Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Burnley (home)

On 2 November 2018 at 21:02, Livid said:

Quite like the lyrics to Days by The Kinks, Kirsty Maccoll amongst others.

Thank you for the days 
Those endless days, those sacred days you gave me 
I'm thinking of the days 
I won't forget a single day believe me

I bless the light 
I bless the light that lights on you believe me 
And though you're gone 
You're with me every single day believe me

Days I'll remember all my life 
Days when you can't see wrong from right 
You took my life 
But then I knew that very soon you'd leave me 
But it's alright 
Now I'm not frightened of this world believe me

Third verse might need a tweak. :dunno:

Maybe change the underlined bit to

'but broke my heart as all too soon you left me' 

4 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Won’t happen, but I’d go 3 at the back for this one:

Kasper

Soyuncu

Morgan

Evans

Ricardo

Iborra

Ndidi

Chilwell

Gray

Vardy

Nacho

The problem with that is, most. Epl sides and Burnley are like to put 1 striker with pair of winger. 

3 cb for 1 striker is too much. While nobody of them able to step up as midfielder. 

3cb for striker and winger will not so good as there are no additional men to cover the rest. 

13 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Based on Puels information today on injuries, I would go: 

Kasper

Ricardo    Morgan    Evans   Chilwell

Albrighton   Ndidi   Mendy    Gray

Okazaki 

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Soyuncu, Simpson, Iborra, Silva, Diabate, Iheanacho. 

Mine exactly too. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

The problem with that is, most. Epl sides and Burnley are like to put 1 striker with pair of winger. 

3 cb for 1 striker is too much. While nobody of them able to step up as midfielder. 

3cb for striker and winger will not so good as there are no additional men to cover the rest. 

Get what you’re saying, but don’t they usually go with 2 up or have I missed something? Vokes and Wood play together quite a lot I think.

But if they only play with 1 up then get what you’re saying and 4 atb would be the way to go.

33 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Get what you’re saying, but don’t they usually go with 2 up or have I missed something? Vokes and Wood play together quite a lot I think.

But if they only play with 1 up then get what you’re saying and 4 atb would be the way to go.

Their 2 up were simmilar with our 2 up during title win season. One keep drop very deep to almost the edge of the penalty box during defence. 

If this happen again during this game and we play with back 3,then we need more flexibility in the back, with at least 1 capable to step forward, preferably as midfielder since our wingback aren't get used to cut inside. 

57 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Forgot Maguire was out.  Quite interested to see how we do without him as thought we looked quite solid once he went off last week.  Going to be another hard, surreal, emotional game.  X

Seems like Morgan always plays well with someone experienced and telling him what to do next to him.. Just like Huth..Johnny Evans has huge experience and will organise the back line.

It would be nice for Maguire to really get this experience week in week out but when fully fit you cant budge Morgan out the team.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Morgan and Evans have looked decent together. Don't quote me on this at 5pm Saturday but for this particular game I don't think Maguire's a major loss. Maddison however probably is.

Evans looks so much more comfortable playing on the left, so I think that is a large part of it. I agree, more concerned by the Maddison news, but saying that Nacho and Vardy have arguably been more successful of late working together than Maddison and Vardy, so... 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Morgan and Evans have looked decent together. Don't quote me on this at 5pm Saturday but for this particular game I don't think Maguire's a major loss. Maddison however probably is.

Madders hasn't been great just lately though.. This could be a blessing in disguise?