Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

My first thought when I heard about Gomez injury was that because he can also play RB (although he's establishing himself at CB) Liverpool may be reluctant to offload Clyne in January now, leaving themselves short if anything happened to Alexander-Arnold. My second thought was "Oh dear, hope the lads OK"!

Just maybe Andrea Belotti could fit the bill for LCFC as a different option up front.

Andrea Belotti is 24 year-old currently plays for Torino in Serie A but has been linked to a switch to the Premier League. During his time with Torino, he has scored 60 goals and assisted another 21 over a total of 124 appearances.

He is 5’11” and would certainly be an ideal target man in the box as well as being a quality hold-up player for Leicester.

On 05/12/2018 at 14:21, Xen said:

Welbeck available on a free in the summer, apparently. If his wage demands are reasonable he could be worth a punt; reckon we'd do a better job than Arsenal at keeping him free of injury. Might even be able to get him in Jan for a small fee.

People will poo poo you but I think he is ideal for Leicester City. I wanted him before his last move. The guy is unpredictable for defenders, runs and works hard and can score goals.

On 06/12/2018 at 05:11, bpfox said:

if we dont bring a center forward and a class winger we will have no chance of finishing in the top eight. nacho, gray, and diabate, are well below premier league standard. really them 3 could not score at a hore house with a pocket full of money.

I politely disagree. We can easily finish top 8 with the squad we have and I'm sure we will. Breaking the top 6 and making sure of Europe though is our goal and that will always need replacement players. Gray is a very good player. Nacho will be too, it's too early to judge Diabaté but all three are so young and nowhere near their potential nor experienced. They will only improve from the prem level they are already at. I think you are unrealistic to expect such young players to be the finished article. The finished article will be too expensive for us and more to the point will have no interest in playing for Leicester. We have to take these young guys and improve them in order to make the elite level.

15 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

I’ve suggested him before, but we could do worse than take a chance on Brahimi from Porto. Out of contract next summer, potentially available at a decent price, and more experienced at 28yrs old. Pacey and tricky, 12 goals last season 

I like him but it has to be said that the Portuguese link hasn't played out so well so far.

15 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Ricardo has literally been one of our best players:

0A063BDB-D9D5-4E4C-B157-515D7B88F85C.thumb.jpeg.6c400974e49a9695d13ee8d5b5caf868.jpegD0BB6FFD-3F45-409A-B306-B9D324EDFC73.thumb.jpeg.31b83f3d22ad47c2e0a1a8eb74188269.jpeg

And he’s getting much better defensively. 

Evans adds much needed experience to a squad that had way too few defenders.

Benkovic is thriving in Scotland and will come back rating to go next summer. 

Soyuncu made only his second appearance PL yesterday and while his mistake cost us a goal, he’s still young and learning. 

I agree that Ricardo is a very good player and now he is starting to acclimatise to the prem he is looking a great buy. However I do hate how these type of stats are reeled out - they are weak. simple example is how attackers always have bloated stats compared to defenders.

13 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Thiago mendes & ziyech is who id be after but I’m not sure we will sign anyone this jan, apart from some under 23 players. 

Ziyech was my hope for last summer. Get him now but be prepared for him to take time to bed in.

20 minutes ago, grumpy old git said:

Just maybe Andrea Belotti could fit the bill for LCFC as a different option up front.

Andrea Belotti is 24 year-old currently plays for Torino in Serie A but has been linked to a switch to the Premier League. During his time with Torino, he has scored 60 goals and assisted another 21 over a total of 124 appearances.

He is 5’11” and would certainly be an ideal target man in the box as well as being a quality hold-up player for Leicester.

Certainly fits the bill but we would never be able to land him.

14 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Funny I thought of him yesterday as well. He's becoming a top drawer player recently. Would be a massive signing no doubt. I'm not sure he would fancy mid table thrills and spills with us over certainty of Champions League at Moenchengladbach though. As much as I'd love to se a quality international like him to come here, we just aren't that attractive for the likes of Hazard at the moment I'm afraid.

