Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Time for Puel to go

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

I think we’ll see what Top thinks when it comes to jan spending. Does he back him and let him spend or does he leave it as we are until the summer. 

There may not be much free cash in the King Power empire this winter, until Vichai's affairs are sorted out. We also need to have a few departures to create space and opportunity. 

We do need another striker. 

• Like 1

The reason a lot of us are torn on the issue of puel as manager as there's things he does which are positive, and our league position atm is not terrible, but there's tell tell signs he's not going to make it here if he remains, the same debate we are having here can be seen when he was at Southampton, some of our key players don't want to be here, some of puels signings I can't see ever making it here either tbh

• Like 1

Even with better players we approach the Palace game very timidly, if we had a new £25m midfielder alongside Ndidi or Mendy and another new £25m winger instead of Albrighton or Gray we still play poorly in that game because we were so overly cautious. Our mentality is so wrong, more money spent and new players coming in doesn't change that. It's not sustainable to attack for 90 minutes but if we start brightly in the Palace game by taking more risks we at least get a shot on target in the first half. We have issues with chance creation and conversion and these seem to be getting worse every game. 

Can we be proactive and actually do the groundwork in getting a decent manager in rather sack the incumbent and then only decide we would approach one for once please.

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Is our problem with the manager or the players? You have to score goals to win matches and you can only do that with what is on the pitch. The simple fact is that we haven't got the talent, the match-winners or the players who can play with pizazz. It's easy to blame the manager but just look at the individual performances, far too many off days for whatever reason.

It's the manager. Palace proved today that without their main men Zaha and Tomkins and first choice goalkeeper that we were clueless

• Thanks 1

We need to be patient with, I generally believe with Puel in charge we can have a regular top 6 sure in four or five year. But before we get there we need to be a  competitive, positive and consistent.....which is what we are not at the moment.

I believe he he can deliver long term but I fear the pressure of results now will have the final say. 

If the club genuinely has a long term ambition of changing the style of play and bringing through a younger team we need to keep him.  It depends what his objectives are.  If that is the case he needs support and backing from the top and the "vision" needs spelling out to the fans and time frames talked about.  If we want to improve in the short term and get some "pashun" back then I can see the argument for getting rid.  I know I am always a positive twat of a poster but I do understand people's frustrations as we have not been performing brilliantly so I can stomach people asking for his removal if done with some decency. 

I do, however, think Puel is in a hard position  An ageing squad, lots of changes - the was tasked with steadying the ship (which he did), bringing through younger players (which he has) and changing the style (he is trying but not quite succeeding in the short term).  He has obviously found it difficult to do all this and "push for 6th".  Personally I think if we want a sustainable club with some kind of "vision" we should stick with him, back him publicly and realise that a young team, learning a new style will be inconsistent.

Having said all that, if people want to constructively talk about his flaws I am fine with that and I can see where they are coming from.  I just wish we all all do it with a little more tact and dignity (so much childish abuse and name calling).  Whether he succeeds or not he is trying and I never want to be the type of person who relishes or takes joy in a person losing their job (no matter how well paid they may be).  It is certainly the case that for some his face just not quite fit and he has received harsher criticism than deserved at times.

In Puel I trust (for now) but it aint gonna be a quick fix or a smooth ride.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 4

I like all of us are truly devastated by events that have recently happened at our football club with our Chairman and trying to put that to one side for a moment which is not easy to do, by in saying that our performances now are not to disimilar to what happened before the tragedy, not too much has changed on the pitch and I strongly believe that any football manager that was faced with dealing with events that unfolded would have done so in the most dignified and professional way. My point is that I do not believe that Puel should be afforded the season based on recent events and the club should act in the best interest of the football club based on what is happening on the pitch. I have no idea if this is something that the club have even considered but more of a general consensus of the fan base views on social media platforms and the radio.

We have won 4 PL games at home in the last 15 attempts, not good enough. 12 wins in the last 12 months. 

We have drawn with Brighton, Fulham, Burnley, West Ham & got spanked at Bournemouth & went down without a fight at Palace today, a team that had won 3 PL games in 16 before today & missing their main man Zaha. Add the Southampton CC tie into that, the performance was awful being sparred by a penalty shoot out passage to the next round. Performances in all of these games have been really poor.

Against Tottenham last weekend with a benched Kane and Eriksen was lacklustre, the atmosphere at the KP is not as vibrant as it once was and that is no fault of the supporters. The way Puel sets up and remains rigid sucks the life out of all.

