Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Burnley (home)

1 hour ago, TheMightySystem said:

To be fair I think Ghezzal will be better at number 10 than on the wing. He doesn't have the pace to beat his fullback but in the centre he can pick out passes and doesn't need to be as quick if his positioning is good.

He'll be on the wing and Gray central though I'd imagine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joachim1965 said:

I wouldn't want to be playing us today.

Possibly the best time to play us. Two of our best players out injured. A squad, part of which, has recently flown long distances. Emotional occasion and possibly not focussed. First 20 minutes will be key. Also I expect us to tire towards the end so subs will be important.

Really want a win today but this is going to be a highly charged day and won't be easy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, reynard said:

Possibly the best time to play us. Two of our best players out injured. A squad, part of which, has recently flown long distances. Emotional occasion and possibly not focussed. First 20 minutes will be key. Also I expect us to tire towards the end so subs will be important.

Really want a win today but this is going to be a highly charged day and won't be easy.

This is my take on it. The amount of emotional energy used up over the last week is going to make it very difficult for us to sustain a performance over 90 minutes I suspect.

I think we'll probably start quite fast for a change and I hope we can get our noses well in front during that period. I can see us tiring hugely in the 2nd half and facing an onslaught. 

Time will tell.

4 minutes ago, reynard said:

See where you are coming from and you could be right, but I have a feeling Burnley are in for a hiding today.

13 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

See where you are coming from and you could be right, but I have a feeling Burnley are in for a hiding today.

Thinking the same heart says 4-1 Leicester, Head thinking 1-1 either way once the lads get their heads in the game I’m sure they will beat Burnley !!

COME ON YOU BEAUTIFUL BLUE ARMY !!

??????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

To start off the emotional day, I just dropped the Mrs off at work and drove past the Stadium. Stopped at the traffic lights outside Blues Bar and When your smiling came on my Spotify.

Couldn't believe it.

Plus Michael Buble sang it yesterday on the Chris Evans show, (from 2:49:10)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000123c

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Not in the 25 man squad so can't be :(

Good eye. I guess somewhere deep in my mind I knew that, but didn’t pull it up. 

Oh well. Would only have been fitting to have him on the bench, seeing as he’s practically part of the furniture around the club!

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 1