Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

39 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Don't think we will sign anyone and we will use the window to trim the squad if anyone comes in for the likes of Silva, Iborra, Okazaki, Fuchs, Simpson, and Silmani.

We have a massively bloated squad and are trying to develop younger players, Anyone signed to go straight into the first team would be stalling the development of the likes of Gray, Chillwell, Soynecu, Ndidi, Maddison, and Iheanacho.

We need a decent backup for Vardy, but anyone good enough to be worth signing would not be happy sitting on the bench behind him for the majority of games.

Anyone not replacing these players as a starter will just add to the bloat of the squad and January is an expensive time to purchase players.

It's not a massively bloated squad. If we get rid of all of the above, we are a couple of injuries away from having no alternatives bar the academy which Puel seems very reluctant to use, contrary to what the local media would have you believe. 

Defensively we could move a couple on and maybe one central midfielder but dont under estimate the likelihood of injuries as the season goes on. We are badly in need of another forward/winger and long term we have to rectify the imbalance in our central midfield.

1 hour ago, manders86 said:

I think he is probably out of our reach now, but I would love Memphis Depay at City

Never struck me as a team player and just watching him against Man City he looks ridiculous with different coloured legs (one is completely tattooed)

33 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Neal Maupay, 22, top scorer in the championship this season.
can play through the middle or wide 
Claude gave him his debut in France.

worth a punt

Only cost brentford 1.6m, read last month that Huddersfield manager willing to pay 10m in Jan for the wonder kid. 

10 goals in his first 11 matches this season. He's there Jamie Vardy! 

Edited by Crispin LA

1 hour ago, Peckfortonfox said:

worth a punt

I think Maupay's at his level and doesn't have enough extra for the top league. Olly Watkins on the other hand could make it. He's the player I'd look at.

• Like 3

Technically gifted midfielder and a winger, if those two are done, then a striker - although that can probably wait until the summer. If we can, move some of the following on

1. King
  2. James
  3. Silva or
  4. Iborra
  5. Simpson (depends on Amartey's injury)
  6. Benalouane
  7. Jakupovic

2 hours ago, NasPb said:

What we need the most. Winger, striker and a cm that's decent at everything. 

Can we get all 3? Probably not but at least a striker like a target man and wide player to make us more creative 

I’d argue the winger and cm you describe would lessen the need for a striker.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Peckfortonfox said:

worth a punt

Yes please. Young, quick, hard working, chases everything down, can finish. Exactly the type of player we should be after. 

20 hours ago, breadandcheese said:

I think Maupay's at his level and doesn't have enough extra for the top league. Olly Watkins on the other hand could make it. He's the player I'd look at.

Anyone decent with his workrate and chasing everything down has a very good chance at making the step up especially as a 22 year old. He's played at every French youth level and can play wide, as a 10, or up top. Football is obviously all about opinions so have to agree to disagree. We will likely see soon enough as someone in the prem will probably take a punt in January. I hope it's us. 

On 23/11/2018 at 14:50, Cardiff_Fox said:

5 in 11 - a goal literally every two games, sees him on a 23 goal season. 

I'd be all over Nelson for a year next season. 

Quiet night tonight as well :ph34r:. Guess I’m ok with humble pie lol.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/28/andy-king-demand-move-away-leicester/amp/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw&__twitter_impression=true

John Percy article

Andy King is set to demand a move away from Leicester in January after suffering another first-team snub.

King, a Premier League title winner and Leicester's longest-serving player, is set to bring an end to his 14-year association with the club when the transfer window reopens next year.

The Wales international has been left out of Leicester's 25-man squad for the league this season and suffered fresh humiliation on Tuesday after Claude Puel failed to pick him for the Carabao Cup tie against Southampton. 

King was not even named in the squad and Puel opted to give South African winger Khanya Leshabela, 19, a place on the bench for the first time.

King has proven a key figure in recent Leicester history, playing a major role when the club won the title under Claudio Ranieri, but is now ready to reluctantly bring the curtain down on his time at the King Power Stadium.

The 30-year-old midfielder has just under 18 months left on his current deal.

After Leicester's win over Southampton on penalties, Puel said: "We have a lot of players in the squad and I cannot give time to all of them. 

"I’m sorry for them but I try to manage all the things with right solution. We have a lot of midfielders."

King is due a testimonial after making his first-team debut in October 2007. He has made 378 appearances for the club, scoring 62 goals since joining Leicester at the age of 15.

When Leicester won the league in 2016 he became the first player in the Premier League era to win the top three divisions with the same club. 

:( but also fair enough

Edited by brucey
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Rigga said:

There was a guy who scored 4 tonight... couple with his head too..

Wont get a look in at Chelsea but would get game time with us..

Worth a punt at £20m ? And add to our English players on the books.

We did pay over that for Nacho

One penalty and one against 10 men, in the Championship. He is very similar to Gray, bit of promise without end product. Nacho is better IMO.

15 hours ago, bpfox said:

sanchez wants out of man u, he is what we really need, i know he will cost heaps but he is all class.

I'm hoping your comment is 'tongue in cheek' 

Sanchez looking like a train wreck at Man U.  Rumoured to be on 350 plus a week. 

He is probably the last player LCFC would have any interest in.

18 hours ago, brucey said:

One penalty and one against 10 men, in the Championship. He is very similar to Gray, bit of promise without end product. Nacho is better IMO.

Tammy Abraham I was talking about..

In no way is he like Gray..Completly different player and one that could actually benefit on our insistence to put crosses into the box for 90 mins with no one able to get on the end of them.

Completely different player to Nacho also

Edited by Rigga

20 hours ago, brucey said:

I still think Abraham would represent a bit of a gamble but the one thing you can't level at him is a lack of end product. He's scored goals for fun apart from in shit Swansea side where he was in and out of the team.

Only just turned 21 to boot.