Puel continues to change the team every week, does not know his best XI and sets up the same generally week in week out, has no plan B and often makes bizarre substitutions. Replacing Maddison for Ghezzal at half time today as really bizarre when he confirms Maddison was not injured. Although he should not be judged on his media interviews I struggle to make head nor tail on what he says each game and every interview is very similar and for that with his communication I would suggest it must be hard for the players to understand what he wants from them and to get his messages across.

I struggle to deliver the positives about what Puel brings to the party other than bringing youth through, but for me he relies to heavily on youth as the nucleus of the side, not getting the balance with some more experienced pro’s in the mix. Ndidi & Mendy are greatly individually but I have reservations that they are effective together week in week out for the good of the team.

I feel deeply for the fans who travelled to Palace today, these are regular performances these days and they are dire. Anyone can accept defeat but a passionate performance with ‘quality’ & ‘intensity’ & ‘excitement’ is what we need. I get every team will have off days but we have more than should be accepted.

I have witnessed on several occasions this season when players have gestured to the bench showing frustrations and appearing to actually say what are you actually wanting us to do. I don’t recall every seeing this before with an LCFC team in my 38 years as a supporter. Matt Piper described today on BBC Radio Leicester as their being a ‘disconnect’ and I concur. There is something not right and it needs fixing. Who knows if the players are not united with Puel, not playing for him etc.

I am hoping the next three games against Man City (twice) and Chelsea (A) don’t turn into routs because it could easily turn out that way.

Tonight at present we sit 12th in the table and I struggle to see us climb further up this month with teams below us starting to find some wins.

For me I think Puel will see out the season based on recent tragedies unless we fall into deep relegation struggles which I strongly disagree with, it’s a results business and it should be based on that alone. Had we been doing well in terms of performances, results etc before recent tragedies and we the dipped off in performances and results then it would be evident for all to see and I am sure the majority would cut them some slack and accept things whole heartedly.

For me this needs a quick decision, either the club come out again in support of him like they did at the end of last season and back him or they make a much needed change. Southampton fans warned us of similar failings at their club and they are playing out with us. I was really underwhelemed when he was appointed in the first place and never took to him but tried to back him when Khun Vichai came out in support of him last season but nothing has really changed since then since our season faded away towards the end of last season and we blew any European qualification hopes, this season on current evidence we will not get close.

Puel is not a manager to hold his cards close to his chest. When he says he is happy with his squad and has no plans to sign a striker in January and that the club will not be busy I believe him. He said they may sign someone if a ‘significant player’ leaves, that would be someone for me that plays every or most weeks, not a King who has not kicked a PL ball all season and not a Simpson, Silva or Iborra who get very limited game time. So I don’t believe we will see a new January arrival which massively worries me.

As to a new manager should he go, I honestly don’t know who I would go for but wouldn’t be adverse to the idea of Rodgers, Benitez, Howe or Conte for starters, if you think the latter would never come to us, then why not, we could match his package and ambitions I am sure.

Its firmly a Puel out for me and the sooner the better.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

That has nothing to do with it. But since you mention it there's no way this team should be finishing lower than 8th.

8th is the absolute best we can realistically expect. Especially as Vardy doesnt take his chances these days

Finishing 9th or 10th woud not on paper be a wild thing

I’ve been sticking up for Puel for yonks, and whilst the most veciforous of his critics are still idiots, I finally lost faith in him today. I’m freezing, wet through and watched the most pathetic 90 mins against a team that haven’t won without their star player in 2 years.

How ****ing predictable that Leicester City would roll up and end that embarrassing run for Palace. We offer absolutely nothing.

Unless he pulls off a miracle victory on tuesday, I can’t be arsed with him anymore. Get rid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, srbfox said:

We need to be patient with, I generally believe with Puel in charge we can have a regular top 6 sure in four or five year. But before we get there we need to be a  competitive, positive and consistent.....which is what we are not at the moment.

I believe he he can deliver long term but I fear the pressure of results now will have the final say. 

You need to wake up 

What’s not been touched in is if he’s lost the dressing room, rumours last year he had, if that’s the case there’s no way he can come back and turn it around.

i think he has lost it, it’s been 13-14 months of this football and we are regressing.

question is what will the owners do? We are a stick on to lose the next 3 including the cup game. Will they pull the trigger after that? Or is it worth doing it now?

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I’ve been sticking up for Puel for yonks, and whilst the most veciforous of his critics are still idiots, I finally lost faith in him today. I’m freezing, wet through and watched the most pathetic 90 mins against a team that haven’t won without their star player in 2 years.

How ****ing predictable that Leicester City would roll up and end that embarrassing run for Palace. We offer absolutely nothing.

Unless he pulls off a miracle victory on tuesday, I can’t be arsed with him anymore. Get rid. 

