Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Away Supporters Today

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think it deserves it's own thread.

I tip my hat off to every one of the away supporters today. You did us all proud! :appl:. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and emotions of a day where you guys and girls handled it perfectly.

I don’t envy Burnley. 

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think it deserves it's own thread.

I tip my hat off to every one of the away supporters today. You did us all proud! :appl:. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and emotions of a day where you guys and girls handled it perfectly.

Shame there’s only five minutes... where’s the rest!

12 minutes ago, Head Honcho said:

Singing "champions of England you'll never sing that" immediately after the minutes silence was without doubt the mongiest thing I've ever seen in my 50 years of watching city. The respect for the occasion shown by the Cardiff fans was amazing...well done to them. 

Its a really poor chant anyways, cutting about the country singing at teams that are amongst the best in the land. 

14 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Its a really poor chant anyways, cutting about the country singing at teams that are amongst the best in the land. 

Absolutely. This week has highlighted how our achievement has inspired other clubs and given hope to their fans. We shouldn't be getting all Billy big bollox about it. I think I'm right in saying that it was chanted when we played Liverpool. ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Head Honcho said:

Absolutely. This week has highlighted how our achievement has inspired other clubs and given hope to their fans. We shouldn't be getting all Billy big bollox about it. I think I'm right in saying that it was chanted when we played Liverpool. ?

The second most trophied club in the country...

There's so much more to be singing about most clubs too. I'm sure everyone we play is painfully aware how great our story was. 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

The second most trophied club in the country...

There's so much more to be singing about most clubs too. I'm sure everyone we play is painfully aware how great our story was. 

I'd agree with you both and join you on your high horse if we'd actually been singing 'you'll never sing that'. But we weren't.

• Like 3

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I'd agree with you both and join you on your high horse if we'd actually been singing 'you'll never sing that'. But we weren't.

Must be nice being so condescending. I think it's been long Acknowledged what was being sung and, as I'm not a ****ing moron, why it was being sung at Cardiff. 

But if you took a moment to read my posts, and the reply, you'll notice I refer to us going around the country singing about being champions. It isn't exactly a leap to infer that I'm talking about the original chant we've been flogging for two years. I didn't actually mention Cardiff at all. 

If you're going to be condescending it's probably best to do so coming from the position of understanding the conversation. 

7 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Must be nice being so condescending. I think it's been long Acknowledged what was being sung and, as I'm not a ****ing moron, why it was being sung at Cardiff. 

But if you took a moment to read my posts, and the reply, you'll notice I refer to us going around the country singing about being champions. It isn't exactly a leap to infer that I'm talking about the original chant we've been flogging for two years. I didn't actually mention Cardiff at all. 

If you're going to be condescending it's probably best to do so coming from the position of understanding the conversation. 

I'll ignore the irony, and just point out that this thread is called 'away supporters today', which is what was being discussed.

As I implied, I agree that the chant you're referring to is crass - but discussion of that has been done to death, and perhaps doesn't belong here. Your correspondent clearly thought otherwise about what we chanted after the minutes' silence yesterday, so I apologise to you for misreading what you said in the context of having read that.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Haha 2

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I'll ignore the irony, and just point out that this thread is called 'away supporters today', which is what was being discussed.

As I implied, I agree that the chant you're referring to is crass - but discussion of that has been done to death, and perhaps doesn't belong here.

Discussion drifts. We're not honour bound to discuss things ONLY in the context of today. Topics will occur that require and suggest discussion outside of the remit of this ninety minutes.