Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

14 minutes ago, Xen said:

Welbeck available on a free in the summer, apparently. If his wage demands are reasonable he could be worth a punt; reckon we'd do a better job than Arsenal at keeping him free of injury. Might even be able to get him in Jan for a small fee.

He's missed 4 of every 10 Arsenal games through injury.

I think he's a decent player but that record makes Jack Wilshere look good.

Here is my 2 pence worth in what we will get in..

With Vardys Injury Record currently i think a new number 9 is inevitable. I hope its a real top class already firing striker though and not 'potential'. As like Steven Gerrard said recently what team in the world doesn't rely on their Number 9.

I think we also need a real attacking wide player with that bit of magic that we lack since the Mahrez departure.

With us in the mix for 6/7th i think the club may want to push on and show some real intent.

I dont think we need any defenders now Ricardo has settled a little and i think were covered in centre mid until summer.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

My favourite Danny Welbeck stat is that he’s scored 42 goals in the Premier League, while Vardy has scored 67. When Welbeck scored his first PL goal Vardy was in his second season Stocksbridge Park Steels. And still 5 years away from making his Premier League debut. 

Avoid like the plague. 

Fair enough, that's a hell of a stat haha.

I had a dig in the stats myself and Vardy has played ~12.3k minutes in the PL, averaging a goal every ~180 mins. Welbeck, on the other hand, has ~11k minutes, averaging a goal every ~270 mins (so about 1 in 3, which isn't a bad record at all). His record for England is about a goal every 2.5 games.

It'd hugely depend on keeping him fit, which has proven to be a difficult task for Arsenal and United, so I'm swaying more to 'don't sign' now, especially as he's only breached 2k minutes in a season once. Still, if our medical team take a look and are confident they can keep him fit he could be a decent asset at the right price.

We have wasted too many transfer windows  since our PL winning season. Nearly £300m spent! Yet only Maguire, Ndidi and Maddison (so far) can be considered as successes.

Plenty of deadwood still to offload in January if possible. Would be nice to add quality rather than quantity to the squad in Key positions.

We could easily ship 8 out (Benny, Simpson, Silva,James, , Diabate, Slimani Shinji to name a few and bring 5 in

RB, CM (creative) Winger and 2 ST (1 target man type) and another with pace.

We have to strengthen the team rather than the squad.

1 hour ago, Rigga said:

We have wasted too many transfer windows  since our PL winning season. Nearly £300m spent! Yet only Maguire, Ndidi and Maddison (so far) can be considered as successes.

Plenty of deadwood still to offload in January if possible. Would be nice to add quality rather than quantity to the squad in Key positions.

We could easily ship 8 out (Benny, Simpson, Silva,James, , Diabate, Slimani Shinji to name a few and bring 5 in

RB, CM (creative) Winger and 2 ST (1 target man type) and another with pace.

We have to strengthen the team rather than the squad.

It's going to be difficult to move some of the players whose contracts are expiring. I'm guessing that Leicester would let a few of them go for free. Finding a team that would take Slimani or Silva may be very difficult though.

if we dont bring a center forward and a class winger we will have no chance of finishing in the top eight. nacho, gray, and diabate, are well below premier league standard. really them 3 could not score at a hore house with a pocket full of money.

14 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

My favourite Danny Welbeck stat is that he’s scored 42 goals in the Premier League, while Vardy has scored 67. When Welbeck scored his first PL goal Vardy was in his second season Stocksbridge Park Steels. And still 5 years away from making his Premier League debut. 

Avoid like the plague. 

Hear hear!

No grossly overpaid prone to injury 'stars' please.

I think we should get someone experienced aged 26-28 from one of Europe's better leagues who could be an alternative to Nacho. A solid but not too expensive under 15-20 mil signing. I'd like us to sign someone of Alcacer's calibre but it's not realistic. Not in January surely. Just buy a strong working horse who would work for the team, know how to hold up the ball and make a successful pass once in a while and wasn't afraid to shoot. Just stay away from the Portuguese league this time maybe!

Ballotelli... Hasnt scored in Ligue 1 this season, he doesn't get a look in the mediocre Italy team. We don't need another lazy bench warmer. Besides, would his ego shrink to allow him to come here and play second fiddle to Vardy? I'd rather if we took a gamble on someone less known but with a strong work ethic (no idea who).

Edited by Chester Dontlie
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rigga said:

Ricardo? There are many transfers that may well be successes too. Evans looks like an excellent squad player, Benkovic looks like he will be quality. Soyuncu hasn't had a real opportunity yet but what we have seen seems class.

Leicester City reportedly take teenage striker on trial as Championship clubs circle

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-reportedly-take-teenage-2296715

Who is Ali Reghba? All you need to know about reported Leicester City transfer target

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-is-ali-regbha-transfer-2297303

23 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Avoid like the plague. 

ooo fvck

I would love to see Thorgan Hazard at the KP. He's had a great few seasons for Gladbach and Belgium. Could be tough luring him here as he would get a lot of attention considering his form. 

I think Ligue 1 would be a good hunting ground right now as there's lots of JV type players who are great prospects.

If we stay within a touching distance of 6th this transfer window could be on of the most important ones we've had. Need top quality to keep up in the race for 6th. Unlucky to not have atleast another win or two on top of our current results otherwise we'd weirdly be in the race for top 5, which you wouldn't think judging by some comments!