Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Nathaniel Clyne - Reported January target

According to the Daily Mirror, he's a reported transfer target for January.

Would you take him?

Personally would rather give the current defenders, including those that haven't played recently more gametime try to impress than potentially bring him in imo.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Always rated him to be fair. If he can stay fit he'd be a decent signing. Doesnt play much at Liverpool with Alexander Arnold and Gomez ahead of him so id say hed be worth a punt. Maybe loan in jan with a view to sign permanently in the summer.

• Like 1

Another attacking RB would be fairly handy if we've given up on project Ricardo at RB and Amartey back to bench, reserve or even off.

Alexander-Arnold has clearly come in and improved on him defensively and technically, as well as having yuge potential. You'd be concerned what his motivation would be like leaving there and you wouldn't want to pay loadsa money for surplus to requirements, although other teams like Palace, Brighton, maybe Watford and Wolves would be good fits.

It depends if we really need him

Most full backs are either attack minded or defensive stay-at-home fathers. It's hard to find a balance of both. Only one I can think of is Azpilicueta, he is competent going foward and excellent at defending. Even world class full backs like Kyle Walker, Marcelo and Dani Alves have defensive deficiencies.

Our full backs here at City will have deficiencies. We should just accept back. The moment Chilwell become very good at defending he will be off to Chelsea or Man Utd.

34 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I've never rated Clyne. That's just a personal opinion.

This is a forum, I'm allowed to be positive and negative (and just for the record I think I'm more positive than negative).

You are very positive generally @Fox92

and you are are entitled to your opinion

very valid, let’s be fair why is he not getting regular game time presently? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Why bother commenting if you’ve clearly not watched him just to be negative lol 

very good defender thats capable going forward more so than an attacking one who can’t defend. 

Spot on imo.

Defence is his main priority but he is also good coming forward

Once again, it leaves me questioning our transfer policy. We've spent 17.5m on Pereira as a right back, only to shift him to winger, because he's not defensively strong enough and equally, because the manager believes we have no better options at right wing.

Why did we not buy a proper right winger and a more defensively astute full back? At the moment, it seems we throw money around these days without proper consideration.

Soyuncu seems another weird transfer in that with Morgan suspended, he should be a shoe-in to come in for 2-3 games to build experience for next season. At the moment, according to reports, he's very far off the first team.

So I do feel for Puel in that it feels like he's trying to mould a new team with his hands tied behind his back due to bad signings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mod hero said:

Sign a RB stick him RW

sign another RB 

Ricardo isn't a RB, if you think he is then I'm not sure I understand you. His defensive ability in the Prem is pretty poor. I guess you're just having a go at Puel.

Would love Clyne as our RB would strengthen us well.

40 minutes ago, FIF said:

Ricardo isn't a RB, if you think he is then I'm not sure I understand you. His defensive ability in the Prem is pretty poor. I guess you're just having a go at Puel.

Would love Clyne as our RB would strengthen us well.

I do t think he is but Puel does, that’s why he bombed Simpson out