A solid, strong (both physically and mentally), quick and somewhat experienced CM, who can carry the ball forward, pass and tackle... sounds like a wishful dream.

He does want a move to England and we have been linked with him, you never know tbh.

Odd situation as it stands. We certainly need a more proven striker and it's become way clearer this season that when Vardy isn't fit we lack edge. January is always the worst time to buy however and I think our board will certainly not be feeling the urgency that we as fans might. By January, if we're beyond the 30-point mark, we're basically heading for mid-table, which given everything this season is by no means a failure. Next summer I do think we'll aim for a fairly high profile striker should Iheanacho not prove effective enough this year. 

Defensively I actually think we're alright. Chilwell has been a revelation and eased our fears quite a bit after Fuchs went off the boil. Pereira has also been excellent and is improving defensively. The central partnership is of course a little suspect, but statistically we're a bit more solid than perhaps we give them credit for. While Soyuncu is inexperienced, Morgan is truly showing his age, Maguire isn't at his very best and Evans can look a bit shakey, they have sufficed so far and will do until the summer I think. Bare in mind Benkovic will be coming back and honestly looks like he's going to be the first name on the team-sheet when he does. Our loanees will provide real impetus next season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bossman Blessed It said:

Odd situation as it stands. We certainly need a more proven striker and it's become way clearer this season that when Vardy isn't fit we lack edge. January is always the worst time to buy however and I think our board will certainly not be feeling the urgency that we as fans might. By January, if we're beyond the 30-point mark, we're basically heading for mid-table, which given everything this season is by no means a failure. Next summer I do think we'll aim for a fairly high profile striker should Iheanacho not prove effective enough this year. 

Defensively I actually think we're alright. Chilwell has been a revelation and eased our fears quite a bit after Fuchs went off the boil. Pereira has also been excellent and is improving defensively. The central partnership is of course a little suspect, but statistically we're a bit more solid than perhaps we give them credit for. While Soyuncu is inexperienced, Morgan is truly showing his age, Maguire isn't at his very best and Evans can look a bit shakey, they have sufficed so far and will do until the summer I think. Bare in mind Benkovic will be coming back and honestly looks like he's going to be the first name on the team-sheet when he does. Our loanees will provide real impetus next season. 

January is usually a month where you pick up out of favour players or if you've grafted away at a deal for the last few months and tend to pay over the top. It's going to be difficult for us to get the players we might think we need in but a short term loan or two shouldn't be ruled out if we could get the right players. It's notsomething we tend to do as a club but if we are still in the league cup and with the FA Cup to play for as well we should have a right good go at it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grumpy old git said:

Would be a great signing.

21 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Hope is dead and the world is a lie

But it is realistic.

He's not saying that he doesn't want new players, he's saying that we are paying an enormous number of players - some of whom are not worth it - and we need to move some out in order to be able to buy new ones.

It's partly down to Vichai/rudkin/previous managers .... giving long and expensive contracts to everyone in the squad and then having to match those contracts for new players coming in.

Our summer will be huge, should be anyway. I'm still convinced we're hampered this year with wage increases and so January probably will be in/out, possibly made worse by Slim being sent back if they can/do. Whereas the summer we will be able to shift a lot of wage just through contracts ending. Added to any other departures and what you can spend extra every year, we should have plenty of room on wages to go on a bit of spending spree to complete the overhaul if we want. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, grumpy old git said:

I read that as Andrea Bocelli 

Was going to say isn't he a bit old... and blind?

Gerrimin lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Our summer will be huge, should be anyway. I'm still convinced we're hampered this year with wage increases and so January probably will be in/out, possibly made worse by Slim being sent back if they can/do. Whereas the summer we will be able to shift a lot of wage just through contracts ending. Added to any other departures and what you can spend extra every year, we should have plenty of room on wages to go on a bit of spending spree to complete the overhaul if we want. 

Out of interest . Who's contracts are up this Summer ?