Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Nathaniel Clyne - Reported January target

Think we're ruling Ricardo out a bit too early. He's played in England for around 8 games now, a league considerably more physical than the Portuguese and French leagues respectively. 

Given he's struggling physically and positionally, it'll take time for him to bulk up a tad and get better awareness. Something I'd be confident in saying is being worked on in training.

Currently with injuries and how we're playing, his best position is looking at RM currently. But wouldn't be surprised to see him take that RB spot either this year or next.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Think we're ruling Ricardo out a bit too early. He's played in England for around 8 games now, a league considerably more physical than the Portuguese and French leagues respectively. 

Given he's struggling physically and positionally, it'll take time for him to bulk up a tad and get better awareness. Something I'd be confident in saying is being worked on in training.

Currently with injuries and how we're playing, his best position is looking at RM currently. But wouldn't be surprised to see him take that RB spot either this year or next.

....can't say I agree with this!!

He is never a Fullback, should be done under the trade description act. As you have stated, very poor positionally, weak in defence and an inability to read the game to sense danger.

A bigger more important revelation is what was he doing on the left hand side when he broke to score yesterday. He looked like it is a more comfortable position for him and the instinct to go forward, lay off to Nacho and receiving the pass back beating the defender all ends up and finish was that of a top player and perhaps that is where he should be.Surprisingly no one appears to have mentioned the fact that he was on the wrong side and the fact that he was a natural in that position. Puel might just have got lucky and found the round peg for the left midfield and perhaps Albrighton on the right might just be the balance we need as Albrighton will not have to continually check when breaking forward and attack a defence instead of slowing the atttack down to switch back to his better foot.

Ghezzal has not had the amount of games that we would have liked but he appears to be someone who can operate in tight situations without a need to panic and could be a replacement for the tiring Maddison for the last 15 minutes in matches.

The introduction of Clyne as the right back with Albrighton ahead would make us a lot stronger and would alleviate many of our worries in respect of the defence.

I'm sure pereira need time to adapt. Even world class like marcelo and daniel alvez left so many holes in the back. 

They made lot of threat going forward btw which drag the opposition winger back. 

Time will tell wheter pereira are going to develop defensively better like chilwell or like the previous 2 names. 

We didn't need clyne. Unless by the time transfer window open, pereira still struggle to fulfill one of those

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

He is never a Fullback, should be done under the trade description act. As you have stated, very poor positionally, weak in defence and an inability to read the game to sense danger.

A bigger more important revelation is what was he doing on the left hand side when he broke to score yesterday. He looked like it is a more comfortable position for him and the instinct to go forward, lay off to Nacho and receiving the pass back beating the defender all ends up and finish was that of a top player and perhaps that is where he should be.Surprisingly no one appears to have mentioned the fact that he was on the wrong side and the fact that he was a natural in that position. Puel might just have got lucky and found the round peg for the left midfield and perhaps Albrighton on the right might just be the balance we need as Albrighton will not have to continually check when breaking forward and attack a defence instead of slowing the atttack down to switch back to his better foot.

Ghezzal has not had the amount of games that we would have liked but he appears to be someone who can operate in tight situations without a need to panic and could be a replacement for the tiring Maddison for the last 15 minutes in matches.

The introduction of Clyne as the right back with Albrighton ahead would make us a lot stronger and would alleviate many of our worries in respect of the defence.

Let's see. Pereira is still adapting to this league. Wheter he will develop as chilwell, or like marcelo, attacking wingback in fullback role, or even like bale, fullback converted to winger, inverted forward, then strikers. 

Occasionally see Macia off somewhere, whether it be West Ham or Villa in recent times on FT. Surely huge question marks to be asked if we are abandoning Ricardo at RB already. 

Some of the recruitment in this guys reign has been very questionable. I think maybe we let Macia go and mess up Villa even more!

Nothing wrong with Clyne. Would be a good addition. We know he can defend, but why so soon after signing Ricardo? Maybe paper talk putting this together with Puels Southampton past. 

23 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

You are very positive generally @Fox92

and you are are entitled to your opinion

very valid, let’s be fair why is he not getting regular game time presently? 

Because he had a terrible injury and Trent-Alexander has taken full advantage and more to the point is an unbelievable talent that will be England RB for the next 10+ years. None of this is Clyne's fault, he is a very good player.

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Puel played him on the left at Nice. He went back to the right under the new manager when Puel went to Southampton from what I gather. It was left back rather than left midfield though.

3 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Occasionally see Macia off somewhere, whether it be West Ham or Villa in recent times on FT. Surely huge question marks to be asked if we are abandoning Ricardo at RB already. 

Some of the recruitment in this guys reign has been very questionable. I think maybe we let Macia go and mess up Villa even more!

