Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

6 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Don't agree with changing him this early. He does need to drop this system though and play to the squad's strength, which would be with a back 3 and flying wingbacks in Ricardo and Chilwell and a front two of Vardy and Iheanacho with Maddison behind them and Mendy and N'didi sitting

He won't do that though. Next week it'll be the same formation and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same team (Evans for Morgan).

So if he's not willing to change anything even when 3-0 down at half-time, and won't change anything between games, then it's a no from me.

16 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Wenger is stubborn, tactically naive and his transfer record in recent years is shit. He wouldn’t want the job and wouldn’t do a good job of it anyway.

Not got a bad record though, 3 Prem titles, 7 FA Cups plus 7 Community shields, if he could grab us one of them over the next couple of seasons, I'd be a happy man :)

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Those in charge don't know their arse form their elbow when it comes to scouting and selecting managers. I'd think long and hard before wishing another decision on the chief clown.

But simple reality is it's going to happen unless we actually get some good performances that result in wins pretty sharpish.

All appointments are a gamble. Most managers don't last 2 years. Puel did well in France and most on here thought Soton were mad to sack him after finishing 8th. It's obvious he can't manage in this country now but nobody could have foresaw that. When it comes to appointing managers we're no worse than anyone else. 

5 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

But Its their own money, its a business totally dependent on results

Doesn't matter how much money you throw at it you can make mistakes. If you continue to hire managers you then sack then it's not a great record is it. Most clubs our size that go through managers regular eventually go down (Newcastle, Sunderland, WBA all recent examples). Bigger clubs can get away with it more (Chelsea, Manchester City etc) because of pulling power probably (ie  they get better managers in).

The people in charge of hiring managers here haven't got a clue (or it seems that way for me). Under this ownership we've had Sousa, Sven, Pearson, Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel. Only two of those have been superb but all five prior to Puel have been sacked. 

Edited by Fox92

53 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

If you can’t get Rodgers or Rafa, then Big Sam, it’s not a popularity contest we need someone to come in and put some order in place. We’ve not had any since we won the league, and after today’s showing I’m more that confident Puel hasn’t got a ****ing clue what he is doing. 

Will be so depressing if that's what we have to resort to. Short-term, garbage football, no young players being given an opportunity etc. Would feel like a real backwards step. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Oadby Fox said:

Not got a bad record though, 3 Prem titles, 7 FA Cups plus 7 Community shields, if he could grab us one of them over the next couple of seasons, I'd be a happy man :)

Only the FA cup successes were recent, Arsenal had the same issues for about 8 years under him and he didn’t address them. He wouldn’t come here anyway 

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Will be so depressing if that's what we have to resort to. Short-term, garbage football, no young players being given an opportunity etc. Would feel like a real backwards step. 

Rather than getting served by teams supposedly on your level? Today was embarrassing. We looked absolutely clueless. I’d take drab effective football over tippy tappy shite anyday. 

7 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Rather than getting served by teams supposedly on your level? Today was embarrassing. We looked absolutely clueless. I’d take drab effective football over tippy tappy shite anyday. 

It's happened once this season. (The other defeats are by teams not on our 'level').

If Puel was to go and we brought in an "experienced" PL manager I'll be fuming because there's no way I want Allardyce/Pardew/Lambert near this club.

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, HKFox said:

Can I ask why you think this is stupid? 

Puel took over, we played wonderful for a month or so and then we have been stale. He has spent 1OOmillion on players and we look no better at all than his first few games. Possession is brilliant, but if you don't do anything with it then it is pointless. Yes we hit the post if you want to say created chances but we concede so many goals and always look vulnerable at the back. We won a league title with least possession if you need evidence. I can not see any players getting better with Puel as a manager. Maddison was playing very well at Norwich, Chilwell is still good going forward but can not defend. Ndidi, I did think he was brilliant when he first arrived but again he sees the game pretty much pass him by. I would like a manager who can motivate and inspire the team and fans. I was lucky enough when i was growing up the first manager I really remember was Martin O'Neil, so I might be biased with my view in wanting a manager who motivates and is on the touchline assisting his players. [No i am not asking for him back now, but a manager in that manner / outlook]. 

