Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

17 minutes ago, Langston said:

I still think Abraham would represent a bit of a gamble but the one thing you can't level at him is a lack of end product. He's scored goals for fun apart from in shit Swansea side where he was in and out of the team.

Only just turned 21 to boot. 

Would Chelsea sell him & how much?

Chelsea have so many young players, It's just crazy.

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:07, bpfox said:

sanchez wants out of man u, he is what we really need, i know he will cost heaps but he is all class.

Try switching from snorting the white powdery gear to smoking weed.  Better for the nostrils and will not fry brain cells as much.  It certainly helped calm me down when I heard Puel was considering offering Wes another Contract.

• Haha 3

I think we're at the point where we need to start signing the next level of players in a few important places. It's obvious we're a good team, we're holding our own in the premiership under the toughest of recent circumstances with the second youngest team on average in the league. The players are a credit to our club, I'm proud of the way they've handled themselves on and off the pitch.

Sentiments aside, we are missing out on the... Mahrez/Drinkwater effect, most notably in the centre of the park, the player able to split a defence with a 40 yard pass, to find a player after going around two opposing players from the middle of the pitch, someone able to do that special something from a seemingly impossible position. Two almost purely defensive players is too much, we need an upgrade in skillset to include more than the ability to win the ball back and pass it on to the wings.

Whilst I think we can all forgive whatever position in the table we finish this year as long as we stay up, maybe we can still find that player (players?!) this winter transfer window. Recent tragedies hopefully won't stop ambition. We've players to sell on or loan if the former doesn't work out, obviously we've a bloated roster of midfielders and it's an issue we can only pray the club can resolve soon. 

There are options, some wonderfully ambitious suggestions have already been mentioned on here, I'd give multiple limbs for Loftus Cheek to come here for instance. 

There are other positions of course we're going to have to sort out, LB needs either cover at some point, perhaps a winger of quality. I think midfield is our problem though...

Any ideas on who that'd be?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BlueThroughandThrough said:

I think we're at the point where we need to start signing the next level of players in a few important places. It's obvious we're a good team, we're holding our own in the premiership under the toughest of recent circumstances with the second youngest team on average in the league. The players are a credit to our club, I'm proud of the way they've handled themselves on and off the pitch.

Sentiments aside, we are missing out on the... Mahrez/Drinkwater effect, most notably in the centre of the park, the player able to split a defence with a 40 yard pass, to find a player after going around two opposing players from the middle of the pitch, someone able to do that special something from a seemingly impossible position. Two almost purely defensive players is too much, we need an upgrade in skillset to include more than the ability to win the ball back and pass it on to the wings.

Whilst I think we can all forgive whatever position in the table we finish this year as long as we stay up, maybe we can still find that player (players?!) this winter transfer window. Recent tragedies hopefully won't stop ambition. We've players to sell on or loan if the former doesn't work out, obviously we've a bloated roster of midfielders and it's an issue we can only pray the club can resolve soon. 

There are options, some wonderfully ambitious suggestions have already been mentioned on here, I'd give multiple limbs for Loftus Cheek to come here for instance. 

There are other positions of course we're going to have to sort out, LB needs either cover at some point, perhaps a winger of quality. I think midfield is our problem though...

Any ideas on who that'd be?

RoyFox suggested Leandro Parades from Zenit, he'd be an unbelievable capture for us. Would probably require us to break our transfer record but he's the perfect box to box midfielder we require, on a smaller scale Aaron Mooy is of similar style.

I'd love us to go after Michael Gregoritsch as a physical and direct winger who can also play through the middle, he's a younger Arnautovic. We were linked in the summer. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Weren’t we linked with Paredes before he went Zenit? Summer 2016? 

Yes, think either the summer after we won the league or the one after under Shakespeare. Roma appeared to want to keep him but then barely played him and flogged him.