Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Players talking to BBC/Stringer - Its Time!

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Absolutely loved those interviews. I liked him before, I fell in love after lol

I don't really know too much about American Football (doesn't stop me from becoming a self-proclaimed expert on Super Bowl Sunday), but for a bloke that doesn't stand about as being massive (as in compared to other American Footballers) he is almost impossible to stop.

****ing impressive tbh.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't really know too much about American Football (doesn't stop me from becoming a self-proclaimed expert on Super Bowl Sunday), but for a bloke that doesn't stand about as being massive (as in compared to other American Footballers) he is almost impossible to stop.

****ing impressive tbh.

About six foot and fifteen stones so there's definitely bigger guys on the pitch but he's not exactly a midget haha. But yeah he's a truck. 

Edited by Finnegan

Just now, Finnegan said:

About six foot and fifteen stones so there's definitely bigger guys on the pitch but he's not exactly a midget haha. But yeah he's a truck. 

Yeah I just mean he walks straight through 7 foot, 20 stone men as if they're not there.

There is just something extremely irritating about Mr Stringer: Every now & then I'll listen to one of the RL podcasts on my phone - it normally takes about 30 seconds for him to make a juvenile comment - leaving me shouting abuse at the radio - sometimes switching off & sometimes persevering.

It would not surprise me if the players found him equally juvenile and irritating and regardless of contractual issues or apologies, they just can't be doing with the man.

In the old days, I paid LCFC.com to get the RL commentary, but stopped as I refused to pay for his commentary - I wonder how many others have been turned off either by him or by RL not having player interviews? But they have stuck with him for so long, I can't see them changing now and the impasse goes on...

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What's he done other than write a bunch of mushy platitudes that literally any other journalist would write?

Happy to put my hand up and admit I'm being a dick if I'm missing something but he's just been a reporter, no? Writing a couple of eulogies for the BBC website doesn't suddenly make him a hero of the city does it? 

No you are not being a dick. 

I am certainly not advocating he should now be awarded 'hero' status for his performance over the last 10-11 tragic days.  I am more taking the view, he screwed up before and may be it is time now for the Club to suggest to the players that they re-connect with RL (with Pipes?) in the interests of those listeners that rely on RL to glean news on our Club.    I am not fussed particularly as there is enough stuff on the net for exiles such as myself to consume, but many of our older supporters may not have access to this?  That's all I was eluding to.

Obviously a lot of people have other ideas and this is fine by me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

No you are not being a dick. 

I am certainly not advocating he should now be awarded 'hero' status for his performance over the last 10-11 tragic days.  I am more taking the view, he screwed up before and may be it is time now for the Club to suggest to the players that they re-connect with RL (with Pipes?) in the interests of those listeners that rely on RL to glean news on our Club.    I am not fussed particularly as there is enough stuff on the net for exiles such as myself to consume, but many of our older supporters may not have access to this?  That's all I was eluding to.

Obviously a lot of people have other ideas and this is fine by me.

Agree with you.  There'll never be a better time to bury the hatchet.

• Like 1

LCFC should arrange for Stringer to interview the whole team live on East Midlands Today, he'd love the opportunity.

Then they all parade past him, each making a throat-cutting gesture, live on air.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

The obvious solution is for somebody else to do the after-match interviews - the only problem being that RL would need another body as the presenter needs to continue from the stands and it doesn't seem like a job for Piper.

As a few have said, it seems like a good time for this to be put to bed, but you can't blame the club for continuing their stance.

Any other news group / broadcaster would realise the commercial value of interviews and the duty they, as a public broadcaster, have to broadcast great content to the public. Long ago they would have done the necessary and sent someone else to interview the manager and players. But we're talking about the sanctimonious and pompous BBC here. While the BBC dithers on this issue the club seems to be upping their game (in terms of their own match day broadcasts) and other broadcast formats (like vlogs) are coming to the fore, along with other news organisations. The way we consume football news is changing rapidly but the stuffed shirts at the BBC still think they are living in the 1950's. They are deluded.  

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It's a real shame it's panned out how it has. The players were first to make their feelings known and Pearson followed, not the other way around.

RL could've taken the sting out of the situation at the time but chose not to, I suspect because a) they thought Pearson would soon be sacked and b) the BBC has every right to say 'We won't be dictated to over who asks questions'

Regarding (b) they could've, in the short term, got someone else to ask questions. It would probably have all blown over but the Beeb's stance [from management] allowed things to escalate.

Sometimes you have to take a step back, a deep breath, temporarily go against your principles to play a longer, more strategic game. What it has proved is that RL management have shown incredible faith in Ian, incredible support for their man. They feel they have a massive asset to the station and you have to respect that. Ian has certainly been a massive asset to the station in the past week or so.

It's sad they missed out on player interviews during the great escape, the PL win, the CL run etc. However they can use player interviews from MOTD, Football Focus and 5 Live etc.

Basically, sack Ian, hire Geoff. 

