Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Time for Puel to go

14 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

This has been the most annoying thing about people supporting Puel! When anybody has said they didn’t want him in they came out with abusive insults like “idiots” well at least we could see it wasn’t going to work in the first place! 

I agree, only idiots could not see this coming a long while ago!

22 minutes ago, karl rudham said:

I like all of us are truly devastated by events that have recently happened at our football club with our Chairman and trying to put that to one side for a moment which is not easy to do, by in saying that our performances now are not to disimilar to what happened before the tragedy, not too much has changed on the pitch and I strongly believe that any football manager that was faced with dealing with events that unfolded would have done so in the most dignified and professional way. My point is that I do not believe that Puel should be afforded the season based on recent events and the club should act in the best interest of the football club based on what is happening on the pitch. I have no idea if this is something that the club have even considered but more of a general consensus of the fan base views on social media platforms and the radio.

We have won 4 PL games at home in the last 15 attempts, not good enough. 12 wins in the last 12 months. 

We have drawn with Brighton, Fulham, Burnley, West Ham & got spanked at Bournemouth & went down without a fight at Palace today, a team that had won 3 PL games in 16 before today & missing their main man Zaha. Add the Southampton CC tie into that, the performance was awful being sparred by a penalty shoot out passage to the next round. Performances in all of these games have been really poor.

Against Tottenham last weekend with a benched Kane and Eriksen was lacklustre, the atmosphere at the KP is not as vibrant as it once was and that is no fault of the supporters. The way Puel sets up and remains rigid sucks the life out of all.

Puel continues to change the team every week, does not know his best XI and sets up the same generally week in week out, has no plan B and often makes bizarre substitutions. Replacing Maddison for Ghezzal at half time today as really bizarre when he confirms Maddison was not injured. Although he should not be judged on his media interviews I struggle to make head nor tail on what he says each game and every interview is very similar and for that with his communication I would suggest it must be hard for the players to understand what he wants from them and to get his messages across.

I struggle to deliver the positives about what Puel brings to the party other than bringing youth through, but for me he relies to heavily on youth as the nucleus of the side, not getting the balance with some more experienced pro’s in the mix. Ndidi & Mendy are greatly individually but I have reservations that they are effective together week in week out for the good of the team.

I feel deeply for the fans who travelled to Palace today, these are regular performances these days and they are dire. Anyone can accept defeat but a passionate performance with ‘quality’ & ‘intensity’ & ‘excitement’ is what we need. I get every team will have off days but we have more than should be accepted.

I have witnessed on several occasions this season when players have gestured to the bench showing frustrations and appearing to actually say what are you actually wanting us to do. I don’t recall every seeing this before with an LCFC team in my 38 years as a supporter. Matt Piper described today on BBC Radio Leicester as their being a ‘disconnect’ and I concur. There is something not right and it needs fixing. Who knows if the players are not united with Puel, not playing for him etc.

I am hoping the next three games against Man City (twice) and Chelsea (A) don’t turn into routs because it could easily turn out that way.

Tonight at present we sit 12th in the table and I struggle to see us climb further up this month with teams below us starting to find some wins.

For me I think Puel will see out the season based on recent tragedies unless we fall into deep relegation struggles which I strongly disagree with, it’s a results business and it should be based on that alone. Had we been doing well in terms of performances, results etc before recent tragedies and we the dipped off in performances and results then it would be evident for all to see and I am sure the majority would cut them some slack and accept things whole heartedly.

For me this needs a quick decision, either the club come out again in support of him like they did at the end of last season and back him or they make a much needed change. Southampton fans warned us of similar failings at their club and they are playing out with us. I was really underwhelemed when he was appointed in the first place and never took to him but tried to back him when Khun Vichai came out in support of him last season but nothing has really changed since then since our season faded away towards the end of last season and we blew any European qualification hopes, this season on current evidence we will not get close.

Puel is not a manager to hold his cards close to his chest. When he says he is happy with his squad and has no plans to sign a striker in January and that the club will not be busy I believe him. He said they may sign someone if a ‘significant player’ leaves, that would be someone for me that plays every or most weeks, not a King who has not kicked a PL ball all season and not a Simpson, Silva or Iborra who get very limited game time. So I don’t believe we will see a new January arrival which massively worries me.

As to a new manager should he go, I honestly don’t know who I would go for but wouldn’t be adverse to the idea of Rodgers, Benitez, Howe or Conte for starters, if you think the latter would never come to us, then why not, we could match his package and ambitions I am sure.

Its firmly a Puel out for me and the sooner the better.

In my opinion this is an excellent post that sums things up perfecly for me.

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Bullshit. We have good players, the problem is the useless manager. OP is right, Puel is not building anything and hope he has his P45 in time for Christmas.