Nothing wrong with Clyne. Would be a good addition. We know he can defend, but why so soon after signing Ricardo? Maybe paper talk putting this together with Puels Southampton past. 

Ricardo is very much a Puel approved signing, he loved him at Nice. I’m sure he’ll have cropped up on our radar as well as his attacking stats from full back were very impressive and we love getting players from Portugal. 

12 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

You could repeat this for numerous of our players. Ghezzal is another whose been written off when his performances have been a mixed bag of crap, average and good

5 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

Let's see. Pereira is still adapting to this league. Wheter he will develop as chilwell, or like marcelo, attacking wingback in fullback role, or even like bale, fullback converted to winger, inverted forward, then strikers. 

...it feels like I am having a conversation with Puel.

Ricarddo is not a fullback, never going to be. He can certainly play the wing back role which would not so much rely on his ability to defend but certainly, we should be playing people in there correct positions and not attempt to speculate if someone can grow into a certain position that would suit the manager,why not buy a player to fit the role. We brought a Right Back (Ricardo) to replace Simpson and we now find the RB is to a very large degree incompetent in playing in that position, so we play him as a Right Winger and then we look to find someone to come in to play at right back. Puel must have known the shortcomings of Ricardo and if his plan was to play him on the RW then why did he not bring in a competent RB, or did he think we would just use a makeshift from the U23s.

As I have said before, Puel brings all the criticisms on himself with his indecisions and lack of foresight.

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it feels like I am having a conversation with Puel.

Ricarddo is not a fullback, never going to be. He can certainly play the wing back role which would not so much rely on his ability to defend but certainly, we should be playing people in there correct positions and not attempt to speculate if someone can grow into a certain position that would suit the manager,why not buy a player to fit the role. We brought a Right Back (Ricardo) to replace Simpson and we now find the RB is to a very large degree incompetent in playing in that position, so we play him as a Right Winger and then we look to find someone to come in to play at right back. Puel must have known the shortcomings of Ricardo and if his plan was to play him on the RW then why did he not bring in a competent RB, or did he think we would just use a makeshift from the U23s.

As I have said before, Puel brings all the criticisms on himself with his indecisions and lack of foresight.

Pereira was a winger. Puel did convert him onto French league right back in lile

So there's chance that he could do that once again in Premier league. 

Guest MattP

Rudkin: "Morning Vichai, can we have 30 million for a right back?"

Vichai: "What happened to the 20 million spent on the right back we signed in the summer?"

Rudkin: "Errrr he can't defend"

Vichai: "Is he in the team?"

Rudkin: "Errr yeah he's in place of that other guy we signed on the wing as he's better than him at attacking"

Vichai: ?

Edited by MattP

52 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

Pereira was a winger. Puel did convert him onto French league right back in lile

So there's chance that he could do that once again in Premier league. 

....he lacks awareness, positionally very poor, light weight and if he played in that position for Puel how on earth can he accept that quality of defending. People say give him time, time wont resolve this predicament.

We may have just got lucky and found that his natural position is LW and the worst we can do is to put him back in defence.

12 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Because he had a terrible injury and Trent-Alexander has taken full advantage and more to the point is an unbelievable talent that will be England RB for the next 10+ years. None of this is Clyne's fault, he is a very good player.

Fair comment bud

I was just saying @Fox92 is also entitled to his opinion on the matter.

im on the fence, obviously not a bad player but I’m just not sure personally 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he lacks awareness, positionally very poor, light weight and if he played in that position for Puel how on earth can he accept that quality of defending. People say give him time, time wont resolve this predicament.

We may have just got lucky and found that his natural position is LW and the worst we can do is to put him back in defence.

After he's converted as fullback in France, he's somehow managed to play as fullback for a while, including for his national team. There's must be something missing here. 

Except for light weight, last season chilwell got same problem with him. We know how he's improved very well in defend this season, after almost a year becoming first choice left back. 

4 hours ago, sdb said:

1000% yes. Him and Ricardo down the right could be sensational.

ive heard why he vanished from the Liverpool side though and it’s a tad concerning 

He missed most of last season injured and Alexander-Arnold came in and excelled 

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 08:39, Fox92 said:

I've never rated Clyne. That's just a personal opinion.

This is a forum, I'm allowed to be positive and negative (and just for the record I think I'm more positive than negative).

That over used old chestnut "you are so negative". Genuinely despise people who use this in an attempt to silence criticism.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, somebum said:

That over used old chestnut "you are so negative". Genuinely despise people who use this in an attempt to silence criticism.

I also despise people making up faults in players for no reason. His comment would be similar to a arsenal fan not wanting to sign Vardy because he’s ‘lazy’. Clearly isn’t true. It just seemed a pointless, negative comment that clearly isn’t true if you’d ever watched the player. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi