Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

10 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Ricardo? There are many transfers that may well be successes too. Evans looks like an excellent squad player, Benkovic looks like he will be quality. Soyuncu hasn't had a real opportunity yet but what we have seen seems class.

Ricardo bought as a RB but can not defend.. Certainly like him going forward.

wouldnt say he was a success..

Evans - don’t want a squad player, want players better than we have.

Benkovic - we have not even seen in the PL yet 

Soyuncu - Takes too many risks and cost us the goal last night. Matt Piper isnt convinced on him from what he has seen in 23s

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I think we need to concentrate on our attacking options. I think assuming we keep Maguire in the window, we will be fine at the back. 

Obvious as anything we need a new striker. That has to be number one on the priority list. Secondly another central midfielder as we need somebody who can pass the ball further than 5 yards sideways. I think a bonus and not essential is another wide man. 

6 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I think we need to concentrate on our attacking options. I think assuming we keep Maguire in the window, we will be fine at the back. 

Obvious as anything we need a new striker. That has to be number one on the priority list. Secondly another central midfielder as we need somebody who can pass the ball further than 5 yards sideways. I think a bonus and not essential is another wide man. 

In the summer we all dismissed it, we tried to move on but it hasnt worked out. Its time to come home Drinky 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

In the summer we all dismissed it, we tried to move on but it hasnt worked out. Its time to come home Drinky 

I think we were hoping Silva could become that man. Drinky is an option but I wonder if he may switch to Fulham now Ranieri is there? 

13 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

11 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I think we were hoping Silva could become that man. Drinky is an option but I wonder if he may switch to Fulham now Ranieri is there? 

For me Drinky is not path forward for this club, too old & injury prone for the last two years. Also I think London appeals to him more than Leicester.

Personally I would be a bit gun shy on spending big money on any player older than 26/27.

I would love to see DD get another chance though after his terrible decision to leave City & think Fulham would be perfect for him.

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

For me Drinky is not path forward for this club, too old & injury prone for the last two years. Also I think London appeals to him more than Leicester.

Personally I would be a bit gun shy on spending big money on any player older than 26/27.

I would love to see DD get another chance though after his terrible decision to leave City & think Fulham would be perfect for him.

Shelvey.   Not sure why people aren’t so keen ...  hard in the tackle, pushes forward, good leadership qualities, played for England, scores goals  ....     nasty little fooker ...   and you always want them in your team ! ...    and probably quire cheap !!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

I’ve suggested him before, but we could do worse than take a chance on Brahimi from Porto. Out of contract next summer, potentially available at a decent price,  and more experienced at 28yrs old. Pacey and tricky, 12 goals last season 

In the prem ?? ...   big difference.  Settled in the country ??    Speaks the language ??   ....     wears gloves when it’s cold ??? ...   

Gloves didn’t do Riyad any harm :dunno:  there aren’t many pacey, proven tricky wingers in the Premier League who we are going to be able to sign. When I say more experienced I mean age and development wise, I love we have a young talented side but adding someone with those qualities at that age isn’t a bad idea in my view. Always a period of adjustment or a risk wherever a player comes from

8 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

How was it mistake by Soyuncu? He went to block and ended up slipping. Nothing you can do about that. He’s looked quality and needs to start 

Other than the goal he did well, but from behind the goal, he slid in to challenge instead of staying on his feet. He’s young, and he’ll learn. Definitely looks promising 

6 hours ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

I would love to see Thorgan Hazard at the KP. He's had a great few seasons for Gladbach and Belgium. Could be tough luring him here as he would get a lot of attention considering his form. 

I think Ligue 1 would be a good hunting ground right now as there's lots of JV type players who are great prospects.

Funny I thought of him yesterday as well. He's becoming a top drawer player recently. Would be a massive signing no doubt. I'm not sure he would fancy mid table thrills and spills with us over certainty of Champions League at Moenchengladbach though. As much as I'd love to se a quality international like him to come here, we just aren't that attractive for the likes of Hazard at the moment I'm afraid.

A solid, strong (both physically and mentally), quick and somewhat experienced CM, who can carry the ball forward, pass and tackle... sounds like a wishful dream.

2 hours ago, Rigga said:

Soyuncu - Takes too many risks and cost us the goal last night. Matt Piper isnt convinced on him from what he has seen in 23s

Top level trolling, congrats.  X

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Shelvey.   Not sure why people aren’t so keen ...  hard in the tackle, pushes forward, good leadership qualities, played for England, scores goals  ....     nasty little fooker ...   and you always want them in your team ! ...    and probably quire cheap !!

Im not saying he would be the answer, but he is the type of player we seem to be lacking. He'd surely cost a fraction of the price of Shelvey and imo is the better player.  He knows the club and would slip straight in, but as youve said he may prefer a move to Fulham.

We're not likely to see anyone coming in at CM, but its frustrating that the Silva/DD move has backfired so spectacularly for everyone involved

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Im not saying he would be the answer, but he is the type of player we seem to be lacking. He'd surely cost a fraction of the price of Shelvey and imo is the better player.  He knows the club and would slip straight in, but as youve said he may prefer a move to Fulham.

We're not likely to see anyone coming in at CM, but its frustrating that the Silva/DD move has backfired so spectacularly for everyone involved

Yes, very frustrating for all involved. I'm shocked that DD or Silva can't even make the bench for their respective teams.

12 hours ago, Rigga said:

Ricardo can't defend? He's been brilliant defensively the past few games, clearly positively adapting to the Premier League.

You don't want squad players? I can't fathom that. It's a 25-man squad. That's a lot of footballers. Some have to be squad players. 

Benkovic is fair enough, even though Celtic fans are pretty much unanimously saying he's the best they've had since Van Dijk.

But judging Soyuncu before he's even strung two games in a row, all because of Matt Piper? What? Give him some time. I bet you were one of the ones who wanted to bin Chilwell last year.