Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

We talk of how crucial Mahrez was but we seem to have suffered losing Big Banter Ben.

Even when things were tough a la 2015/15 he could be relied upon to pull a funny face or set up a HILARIOUS prank on some other player to lift the mood. Where is the banter gonna come from?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, frany104 said:

Andy Carroll. Out of contract in the summer. We need somebody up front to give defenders a problem. I know he’s injury prone but with a bit better management he would be a great asset.

The only problems he will cause are in the treatment room wrestling with James over treatment table hogging rights. No thank you.  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Max Wall said:

With our recent recruitment record, a gamble on Carroll would result in a reduction from 5 games a season for him to around 90 minutes. 

If you could get 20 games a season out of Carroll, he'd be an asset to most teams in the league, the problem is, you just don't.

Suppose at this time of year it's OK to talk about Carols.. But I'd rather we sign Carol Vorderman! 

Diego Lainez.

Watch a bit of Mexican football due to family and this kid will be very very good. 

Quite a bit of talent coming out of Mexico recently with Lozano, Erick Gutierrez and more. Get him in and loan out to a second tier European league.

Hard to get good value for established players in Jan so would like to see wildcards like this.

1 minute ago, martyn said:

Diego Lainez.

Watch a bit of Mexican football due to family and this kid will be very very good. 

Quite a bit of talent coming out of Mexico recently with Lozano, Erick Gutierrez and more. Get him in and loan out to a second tier European league.

Hard to get good value for established players in Jan so would like to see wildcards like this.

Good idea but we need to trim the squad, reduce rage wage bill and get quality in ..   this might just add to the dead wood.

19 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Yeah and we need goals, this man will not deliver that!

Well unfortunately there is nothing that we can do about that until next month. Okazaki is now on a run of 30 games without a goal, Vardy has injury problems that don't seem to be clearing and bar Maddison there is no other player that looks composed in front of goal. Gray still lashes at shots and is seemingly getting no more consistent as a player and Albrighton and Ghezzal won't chip in with more than a few goals each a year. We are down to the bare bones in options, Iheanacho really is the only potential source for this to change. I don't think he can play the lone striker role and that means if he does play then Maddison has to play wide left with Iheanacho behind Vardy. None of it is perfect and yet again it comes back to how unbalanced this squad is, no wonder Puel can't stop rotating as it's all just makeshift. He has to shoulder most of the blame here though, he's asked for the summer to rectify the squad and it led to a shit load of defenders coming in and very little attacking or creative options.

He's making all the wrong noises about trying to improve our squad in January, i'm hoping this is just his way of trying to put faith in to his squad but we aren't in for a successful season without some improvements to midfield and attack. It's very frustrating to see.

• Like 3

On 08/12/2018 at 12:32, Babylon said:

The problem is, lets say CM is imperative. How could we go and get another with so many already on the books, we'll be absolutely desperate to get rid of Silva, Iborra, King but we'll struggle with the wages all of them are on. We'll be paying others to take them. 

I think the club will recognise we're bloated with average players and will take a long view on that. The club are only really interested in staying up at the minute, they said in the summer they recognised how big a job the transformation of the squad was. With the training ground being paid for and the ground expansion should it happen, IMO they will be happy to tread water whist a) transforming the squad and b) getting the ground and training ground sorted. 

Once we're out of the other side of all of that, things will be completely different and so will be the aims and expectations. 

The club sacking him now would be crazy unless we spiral out of control down the league. A new man with another vision, polluting the squad even further with "their players", meaning even more become unwanted. Meaning another two year rebuild that half our fans clearly don't accept. 

I have my issues with Puel, but I'm happy to take the long view on this.

I'm in the Puel out camp but this is a fantastic post, fair play.

58 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Wesley Moraes from Club Brugge? He's brazilian :P and although in a considerably worse league, he seems to be able to do everything people on here want him to do - be tall and hold up the ball, and finish imperiously. And young too.

Yes please. Maja is the type of player we'll go for though as he can slot straight in to our U23's.

19 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

We talk of how crucial Mahrez was but we seem to have suffered losing Big Banter Ben.

Even when things were tough a la 2015/15 he could be relied upon to pull a funny face or set up a HILARIOUS prank on some other player to lift the mood. Where is the banter gonna come from?

Pablo Picasso YB29

D2B33C7B-6BB3-4BCF-8DA8-88358071C452.jpeg

• Haha 1