Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Time for Puel to go

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I’m split in Puel now though... the run at the end of last season poor, terrible results against poor sides in the last few games... I’m still 65/35 on keeping him but I want to see how January goes. We lack a striker to help Vardy and the two of Mendy and Ndidi is very negative 

Surely u have seen enough..... i dont want puel to spend any money. .... lord know what his vision is. ...but i dont want to go there 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I’m split in Puel now though... the run at the end of last season poor, terrible results against poor sides in the last few games... I’m still 65/35 on keeping him but I want to see how January goes. We lack a striker to help Vardy and the two of Mendy and Ndidi is very negative 

I’m sorry but how can you be 65/35 keeping him? Were you the judge who scored the wilder  v Fury fight by any chance? lol 

• Haha 2

Just now, David Hankey said:

Is our problem with the manager or the players? You have to score goals to win matches and you can only do that with what is on the pitch. The simple fact is that we haven't got the talent, the match-winners or the players who can play with pizazz. It's easy to blame the manager but just look at the individual performances, far too many off days for whatever reason.

We seem to go behind quite often and only then do we play decent... not sure what the stats are but it wouldn’t surprise me if we had fallen behind first at least 70% of the time this season 

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Is our problem with the manager or the players? You have to score goals to win matches and you can only do that with what is on the pitch. The simple fact is that we haven't got the talent, the match-winners or the players who can play with pizazz. It's easy to blame the manager but just look at the individual performances, far too many off days for whatever reason.

Could that whatever reason be Claude Puel? 

3 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

We will have to get an exotic, pass pass pass manger like Mauricio Pellegrino then!

we will lose but he sounds good. Is that what you want?

No but in terms of what we could get:

1) play well, win

2) Play poorly, win

3) Play well, lose

4) play poorly, lose.

Appointing big Sam would be asking to sit permanently in category 4.

6 minutes ago, Steve Agnew said:

Negatives

- tactics that don’t maximise the talent in the team (Vardy)

- doesn’t know his strongest team 

- Spent more money than any previous manager

- no connection with the fans

- killed the atmosphere at the KP

- abject performances 

- going backwards, no evidence of improvement

- best squad outside the top six

- boring, boring and more boring

- reproducing his results at Southampton 

- his philosophy is unproven to work in PL

- odd substitutions

- demotivated the players

- rubbish results

- inflexibility, ideologically driven 

Positives

- he plays young players

- he had some historic success in France

- he won some games at he beginning of his tenure at LCFC

- excellent at downplaying and managing expectations - fans now accept failure as progress towards 

- lucky - gained many points this year despite poor performances

:appl:

3 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I’m sorry but how can you be 65/35 keeping him? Were you the judge who scored the wilder  v Fury fight by any chance? lol 

lol give you that, but I think he has done a decent steady job... not in danger of relegation... sometimes a manager does need time to put what he wants together. The results aren’t great but there are moments we do look good and with a couple of decent signings we can get better 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Compared to this time last year:

Four points worse off

Three places worse off

...bear in mind the really tough start we had.

Listen, i'm not sticking up for Shakespeare, Shakespeare had to go, it was awful football, we were trying not losing as opposed to trying to win and it was only going to end one way but in comparison to the Puel apologists Shakespeare can feel hard done by.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

I just think the title winning season has gone to people’s head. Give the guy a good chance, it isn’t easy changing the way we play to your liking. From not having the ball to trying to keep it, the right signings I can see us moving forward. At the moment we are a mid table team, people would have dreamt for that not long ago 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jonny_wright said:

With the run of fixtures we got and the way we are playing I can really see us being that team that gets sucked into the battle come late February 

This is silly, we will pick up 18 points without question .. under Puel we are safe, it is now the progress forward I’m looking for... he hasn’t been here long and getting rid now would be stupid giving we aren’t in danger.

• Like 2

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

People keep saying we're not playing to Vardy's strengths, but he has missed a lot of big chances this season. He's not finishing as well as he normally does, we should have beat Burnley, we should have drawn today

This exactly, Vardy is our best striker but not finishing like he normally does... too much faith in nacho desperate for a striker in jan

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I just think the title winning season has gone to people’s head. Give the guy a good chance, it isn’t easy changing the way we play to your liking. From not having the ball to trying to keep it, the right signings I can see us moving forward. At the moment we are a mid table team, people would have dreamt for that not long ago 

We are averaging less than 50% possession home and away week after week even though we are typically chasing games... We are not 'keeping the ball' - He has no plan B and his plan A is a blueprint of dog-shit. 

• Thanks 1

So so predictable that our only clear chance would come in the last 10 mins of the game. If I were Puel I wouldn’t admit to a gameplan, really is embarrassing that they plan all week for this kind of performance. If you’d have given the whole squad last week off, we would have put a better performance in. Seriously. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

This is silly, we will pick up 18 points without question .. under Puel we are safe, it is now the progress forward I’m looking for... he hasn’t been here long and getting rid now would be stupid giving we aren’t in danger.

The number of people who wrote a very similar thing when we got relegated under Holloway........

:thumbup:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

The number of people who wrote a very similar thing when we got relegated under Holloway........

:thumbup:

spot on Col...the key to everything, while a team is rebuilt, is survival. And they key to that is to take the points off teams lower than you - and we're not doing it

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Don't think we'll need 18 points to be honest.

Think Huddersfield and Fulham won't even reach 30 points.

Southampton might improve so it's that last place I'm not sure of.

Still think 35 points … only another 13 needed … should see you safe.

Just now, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Don't think we'll need 18 points to be honest.

Think Huddersfield and Fulham won't even reach 30 points.

Southampton might improve so it's that last place I'm not sure of.

Still think 35 points … only another 13 needed … should see you safe.

True, Puel I think deserves January to buy and then we will see how we are second half no need to press the panic button yet. Puel hasn’t been here long!