ireland I think.

5 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

That’s not for us to decide is it?

There are professionals at the club whose job this is. Their time should be dedicated to finding someone who believes in entertaining football that is committed to scoring goals and worth watching. Someone who is suited to the club and the English game.

He doesn’t have to be well known, he doesn’t have to have managed in England, he doesn’t need a track record of keeping teams up - and they don’t realise this. He just needs talent and he needs to like football. Their philosophy is what’s important.

I mean, how have Leeds ended up with Bielsa and we’ve got this depressing twat?

Like it or not, Leeds are still a sleeping giant and can attract a big name manager - as well as a more than competent manager! Despite us winning the Prem. we seem to have been unable to attract anybody good to the role since Ranieri lost the plot! That said, it's still worth noting that we were unable to beat Bournemouth in our Premier League winning season! 

13 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

REALLY ?? I don't think we are any more an attractive proposition for a new manager than the likes of Palace, Wolves or Fulham.

Everton are a far bigger club than us and have  more pulling power than we do and they are mucking around with the likes of Silva and Allardyce.

Sacking Claudio left a bitter taste in the mouth of the football world and will not be forgotten in terms of treating managers badly.

Be careful what you wish for.