#hesoneofourown #singswithiwanroberts

1 hour ago, safetosurfthisbeach said:

Any other news group / broadcaster would realise the commercial value of interviews and the duty they, as a public broadcaster, have to broadcast great content to the public. Long ago they would have done the necessary and sent someone else to interview the manager and players. But we're talking about the sanctimonious and pompous BBC here. While the BBC dithers on this issue the club seems to be upping their game (in terms of their own match day broadcasts) and other broadcast formats (like vlogs) are coming to the fore, along with other news organisations. The way we consume football news is changing rapidly but the stuffed shirts at the BBC still think they are living in the 1950's. They are deluded.  

Plenty of local media refuse to send other people if a club has an issue with one journalist in particular. It's not just a Beeb thing to back your own employees in a situation like that.

Glad to see that the majority can see just what a total ar**hole Stringer is...don't forget the fella's back story before he ended up on RL, and how on earth he kept/keeps that job I'll never know.

I stopped listening years ago, but of late have tuned in to hear some of the local reports...he is as bad as ever and so full of self importance, he is a poor journalist and seems to know bug**r all about football...how did he get the job!?

I also hate how he promotes himself as some sort of spokesman for the fans/club...he does it regularly, makes my blood boil

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hes(IS) better than he used to be for sure but that's still  nowhere near good enough.Not an easy skill radio but he just seems to get it slightly wrong and bring himself into the show at every chance .

Bit like Chris Evans on Radio 1 whos ratings have dropped away

6 hours ago, RoboFox said:

The club's official channels give you all the access you need to the players. Their coverage is relatively new, so they don't always get it right, but they're clearly angling for the the RL Sport matchday listener. That much was clear when they poached Elliott from them.

As it's an official channel, so you won't get them asking difficult or contentious questions. But then again you don't with RL.

I listen to the RL moan-in and the boot room whilst commuting. They're fine. Stringer et al get a load of stick on here, and I can understand why, but I tend to enjoy the listen between the occasional teeth-breaking cringe.

I don't, however think their coverage would be any better for access to the players. 

LCFC TV is terrible. Their attempt at a 'TV studio' looks like a converted stationary cupboard.

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Plenty of local media refuse to send other people if a club has an issue with one journalist in particular. It's not just a Beeb thing to back your own employees in a situation like that.

Yes let's back the employee over the innocent. The issues are stringers reporting and attitude. 

He ran with his own feelings not a true story. He did the throat slit gesture. 

Now the BBC can't get interviews from players because of Stringers attitude. 

Perhaps the BBC need reminding who pays his wage. 

But it seems endemic in the BBC like the other cvnt Dan roan both need fecking off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, foxile5 said:

People are feeling forgiving at this difficult time, which is commendable. 

However the players are right not to speak to him. He campaigned long and hard for Pearson to be removed - a lot of it sneaky. Seemed to have a vendetta against Vardy - without whom we would've been nowhere near the title. Added to that the throat slitting gesture. 

He's proven that, given half a chance, he will insert himself into a situation and try and effect on goings at our club to suit his own agenda. 

He is supposed to report impartially not try and generate stories through his own action. 

He's immoral in that respect and deserves to have the cold shoulder. 

I think he's done pretty well with his coverage in the last week but unfortunately, for me - the above is exactly why he shouldn't be given access again.

The above is unprofessional and the players / staff have enough pressure as it is without a journo trying to stir shit to boost his own career.

Edited by lifted*fox

Just now, lifted*fox said:

I think he's done pretty well with his coverage in the last week but unfortunately, for me - the above is exactly why he shouldn't be given access again.

The above is unprofessional and the players /staff have enough pressure as it is without a journo trying to stir shit to boost his own career.

I'm not trying to slur the man or insinuate that he isn't hurting. 

However, the role of a journalist is to report and not create. He's been trying his damndest to drum up stories by creating them himself. 

The witch hunt with NP was particularly unsavory. They're supposed to be the conduit between club and fan. He tries to make himself the sword of public opinion. 

• Like 2

Personally I cannot abide listening to Stringer.  I've never forgiven him for comments he made at the end of his match day report Christmas time 2014. We had just been beaten away by West Ham 2-0. He finished his report with the words

"That's it folks. There's no way back from this. It's all over. We're down.  Happy Christmas"

It was bad enough without that idiot rubbing our noses in it. 

Of course he was completely wrong because the Great Escape happened but it still grates on me when I think about it, even now.  

Given all that's happened it's unbelievable that he kept his job.  But I do love listening to Pipes though.  Love his Leicester accent!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, safetosurfthisbeach said:

They just use the interviews Leicester do with the national BBC coverage. Ie from 5live 

I have never really paid much attention to LCFC podcasts and don’t especially know much about Stringer until he started popping up in the last week. I got curious and googled if he was the nob that sang to his dad as he cried on the one post-title podcast I did listen to in a totally self-obsessed attempt at trying to be endearing. Reading all this other stuff has now confirmed the man is a proper twat and is also worthy of the title of ‘top cvnt’ to be bestowed. Long may the cold shoulder reign. 

• Like 1