This has been the most annoying thing about people supporting Puel! When anybody has said they didn’t want him in they came out with abusive insults like “idiots” well at least we could see it wasn’t going to work in the first place! 

6 minutes ago, karl rudham said:

I like all of us are truly devastated by events that have recently happened at our football club with our Chairman and trying to put that to one side for a moment which is not easy to do, by in saying that our performances now are not to disimilar to what happened before the tragedy, not too much has changed on the pitch and I strongly believe that any football manager that was faced with dealing with events that unfolded would have done so in the most dignified and professional way. My point is that I do not believe that Puel should be afforded the season based on recent events and the club should act in the best interest of the football club based on what is happening on the pitch. I have no idea if this is something that the club have even considered but more of a general consensus of the fan base views on social media platforms and the radio.

We have won 4 PL games at home in the last 15 attempts, not good enough. 12 wins in the last 12 months. 

We have drawn with Brighton, Fulham, Burnley, West Ham & got spanked at Bournemouth & went down without a fight at Palace today, a team that had won 3 PL games in 16 before today & missing their main man Zaha. Add the Southampton CC tie into that, the performance was awful being sparred by a penalty shoot out passage to the next round. Performances in all of these games have been really poor.

Against Tottenham last weekend with a benched Kane and Eriksen was lacklustre, the atmosphere at the KP is not as vibrant as it once was and that is no fault of the supporters. The way Puel sets up and remains rigid sucks the life out of all.

Puel continues to change the team every week, does not know his best XI and sets up the same generally week in week out, has no plan B and often makes bizarre substitutions. Replacing Maddison for Ghezzal at half time today as really bizarre when he confirms Maddison was not injured. Although he should not be judged on his media interviews I struggle to make head nor tail on what he says each game and every interview is very similar and for that with his communication I would suggest it must be hard for the players to understand what he wants from them and to get his messages across.

I struggle to deliver the positives about what Puel brings to the party other than bringing youth through, but for me he relies to heavily on youth as the nucleus of the side, not getting the balance with some more experienced pro’s in the mix. Ndidi & Mendy are greatly individually but I have reservations that they are effective together week in week out for the good of the team.

I feel deeply for the fans who travelled to Palace today, these are regular performances these days and they are dire. Anyone can accept defeat but a passionate performance with ‘quality’ & ‘intensity’ & ‘excitement’ is what we need. I get every team will have off days but we have more than should be accepted.

I have witnessed on several occasions this season when players have gestured to the bench showing frustrations and appearing to actually say what are you actually wanting us to do. I don’t recall every seeing this before with an LCFC team in my 38 years as a supporter. Matt Piper described today on BBC Radio Leicester as their being a ‘disconnect’ and I concur. There is something not right and it needs fixing. Who knows if the players are not united with Puel, not playing for him etc.

I am hoping the next three games against Man City (twice) and Chelsea (A) don’t turn into routs because it could easily turn out that way.

Tonight at present we sit 12th in the table and I struggle to see us climb further up this month with teams below us starting to find some wins.

For me I think Puel will see out the season based on recent tragedies unless we fall into deep relegation struggles which I strongly disagree with, it’s a results business and it should be based on that alone. Had we been doing well in terms of performances, results etc before recent tragedies and we the dipped off in performances and results then it would be evident for all to see and I am sure the majority would cut them some slack and accept things whole heartedly.

For me this needs a quick decision, either the club come out again in support of him like they did at the end of last season and back him or they make a much needed change. Southampton fans warned us of similar failings at their club and they are playing out with us. I was really underwhelemed when he was appointed in the first place and never took to him but tried to back him when Khun Vichai came out in support of him last season but nothing has really changed since then since our season faded away towards the end of last season and we blew any European qualification hopes, this season on current evidence we will not get close.

Puel is not a manager to hold his cards close to his chest. When he says he is happy with his squad and has no plans to sign a striker in January and that the club will not be busy I believe him. He said they may sign someone if a ‘significant player’ leaves, that would be someone for me that plays every or most weeks, not a King who has not kicked a PL ball all season and not a Simpson, Silva or Iborra who get very limited game time. So I don’t believe we will see a new January arrival which massively worries me.

As to a new manager should he go, I honestly don’t know who I would go for but wouldn’t be adverse to the idea of Rodgers, Benitez, Howe or Conte for starters, if you think the latter would never come to us, then why not, we could match his package and ambitions I am sure.

:appl:

7 minutes ago, karl rudham said:

Brilliant post ??

He's been on borrowed time for months. He should have gone after Palace beat us at their place last season but we have now got to put sentimentality aside and do the right thing and sack him.

Top, please go and get us a manager capable of making these players fulfil their potential.