Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Time for Puel to go

4 minutes ago, midland_red said:

spot on Col...the key to everything, while a team is rebuilt, is survival. And they key to that is to take the points off teams lower than you - and we're not doing it

Eh? The key to survival is having more points than the team in 18th.

Currently we have 12 more, effectively 13 with goal difference.

We could be in for a disappointing season; 12th-15th maybe, but going down would require it going drastically wrong.

Edited by martyn

I have tried to see the positives for ages and called only last week to give him time. Today was the last straw. I just don't think he can turn this team around. We will miander to 40 points with this miserable style. I would rather risk relegation by changing again than watch this week after week. We have needed a dictator/disciplinarian type manager two managers ago. Puel seems too much of a pushover. We have some talented players. We need someone to get the best out of them now. 

I would take a punt on Wagner or Dyche. 

I've advocated keeping him primarily because a lot of the hate towards him seemed based on wanting him sacked last season and people's desperate need to say I told you so. Plenty of nonsense was/is spouted such as the supposed actual brilliance of our squad (it's bang average) the need to play exclusively on the counter but at the same time dominate teams, and the idea that we've regressed massively under him (I think we've been worse at times under all three of our previous prem managers). I also don't believe we have been as consistently bad as people make out which is somewhat backed up by our pretty much where we should be league position. 

However the stubbornness in his tactics and decisions (Endless utterly pointless high crosses, never having enough people in the opposition box, constantly picking the train wreck defensive partnership of Maguire and Morgan when possible and the fact we concede at either the start or end of the first half in almost every bloody game) leads me to now think that a change, particularly given the hefty percentage of fans who will just never back him, is probably needed. 

You then of course have the problem of replacing him. There's no obvious candidate. And I honestly believe that unless we go down the random foreigner route and get insanely lucky that things won't really improve much, certainly in terms of results and league position. In fact it's far more likely to get worse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Sack.

His record in the last 12 months is diabolical.

He's a clueless charisma vacuum who has sucked the life out of the team.

42 points in 37 games.

Sadly I agree

i feel no pride while he is manager

insipid and devoid of any spark

We need a change

Just now, Gazza M said:

I have tried to see the positives for ages and called only last week to give him time. Today was the last straw. I just don't think he can turn this team around. We will miander to 40 points with this miserable style. I would rather risk relegation by changing again than watch this week after week. We have needed a dictator/disciplinarian type manager two managers ago. Puel seems too much of a pushover. We have some talented players. We need someone to get the best out of them now. 

I would take a punt on Wagner or Dyche. 

Lol 

Puel makes them train too much and they dont like it

Puel is too stuck in his own ways using methods the players dont like

Puel is not enough of a disciplinarian

These players are much better than the results we're getting

Ndidi is shit, Mendy is shit, Albrighton is shit, Iheanacho is shit, Morgan is shit, Ghezzal is shit

All great points and add up to a complete comprehensive surety....sack the manager

Shrug

15 minutes ago, martyn said:

Eh? The key to survival is having more points than the team in 18th.

Currently we have 12 more, effectively 13 with goal difference.

We could be in for a disappointing season; 12th-15th maybe, but going down would require it going drastically wrong.

I don't disagree, but don't underestimate just how much can go wrong in half a season.

30 minutes ago, Frank large said:

Season ticket holder,I’ve stopped going to the games ,because it bores me shitless. Puel football is the same as his monotone drawl , i feel for the players,it’s must be like listening to the lonely bloke in the pub

Can I use your ticket for the Man City game? 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The number of people who wrote a very similar thing when we got relegated under Holloway........

:thumbup:

Indeed. Also it is irrelevant whether we are in danger of relegation this season. The point is we are going backwards and the longer we leave it the harder it will be for a new mananger to stop the rot. Whilst we still have some good players we should be making the most out of them. Not waiting for Claude to drive them all away or ruin them and then someone else is unfairly blamed for relegating us when Puel and Shakespeare have been the ones stagnating us. Sit still and you regress, and the time to act is before we press the panic button with the team in the bottom 3 because we let the team go slowly backwards. We already made that mistake when we gave Shakespeare the job full time.

Also be honest, is anyone even that bothered about being relegated at the moment? The club is merely exisiting rather than really living at the moment when every single game is dull and meaningless. This manager has driven me to apathy. Win lose or draw we are a pointless football team that isn't worth watching and this club should be delivering its fans some signs of ambition rather than telling them everything is great because we are in midtable whilst making no attempts to entertain at all.

I would have thought the footballing world and we especially had learned a lesson from 2015/16 - that it isn't enough for these managers to rock up, play negative football, get the team to perform marginally better than smaller clubs with poorer squads and pat themselves on the back whilst receiving a big fat paycheque. Managers like Puel, Allardyce & Pulis are the kind that tell you to accept your place and never dream of something better. They shouldn't be allowed to say that anymore after what we did - fans deserve more ambition than that for the prices they are paying. A managers job is to make the collective greater than the sum of it's parts, and we certainly aren't doing that.

First and foremost football needs to be enjoyable. The club is failing us massively in that department and I'm embarrassed for the people who accept that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

The though of sacking Puel is actually depressing because people expect this squad to stroll into top 7 with a decent manager. Its so deluded its sad

I want him out but this isn’t my expectation if he goes. I want to be entertained when I go to a football match as that’s why we all spend lots of money to go! 

A new manager is needed to give us a lift and hopefully some excitement in our play. It’s so boring to watch it’s unbelievable! 

Edited by Lesta2014

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

The though of sacking Puel is actually depressing because people expect this squad to stroll into top 7 with a decent manager. Its so deluded its sad

What we are doing and expecting is very different to what you have suggested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

If we sack him all we’re going to do is appoint someone who has been shit somewhere else. Do it properly, look ahead to the summer and approach someone who is doing well elsewhere and will want to progress or have a change. 

Break the Bank.. 

Do what's needed... 

Get Eddie Howe! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

True, Puel I think deserves January to buy and then we will see how we are second half no need to press the panic button yet. Puel hasn’t been here long! 

How long does a manager need before he is expected to decide on his best team and give the team some attacking purpose?

I don't get this rubbish about managers needing to buy a load of players to get the team to entertain let alone perform. Puel was provided with a good squad and if he had watched us at all over the previous 2 years he would also have seen the style of football that worked for those players. He has insisted on implementing his inferior style of football with players who aren't even suited to it. That is poor management.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If we sack him all we’re going to do is appoint someone who has been shit somewhere else. Do it properly, look ahead to the summer and approach someone who is doing well elsewhere and will want to progress or have a change. 

If we're willing to gamble away £10-20 million on players which we have been, we should do the same for a manager actually in work.

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Or bring back big Nige....! 

3rd time lucky. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Puel should have been relieved of duty in summer. There's a real danger the style of football will put off potential recruits over summer and allow existing players to have their heads turned. The style of football is counter to the prevailing premier League style of fast attacking pressing games which entertain and yield excitement. The manager needs to be replaced but only when a suitable candidate has been identified.

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'd agree with that, with the only exception being if there is someone that is good and that is available immediately. The only person I could see fitting that description is Jardim the ex-Monaco manager now that Southampton went for Hassenhutl.

I've been behind the manager this season (though I felt last season after the Palace away game he should go), but we are clearly regressing as a team. In fact I'd argue we are worse now than at the start of the season. Obviously I'd love for him to turn it around because there is a lot to like, such as playing young players but you can't really argue against the people that want him out. If you pay money every week to see performances like our most recent ones, you're going to be rightly upset.

9 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

That has nothing to do with it. But since you mention it there's no way this team should be finishing lower than 8th.