Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

I would rather a signing or two in January but I understand not - it's like chasing your losses when you fvck up on previous signings, the solution seems to be do more of the same and hope for better.

Am concerned that the squad is still lacking balance though. We're a striker light although it sounds like we might be getting Slimani back anyway?

10 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Right, well don't renew any of them. They've all been brilliant, well, perhaps not Benny, but it's time to move on.

I think Morgan will get another year and begin to be phased out from the starting 11 - hopefully with Benkovic and Soyuncu coming along that will be possible. Going from having him as Captain to not having him around at all would be a big decision. 

Fuchs has said he's definitely going and Benalouane will almost certainly leave too. Reckon Okazaki will be joining them (I'll miss him). 

Was 99.9% sure Simpson would leave but he's made a resurgence due to Amertey's injury so may be more to see on that but think come June Puel will keep Amartey on.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Fuchs leave in January - either a mutual termination or a loan to an MLS side as their season starts in March. Depends on if we have faith in Elder as backup or not, though.

The rest will all go in the summer. Morgan will probably have a 1-year option, but wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to Forest for more minutes. Simpson will probably make a similar move.

Probably talking an average of about £50k/week for those 5, which will be a big boost for trying to bring new players in.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Not sure you can have a recall/return option on an international loan ....

I have no clue just what I've seen on the net. News feeds saying they want to return him. 

Then another saying we told them to do one as no agreement for a return. 

Puel has virtually said today there will be no business being done in January as we have a big squad and players need game time. This fills me with zero confidence in terms of the rest of the season and if it’s his decision it could cost him his job!!

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He also said the same during early August and we then went and signed 4 new players in Ward, Ghezzal, Soyuncu and Benkovic

Ah yes. His blatent lies about transfers is coming back to me now.

Yet we don't need more centre halves. We have two right backs and two left backs (with Elder coming in next season). We don't need any more DMs. We have Marc, Gray, Ghezzal, Diabate and potentially Ricardo as wingers. We have Barnes, Maddison and Ghezzal as CMs. And if Vardy stays injury free we can cope up front.

If there's a good striker going then get him. Otherwise no incoming transfers would be okay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I bet the Top and Rudkin are just begging him to let the club pay bucket loads for new strikers and ball playing CMs in January and Puel is just telling them to f*** off lol

I bet the top as you call is is ambitious enough to put his hand in his pocket if needed. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

I bet the top as you call is is ambitious enough to put his hand in his pocket if needed. 

Who knows. But your original post put forward the idea that Puel might have decided he didn't want anyone regardless. Which is a bit bizarre on a couple of levels (at least) 

4 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Who knows. But your original post put forward the idea that Puel might have decided he didn't want anyone regardless. Which is a bit bizarre on a couple of levels (at least) 

Might, should, could, would, I just repeated what HE said earlier, that’s all!