Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Helicopter crash

Well, the lad is chatting away happily and playing FIFA downstairs, but I need to go talk to him now before he sees the Sunday morning repeat of MOTD.  I only have to tell one 9 year old and that’s hard enough.  Massive respect to Ian Stringer, still at the stadium to keep us informed.

• Sad 2

Just now, HoustonFox said:

3am here and I still can’t sleep for thinking about this terrible tragedy. All I’m doing is constantly refreshing FoxesTalk and Twitter for some sort of update. Just feel so shocked

I hear you mate. It's just gone 1am here. Today has stretched on forever and sleep is not on the cards for a while yet.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think people are allowed to deal with news like this in their own ways. I appreciate the sentiment but you can't and shouldnt force grief.

We're all in this together but should be allowed to react and process it individually. 

Completely get that, people deal with things in their own way, however I just feel that any game or player related talk takes aways the magnitude and devastating nature of this subject. We owe our owners a huge debt and the focus should be at this time on them. 

I thought I was kind of dealing with this. Then a news report started on the radio (I've only been reading of it so far).... and the tears started. I feel almost ridiculous. I didn't think this would effect me in such a manner. It's so god damned difficult to know what to think or say. I can only begin to imagine what it feels like for those that have lost someone in this, whoever they may be. 

4 minutes ago, WilmslowFox said:

Well, the lad is chatting away happily and playing FIFA downstairs, but I need to go talk to him now before he sees the Sunday morning repeat of MOTD.  I only have to tell one 9 year old and that’s hard enough.  Massive respect to Ian Stringer, still at the stadium to keep us informed.

Know how you feel. I had to tell my 7 y/o as it started breaking as soon as we had walked in the front door.

Dinner last night was a very quiet affair.

Reading this thread makes you realise what they played a part in.

Part of me wishes LCFC would make some sort of statement to put all the rumours to bed.

4 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Completely get that, people deal with things in their own way, however I just feel that any game or player related talk takes aways the magnitude and devastating nature of this subject. We owe our owners a huge debt and the focus should be at this time on them. 

Not going to argue with you more than just to say let it go. I understand your view but people process in many different ways and have to be allowed to. You'll find most other threads are quiet anyway but if people need them to distract themselves then let it be. 

• Like 3