We all support Leicester and it is fine to have a different opinion to the fan sitting next to me at the games. We are not all going to think the same.  I think we have a hugely talented team easily capable of finishing 8-1Oth. I understand we will lose games as we have a young team so please do not think my view is based on today alone. 

I understand your point. I wasn't thrilled about Leicester adopting a high-press attacking style. The risk is always that you get caught out by the counter-attack, which is what happened tonight. Morgan and Maguire both nearly got red cards trying to cope with the gaping holes left by Chilwell and Periera. I liked the Pearson/Ranieri defensive style better. I think winning ugly was beautiful. 

But we have Puel and this is what we are doing. This is the first game that really exposed this flaw in his system. If he can fix the problem, his strategy could work. It's stupid not to give him the chance to fix this. 

I would give him until the second half of the season. If they keep getting caught out and can't cope with the counterattack, I would look for a manager with a different style. 

My dream replacement is Diego Simeone. But given the choice I'd prefer to see Puel succeed. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

The thing is though, he'll be here for a year, throw the cup competitions, demand a massive wage and then **** off. Then we'll be back to square one all over again. I'm alright with finishing mid-table if we are making positive steps in terms of building a younger team, trying to play a more sustainable brand of football, have a decent go at the cups etc. Sam Allardyce will achieve the mid-table part, but that's the most he'll do. He's very limited. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Only the FA cup successes were recent, Arsenal had the same issues for about 8 years under him and he didn’t address them. He wouldn’t come here anyway 

True, I'm just thinking the French connection with Puel may work for us. Two heads are better than one as they say 

35 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Those in charge don't know their arse form their elbow when it comes to scouting and selecting managers. I'd think long and hard before wishing another decision on the chief clown.

But simple reality is it's going to happen unless we actually get some good performances that result in wins pretty sharpish.

They'll probably give it to De Boer despite his Crystal Palace nightmare because he's a big name and then round we go again.

11 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

They'll probably give it to De Boer despite his Crystal Palace nightmare because he's a big name and then round we go again.

I think it'd more likely be Bilic, I wouldn't be happy with that but it could be so much worse.

Really frustrated to read so many 'Puel In' fans acting as if the rest of us are idiots. We have aspirations to be a Top 8 club at least, with the money to support that. Does anyone really think Puel is one of the Top 8 Managers in the Prem? We've lost 8 in 12. I've never understood why we needed to make this transformation to a possession-based side. In Puel's defence the one thing he has done is added even more pace, which should support our great counter-attacking philosophy of recent years. There are loads of Managers out there who would love this job. Benitez would be my choice for what it's worth and yes, I think he'd come. Lets think much much bigger.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

It doesn't matter what Puel does - he won't win over the fans regardless of what results come in.  That's the conclusion I have come to.

I feel the same way. We don't even sing his name and he's been manager for 11 months.

1 minute ago, fabufox said:

Really frustrated to read so many 'Puel In' fans acting as if the rest of us are idiots. We have aspirations to be a Top 8 club at least, with the money to support that. Does anyone really think Puel is one of the Top 8 Managers in the Prem? We've lost 8 in 12. I've never understood why we needed to make this transformation to a possession-based side. In Puel's defence the one thing he has done is added even more pace, which should support our great counter-attacking philosophy of recent years. There are loads of Managers out there who would love this job. Benitez would be my choice for what it's worth and yes, I think he'd come. Lets think much much bigger.

I'm certainly not going to talk to you like you're an idiot. I think a lot of us are just really frustrated with the modern way of constanty sacking managers. I for one completely believe that we did need to learn to keep the ball better. Our ball retention or a lack of under Shakespeare was nothing short of embarrassing for a premier league outfit and we were just constantly under pressure. Another thing is that teams do approach us differently than the season where we won the league. We certainly don't have the luxury of the opposition over committing in attack that we used to have. On the other hand I do think that this brand of football does come at the expense of our personality and that we have become somewhat of a soft touch. 

Puel should be given to at least Christmas. He’s doing lots of things right, bringing in youth, trying to play a more possession based game, slowly moving the ageing players on. Today’s result was poor but we are usually poor against Bournemouth anyway. Key moments and decisions went against us and we were punished for basic defending mistakes. He’s brought in two new centre halves and one will now get his chance next week. Sacking him and starting from scratch yet again will continue this unsuccessful cycle of hiring and firing.  

Edited by funkyrobot