Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

This summers window was only Phase One of the big overhaul of the squad that was needed for some time. We lost a superstar in Mahrez but instead of trying to replace him as a priority, we fixed some glaring problems first.

Quality young RB with the capability to defend and attack, highly experienced central defender, exciting attacking prospect who can play as a 10 and can diversify our attack? Not a coincidence that Ricardo, Evans and Maddison were our first three signings. Younger quality back up keeper? Ward fit that bill perfectly. Buying two new young and exciting CBs on deadline day was an unexpected bonus - Benkovic sent up to Scotland for a year to develop, Soyuncu a much needed strengthening of cover for defence. 

The weird one was Ghezzal - mostly unwanted by fans, definitely unwanted by Monaco. I’m a big believer in giving players a hell of a lot of time - worked well for Vardy - but I honestly don’t see Deirdre adding much or becoming a regular for us. Especially when we’ve got a young player ripping up the Championship on loan. 

But that’s ok; because we’re still in Phase One.

Phase Two starts in a months time and will perhaps see some squad members leave - King, Simpson, Benalouane all certain to be already gone by the summer. Fuchs will be leaving in the summer as planned. Silva might go for the sake of his career. Slimani will not come back either. 

We’ll need replacements for those squad players. I think we’ll start to see a few more youth players be promoted to the first team squad - namely Choudary and Darnell Johnson.

For this reason it’s important that we maintain stability and keep progressing under Puel. Yeah, some of the football might be depressing, but Vichai firmly believed that Puel was the right man with whom to progress so that’s good enough for me while the squad is being overhauled.

Just pointing out that Choudhury is already in the First Team Squad (38) ;)

1 hour ago, richardsfoxes said:

Striker/Winger short of having a great team. 

we signed one, according to a relative of mine. can’t say his connection  to the club but this is a chap we had on trial- davide lorenzo i think his name is.  you don’t get world class players in on trial so i don’t think he is the Mahrez replacement we all wanted.. from juventus? he’s 24 i think so surely too old for the development squad? it’s a strange one really...

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

we signed one, according to a relative of mine. can’t say his connection  to the club but this is a chap we had on trial- davide lorenzo i think his name is.  you don’t get world class players in on trial so i don’t think he is the Mahrez replacement we all wanted.. from juventus? he’s 24 i think so surely too old for the development squad? it’s a strange one really...

I'm quite excited about him, unreasonably so. His story fits in with the Vardy playing non league football and Mahrez lurking in the French second division before they came here. It's mainly because he was working as a waiter when Vichai found him though. We could work in the Human League's You Were Working As A Waitress In A Cocktail Bar into his chant if he comes good.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

I'm quite excited about him, unreasonably so. His story fits in with the Vardy playing non league football and Mahrez lurking in the French second division before they came here. It's mainly because he was working as a waiter when Vichai found him though. We could work in the Human League's You Were Working As A Waitress In A Cocktail Bar into his chant if he comes good.

yes! do it!!!

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Omg I love it 

Davide was working as a waiter in a cocktail bar 

When Vichai first met you

He picked you out, he flew you home 

And now you’re a blue

• Haha 2

Brahim Diaz seems to want out at Man City and I know Real are reported to be interested but could just be agent talk, think he’s the kind of player we should be offering the moon on a stick to and would fit our system and our ethos well.

Id love us to try for Wilfs mate Leon Bailey but I would imagine with Bayer still in Europe he wouldn’t be overly interested in us. Again young, very talented and exactly what we are looking for.

Realistically would be very happy with Wilfred Zaha though. 

We just really need a winger thats a massive handful and a headache for opposing teams.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ballisimo said:

Brahim Diaz seems to want out at Man City and I know Real are reported to be interested but could just be agent talk, think he’s the kind of player we should be offering the moon on a stick to and would fit our system and our ethos well.

Id love us to try for Wilfs mate Leon Bailey but I would imagine with Bayer still in Europe he wouldn’t be overly interested in us. Again young, very talented and exactly what we are looking for.

Realistically would be very happy with Wilfred Zaha though. 

We just really need a winger thats a massive handful and a headache for opposing teams.

Realistically, you say?

2 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Is it worth taking a punt on Bournemouth’s Callum Wilson the lad can’t seem to stop scoring at the moment and if it is true that Vardy might need surgery on his groin soon we’ll be short of firepower?

I think you’d have more chance of platting fog than Bournemouth letting go of him in January! 

Welbeck available on a free in the summer, apparently. If his wage demands are reasonable he could be worth a punt; reckon we'd do a better job than Arsenal at keeping him free of injury. Might even be able to get him in Jan for a small fee.

• Like 1