Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Helicopter crash

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I really don't want to be "that guy" but there are no survivors. There'll be no official announcement until the club or family are ready to make one and the police have confirmed what's gone on. 

But if you're using that to cling on to hope at this stage you're not helping yourself, it's just denial. 

As awful as it is, they're dead. 

Indeed. It's not Hollywood, nobody walks away from that. 

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Illusion35 said:

I witnessed the crash, was walking by the ground at the time. I know lots of other people saw the moment of the crash too but you’ve got me wondering if I should give a statement to anyone? Has anyone else who was there spoken to the police? 

Can't hurt.  Helicopter crashes are extremely rare.  Probably about 3 a year on average in the entire world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accidents_and_incidents_involving_helicopters

Just in case there was any foul play might be good to speak to them.  Any information may be useful to them.

Just now, bovril said:

Indeed. It's not Hollywood, nobody walks away from that. 

And if they had, the reporting would be much, much different. 

Plus there's quite a few on here who have family or friends in the emergency services and have had it confirmed quite clearly that five were on board and have died. 

This really, really is ****ing dreadful and I don't want to make anyone feel worse but I think at this stage, crossing your fingers and hoping for a miracle just isn't really healthy for yourselves or others. 

I'm not going to tell anyone how to process or grieve, you have to deal with you. But nobody has survived this crash that was on board that helicopter, if they had you'd know by now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

And if they had, the reporting would be much, much different. 

Plus there's quite a few on here who have family or friends in the emergency services and have had it confirmed quite clearly that five were on board and have died. 

This really, really is ****ing dreadful and I don't want to make anyone feel worse but I think at this stage, crossing your fingers and hoping for a miracle just isn't really healthy for yourselves or others. 

I'm not going to tell anyone how to process or grieve, you have to deal with you. But nobody has survived this crash that was on board that helicopter, if they had you'd know by now. 

disagree.  while it is unlikely that anyone survived. The helicopter didn't drop from a comparatively great height.  The explosion and flames would have been the bigger danger.  But the emergency services was already on hand due to the game, so the response time would have been at the absolute fastest possible.  Given that fast response time, it may be possible that someone was able to survive though in a critical but unpredictable condition and still fighting.

If you look at other similar cases with explosions and fires, some parish right away but others make it to the hospital and either survive or don't at the hospital.  So there is hope although probability wise it's very small.

5 minutes ago, Sharpe's Foxes said:

disagree.  while it is unlikely that anyone survived. The helicopter didn't drop from a comparatively great height.  The explosion and flames would have been the bigger danger.  But the emergency services was already on hand due to the game, so the response time would have been at the absolute fastest possible.  Given that fast response time, it may be possible that someone was able to survive though in a critical but unpredictable condition and still fighting.

If you look at other similar cases with explosions and fires, some parish right away but others make it to the hospital and either survive or don't at the hospital.  So there is hope although probability wise it's very small.

Love to be hopeful but let's be honest, the way that went up you're walking away from it. Sad as it may be when nothing is confirmed, it's time to grieve

In the pictures on Sky of the wreckage (posted in poor taste imo and i dont want to post it here for obvious reasons), the main body of the helicopter is blackened from the fire, but there is what looks like a door about 15 feet away, with no visible fire damage and still with perfect blue paintwork. Obviously its hugely unlikely but at least possible that it means someone got out in time?. Not even a Leicester fan but have been on the forum for hours, it's so desperately sad.

Edited by Mike20166
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Mr. Chairman, and friends. No words can put into context the sheer amount of grief we all feel at the moment, but I hope I speak on behalf of the Leicester people, not just fans to express how much both you, your family, friends and anyone else connected to the club whom have suffered such tragic losses mean to us all.

You came into our club in 2010, and our future was arguably bleak back then. Yet when you came you came with a smile, vision, determination, passion and taught us not to be afraid to dream. Moving forward to that incredible season that you gave us which reduced grown adults to tears, and created not only history for others to discuss, but precious memories which with stay with us forever. I don’t think it can be truly be put into words the full impact you’ve had on our club. The care and attention you’ve payed not just to football, but to the people of Leicester, donating money to local hospitals and hospices and always supporting local charities. 

A humble and honourable man, you and your family have always treated the club and it’s people with fairness and impartiality, a King by name and a king by nature.

Mr. Chairman, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha. You brought eternal happiness to a group of people who never thought achieving the ultimate dreams were possible, for that your memory will be eternally remembered, and as you captured the hearts of every football fan across the world, you did so every person too.

Mr. Chairman, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha... you are most importantly a son, a father and a friend, and it is at this most tragic time that our thoughts are with those who mean the most to you. 

To all those who were in the helicopter, my heart weeps for you, for those whom have lost family and friends, my thoughts are eternally with you.

No pun intended, that's a top post.