Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Time for Puel to go

1 minute ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Wilf offers no goal threat .

However I do concede he offers a threat to the supporters sitting behind the goal 

when he tries another ridiculous shot .. must be a bit scary being an opposition supporter facing him.

Wilf D’s on fire your row z is terrified.

Edited by Costock_Fox

40 minutes ago, bfox said:

I just can't see Puel being a success. He's done a couple of good things, namely with chillwell/gray/maddison. Other than that, he's had a good amount of time to show where this team is heading and I see nothing. Just lower table mediocrity.

Let's be honest any other manger with half a brain would have done the same with the younger players coming through, it's the man management, inconsistent team selections and tatics that are costing us.

We have lost a few key players but still have a good squad that should be doing alot better.

Obviously a couple of additions wouldn't go a miss but we do have options we are just clueless though and that stems from the manager

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Fixed it for you.

But seriously i'd very much doubt Martinez, Rodgers, Wenger or Southgate would come here. 

And the only one i would actually not be too dissapointed with is Rafa, who isnt budging from Newcastle until his contract expires. And if its an excitement factor you want to replace Puel with then Rafa would perhaps not be your man. 

I agree about the other 3 but I think Rodgers might Suzie, I'm far from his biggest advocate but I think he'd see it as a good opportunity.

I wanted a good performance today but sadly, it wasn't there. I can totally understand the swell in opinion towards Puel out. I still think I have legitimate reasons for continuing with Puel but it's becoming harder to back that opinion up with each passing week.

• Like 2

Didn't think I would say it as I have called those that wanted him gone months ago but he has to go now, another gutless performance. 

Far to many average players who would struggle in the championship. The board need to act and move him out but they also must invest in quality if they do not then we will be dragged into relegation.

I don’t think we were far from getting rid towards the end of last season, I support Puel but even my patience is wearing thin. The last few games have been terrible. The fact we fall a goal down nearly every game and continue the same tactic of working it wide and crossing high continuously with no big man is starting to make me question him. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can’t see any change until the summer ...........

unless we keep dropping down the table. The minimum requirement on any LCFC manager is that we do not go down. But the way to ensure that is to take maximum point off the teams below you, and we aren't doing that

Rafa is the best option for me, His football may not be the most inspiring but he is certainly a better man Manager than Puel imo, you don’t manage Liverpool, Chelsea, Real Madrid etc if you’re shit.

He is a step up on Puel imo.

Just now, Max Wall said:

I agree about the other 3 but I think Rodgers might Suzie, I'm far from his biggest advocate but I think he'd see it as a good opportunity.

I wanted a good performance today but sadly, it wasn't there. I can totally understand the swell in opinion towards Puel out. I still think I have legitimate reasons for continuing with Puel but it's becoming harder to back that opinion up with each passing week.

Im 100% with you on this and can see why many many posters want him out. But for me the game was no where near as bad as some make out. It wasnt good and in parts with the missed passes & lack of creativity i was cringing. So i do get it!

I guess i just have more patience now than i did when i was younger and would still prefer to give him more time. How much longer we shall see.

• Like 2

Negatives

- tactics that don’t maximise the talent in the team (Vardy)

- doesn’t know his strongest team 

- Spent more money than any previous manager

- no connection with the fans

- killed the atmosphere at the KP

- abject performances 

- going backwards, no evidence of improvement

- best squad outside the top six

- boring, boring and more boring

- reproducing his results at Southampton 

- his philosophy is unproven to work in PL

- odd substitutions

- demotivated the players

- rubbish results

- inflexibility, ideologically driven 

Positives

- he plays young players

- he had some historic success in France

- he won some games at he beginning of his tenure at LCFC

- excellent at downplaying and managing expectations - fans now accept failure as progress towards 

- lucky - gained many points this year despite poor performances

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frany104 said:

Brendan Rodgers for me. If that’s not realistic I would be happy with Jardim who is out of work.

Those are the two I’d look at too if Puel went. Both play good stuff and have a decent record with youth. To be honest how Jardim got sacked I do not know, beating PSG to the title with Monaco plus a UCL semi final was phenomenal. 

Just now, The Doctor said:

All the more reason not to get on the merry-go-round of shit Brits like Sam, Pardew, Hughes, Moyes, Pulis...

We will have to get an exotic, pass pass pass manger like Mauricio Pellegrino then!

we will lose but he sounds good. Is that what you want?

Just now, Tuna said:

8th place and a cup final :whistle:

I’m split in Puel now though... the run at the end of last season poor, terrible results against poor sides in the last few games... I’m still 65/35 on keeping him but I want to see how January goes. We lack a striker to help Vardy and the two of Mendy and Ndidi is very negative 

Is our problem with the manager or the players? You have to score goals to win matches and you can only do that with what is on the pitch. The simple fact is that we haven't got the talent, the match-winners or the players who can play with pizazz. It's easy to blame the manager but just look at the individual performances, far too many off days for whatever reason.

• Like 1