I have a feeling you may be right if things don’t turn around ASAP especially if we get trounced on Tuesday !!

We've watched the highs and lows over the last few seasons and we're now obviously and quite definitely in yet another down.

As much as I wanted CP to succeed because I want my team to be successful,  I can't actually imagine him giving confidence and inspiration. We've got players who can play, as well as others who've come in on inflated prices and can't cut the mustard. But at the end of the day the players have to perform as though they believe and at the moment there's no belief. Nigel had it - even in the great escape season I always felt we were in games with some sort of chance. Claudio had it. But I'm afraid that Claude Puel doesn't have that ability to inspire the players to greater things. And so it leaves me with the conclusion that Claude has to go in order for us to begin to move forward once more towards Vichai's vision.

39 minutes ago, srbfox said:

We need to be patient with, I generally believe with Puel in charge we can have a regular top 6 sure in four or five year. But before we get there we need to be a  competitive, positive and consistent.....which is what we are not at the moment.

I believe he he can deliver long term but I fear the pressure of results now will have the final say. 

What is it that makes you think that? Not having a go, just interested as the only positives I can see is he gives young players a chance and rotates (if not a little too often)

It's a ****ing shambles 

It was a shit appointment that was never going to work out any different to how it's worked out. 

Our incredible owners have made some cracking decisions and ultimately are rarely wrong.....but this was a proper cock up appointment from the off. 

Get him gone

I've not wanted a manager out so badly in bloody years. I just don't get it, I don't see it, I don't understand it, just pisses me right off......if you hadn't guessed

Edited by koop.
  • Like 2

Anyone still supporting Puel must be listening to radio commentaries.. Same as at Fulham. Fans brilliant and really up for it then the game starts and it's the bore fest revisited.. Detected a lot of brewing animosity today against the manager. 

Next 3 games on paper you would say we will lose(2 against Man City,1 against Chelsea)on the back of 2 defeats in which we was poor,would suggest puel will do well to last the year,

whats funny is we’re having a poor season,Everton relatively good,yet we’re only 2 points behind them,

its wheather your cups half full or empty??

mine is fast becoming empty,

and to make it worse it’s the next generation of fans I feel sorry for,

im buzzing all week for the next game then when it comes I’m bored shitless,

yet ask my kids if they’re enjoying and although they say yes I know there more bored than me

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

People thought we would improve when ranieri and shakespeare were sacked. Yet here we are, same problems. Same people want a new manager to begin the whole process again. I wonder if we would get a hoofing coach or another passing one, and how long they will last? 

Actually I wanted Ranieri to stay and for Shakespeare to be given a bit more time. So It's not all the same old faces.

• Like 1

I would keep him until the end of the season as I see no danger of relegation as of yet.

However it is frustrating ATM because I know we are much better than current showing with the current squad we have and I think Puel is not applying the right tactics..

If he cannot sort his tactics out and improve performance by the end of the season, then I want the change of the manager as there should be better options at that time..

2 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I have never known any of our managers be so disconnected from the fans. Very rarely mentions us, not often applauds. In return gets nothing back. We have always sang the managers name at some point. Not Puel. 

I haven't been to an away game under Puel but most home matches and he applauds the crowd.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Not really since he's been consistently the weak link in the defence. 

Really? I think he's been good, defence as a unit always looks better when he plays. Need an organiser in there, Morgan and Maguire are headless chickens together.

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Agnew said:

Reading this forum you would think that Puel is the only manager on the planet who is able to select young players. Just for awareness- he isn’t. Others can do it too.

You would also think that he is the only man on the planet who can coach a team to pass the ball.

I have no idea why so many are putting their faith in him. Where is he evidence? What has he achieved on the Premier League? Or his career for that matter?

Why back this particular manager!

I am dumbfounded that he has so much support despite the clear evidence to the contrary. Anybody who watches the games and enjoys it must be a masochist.

Forget the personality complaints, he just hasn’t delivered in almost 3 years in the Premier League at 2 clubs.

Evidence says he will never work out here.

He won the French League circa 1999 apart from that diddly squat, honest to God there are better managers than him.

Just now, Ted Maul said:

Really? I think he's been good, defence as a unit always looks better when he plays. Need an organiser in there, Morgan and Maguire are headless chickens together.

He gets sucked in and spun too easily which has cost several goals (all three Vs Arsenal came from his poor positioning allowing them in behind)   his marking is shoddy (for me he should be picking up Alli last weekend) and he regularly just hoofs it into the air when there's a simple five yard pass on. I've not come away from a single game where he's played thinking "he looks an alright signing"

He reminds me of Nils-Eric Johansson, but at least NEJ never claimed to be good or to have had the best sides after him. 

• Like 1