Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

13 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Ricardo can't defend? He's been brilliant defensively the past few games, clearly positively adapting to the Premier League.

You don't want squad players? I can't fathom that. It's a 25-man squad. That's a lot of footballers. Some have to be squad players. 

Benkovic is fair enough, even though Celtic fans are pretty much unanimously saying he's the best they've had since Van Dijk.

But judging Soyuncu before he's even strung two games in a row, all because of Matt Piper? What? Give him some time. I bet you were one of the ones who wanted to bin Chilwell last year. 

Ricardo brilliant going forward..He was bought as an attacking RB. Defensively he has had some stinkers on numerous occasions bar the Watford game where he was MOM. Hardly brilliant defensively the past few games (didn’t even play against Fulham)

Football is a squad game nowadays . I want us to sign players better than we already have.. not just a player that fills a squad position. 

Chilwell is the best English LB around..

Have always rated him, just needed to bide his time as Fuchs had been one of our most consistent performers.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tringfox said:

Puel has virtually said today there will be no business being done in January as we have a big squad and players need game time. This fills me with zero confidence in terms of the rest of the season and if it’s his decision it could cost him his job!!

Even if it's his decision out of realism? We've got to stay in FFP with regards to wages, and that means some expensive deadweight (e.g. Benalouane, King) needs shifting off. If we can do that or get some creative accounting to shift the burden around and across some years then I don't doubt we'll be in for someone. What that says to me is, either he's keeping his cards close to his chest to keep prices down, or he doesn't think we can afford to do the next stage of the rebuild until the summer

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

Do you actually have an opinion on the matter or are you here just to split hairs at everyone else’s??

...but to answer your question... not an opinion that's in anyway novel. Yes a striker and a playmaker would be very useful, yes we have some players to offload if possible. And I don't think anything Puel says about upcoming interest necessarily reflects the actual situation. It could just be part of 'the game' you have to play re. the transfer market.

8 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

...but to answer your question... not an opinion that's in anyway novel. Yes a striker and a playmaker would be very useful, yes we have some players to offload if possible. And I don't think anything Puel says about upcoming interest necessarily reflects the actual situation. It could just be part of 'the game' you have to play re. the transfer market.

12 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

I know it's splitting hairs, but I only split hairs at your comment.

Would that then be splitting a hair?

6 minutes ago, Jamiebux said:

Maybe he signed the new contract to increase or keep his transfer price high with the understanding he would be allowed to leave next summer if a substantial offer is made . Or maybe he’s going nowhere :dunno:

Sorry mate it was a slightly rhetorical question   :)  ....       but whatever they are for they aren’t worth the paper they are written on. 

• Like 1

We need to keep Maguire so we can play a back three of Evans Benk and Maguire next season. We do have replacements but getting rid of a young England defender would be stupid even if he's not linking up with Morgan so well. If we stop playing him it'll be more likely he'll want to leave.

38 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

He’s not going next month ...    lucky us !!

Just remind me ..   what is the point of a contract ???

244A9072-4FD9-4BEF-A2C5-7D2373FD4C97.jpeg

Not read the article but judging from the headline and sub-headline this is not news. Maybe the better question is what is the point of this article....

51 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

Not read the article but judging from the headline and sub-headline this is not news. Maybe the better question is what is the point of this article....

Not much more in the article really ...     what does it tell us ? ...    what does buying several other CB’s tell us ?? ....     ask me in the summer and I’ll probably have an answer.

1 hour ago, Jamiebux said:

Maybe he signed the new contract to increase or keep his transfer price high with the understanding he would be allowed to leave next summer if a substantial offer is made . Or maybe he’s going nowhere :dunno:

His signing a new deal is a win win for all parties ........

unless he gets a bad injury or suffers a massive loss of form, he will leave next summer (assuming we dont win a trophy/ make Europe  in which case top will want him to stick around and will take a bigger offer to take him away)

17 hours ago, Rigga said:

Ricardo brilliant going forward..He was bought as an attacking RB. Defensively he has had some stinkers on numerous occasions bar the Watford game where he was MOM. Hardly brilliant defensively the past few games (didn’t even play against Fulham)

Football is a squad game nowadays . I want us to sign players better than we already have.. not just a player that fills a squad position. 

Chilwell is the best English LB around..

Have always rated him, just needed to bide his time as Fuchs had been one of our most consistent performers.

He had an absolute stinker against Fulham, he's far from the finished article yet.

18 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Nahhh. Two whole sentences without the words 'qualiteee' or 'intensiteee'.... 

Ah, I understand your position better now. Out of interest how many foreign languages do you speak as well as Claude speaks English?

Guest Markyblue
15 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

We’re basically becoming the new Southampton.

Kante, Mahrez, and now Maguire.

Who’s next ? 

Really, Liverpool couldn't keep hold of their two best players when barca came calling are they the new Southampton. 

17 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Andy Carroll. Out of contract in the summer. We need somebody up front to give defenders a problem. I know he’s injury prone but with a bit better management he would be a great asset.

With our recent recruitment record, a gamble on Carroll would result in a reduction from 5 games a season for him to around 90 minutes. 

If you could get 20 games a season out of Carroll, he'd be an asset to most teams in the league, the problem is, you just don't.