Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Helicopter crash

According to my friend (not sure how reliable the info he was told is - but he's a policeman and was on the scene last night) Official announcement will be made in 2-3 hours when Top arrives in the country. Supposedly 5 dead. But I don't know if that's everyone that was on board.

IF true, it's horrendous news for the families of those affected.

Edited by TiffToff88

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Barely slept a wink, didn't think something like this would hit me as much as it has.

I slept like a log ..  but hardly surprising with the amount of booze I’d tipped down my neck.   Took the dogs out first thing this morning  and was surprised that other people I normally catch sight of weren’t about ...    turns out their watches showed a different time to mine ...   :mellow:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It’ll help Lee. Work something in too, can you honestly think of a more inspiring businessman than our chairman? If I was those businesses I’d want to hear some of the leicester story as long as it fits into your talk well ?

Thankyou mate. I'm working it in there. 

Got to keep going havent we.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Get up on stage and tell them how you feel Lee. Show's you're human and have emotions like everyone else. Your audience will respect you more for it mate.

Thankyou mate. 

I've been reading about vichais life online this morning and I'm feeling a bit more inspired again. 

Life is short and we need to make the most of it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Parafox said:

I was on duty at the match today. It's taken me this long to post anything on FT. We'd just been stood down by the match control and we were had got as far as the queue of traffic toward the junction approaching Upperton Road when we heard a huge crashing sound. We looked back towards the sound and saw a huge ball of fire. We did our best to turn round in the queue but it was difficult. We managed to go back against the one way flow of traffic and get back to the car park area where we could see a burning mass. I didn't know what had happened at that point but it was a real mess of confusion and arm waving. We were pretty much first there. Massive heat, no way of getting close, horrible and frightening. I feel sick. I can't say much else because of EMAS restrictions around social media. I dread to think of those on board. Shocked and helpless... and that's just me. I've cried. :nono:

Edited by holyfox
It doesn’t let me submit a comment as it normally does. Was checking to see if I simply couldn’t see where it was typing my comment

Tragic news - my heart & tears go out to the family & friends of ALL those who were onboard the helicopter.  I was at the game yesterday & first heard the breaking news on the drive back to London & just couldn't believe it.  I feel like driving back up to the King Power to lay flowers/pay my respects but I know it won't change the devastating events of last night.  

I have to admit tears as I saw a copy of this season's first programme in my downstairs loo with a picture of a smiling Vichai on the front cover.  Having seen him walking amongst the fans at last season's West Ham away match, he was a small man in stature but in terms of what he's done for my club, my family (immediate & the wider Foxes fans), he was a giant amongst men.  His generosity in providing free drinks/food/scarves etc was fantastic.  His passion for the club not only through his investment but time can only be applauded.

I never knew the man but I feel as if I've lost a dear friend.  Again my sincere condolences for anyone close to their loved ones on board.  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Yeah. He could have put in 20% of what he did and he'd still be loved because of the way he put it in - focusing on the fans and the community: massive gestures like multi million donations to local hospitals down to small ones some of us hadn't even heard about, like leaving a bottle of whisky at the remembrance garden after each match. He is how every owner should conduct themselves, sheer class

14 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

:appl: Brilliant post.      To give us so much of his time was simply incredible.  Loved the man for what he did for LCFC and it's fans.   Fantastic humans are few and far between. It appears planet Earth lost someone very special last night.  Absolutely ripped up by this.

This man gave me 3 of the greatest nights of my life - May 2nd 2016, May 7th 2016 and March 14th 2017. Totally unexpected, unbridled ecstasy. Tears of unbelievable joy. The latter was the best birthday I’ll ever have. 

• Sad 1

Been down to the ground this morning, a strange eerie feeling.

Hope everyone gets down to the ground to pay their respects, after all, this man has given us some of the best days of our lives.

The least we can do is to show his family how much we appreciate everything he has done for us. 

We Are The Foxes Family. 

• Like 1