Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Chelsea (a) Pre-match thread 22nd December

18 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Soyuncu - Maguire - Fuchs

Ndidi

Choudhury - Maddison

Gray - Vardy - Albrighton

Assuming Chilwell's still out that is, although in fairness Fuchs has done well in the games he's come in.

Interesting line up and mirrors what I would like to see, would maybe consider swapping Iborra in for Ndidi though.

Ultimately I think Morgan will come back into the fold though and that Puel will persist with Mendy and Ndidi... you never know though

Edited by oadby.fox

Negative side of me is thinking after the changes Puel made against Man City and that some players need to take a good look at their own under par performances and wonder why we lost and then the diabolical penalties taken then were in for a hiding !!

Positive side is thinking we can overcome this loss and put in a great performance and bring home the 3 points, surely things can get better and we can put in a decent display against Chelski can’t we ??

????

45 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

City away at Chelsea  -  God help us!!

We bossed the fixture last season by pressing them high ......given the fixture congestion, we won’t play that style on Saturday ......although I would play different players Saturday and Tuesday and do exactly that - press them in their own half 

Just now, H.a.r.r.y said:

why not play him? Ndidi looks about as useful as a chocolate teapot 

I was referring to the 'know we are going to lose' part, not the 'play Hamza' part Harry. 

Ok, I'm not rushing out to out a wedge on an away win but your comment was as defeatist as it gets tbh.

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

I was referring to the 'know we are going to lose' part, not the 'play Hamza' part Harry. 

Ok, I'm not rushing out to out a wedge on an away win but your comment was as defeatist as it gets tbh.

i get what you mean, but it's hard to be optimistic away at Chelsea with our current form. I'd love for us to shock them but it isn't looking bright

4 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

i get what you mean, but it's hard to be optimistic away at Chelsea with our current form. I'd love for us to shock them but it isn't looking bright

I know. I can't argue against that. We have been very hit and miss, lets hope this one is a hit :thumbup:

Chelsea have recovered well after that defeat by Wolves and anything other than a defeat would be a surprise right enough. You never know though.

Edited by Max Wall

there are no guarantees with Puels  team line up. Saw a stat that says we’ve made second most changes in the league so far with Man U and Fulham are top of that table. Look how well they are both doing ;and both have sacked their managers this season! 

One Puel crazy trait is that a player does well when introduced e.g Hamza and then they’re immediately dropped. What do you think this does for confidence and continuity?

Im not predicting a line up cos there’ll be at least 4 changes from Palace game and we will all say Oh I didn’t see that coming ?

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

there are no guarantees with Puels  team line up. Saw a stat that says we’ve made second most changes in the league so far with Man U and Fulham are top of that table. Look how well they are both doing ;and both have sacked their managers this season! 

One Puel crazy trait is that a player does well when introduced e.g Hamza and then they’re immediately dropped. What do you think this does for confidence and continuity?

Im not predicting a line up cos there’ll be at least 4 changes from Palace game and we will all say Oh I didn’t see that coming ?

Who is 3rd and 4th in that table out of interest?

14 hours ago, Peckfortonfox said:

2-0 Chelsea 

alonso from 30 yards on 45+1 minute

hazard on 51 mins

If  that's your prediction, I think you've narrowly got it wrong. It ended 1-0 didn't it?

What's going on on here tonight?

Edit - nice way to make a tit of myself, thought it was the cup thread lol  Apologies @Peckfortonfox

Edited by Max Wall

Not too long ago I thought we could beat anyone and was optimistic prior to any match. Nowadays not so much - we seem to have surrendered before starting - so the lambs to the slaughter - 4-0 loss I´m afraid - but please please prove me wrong.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Not too long ago I thought we could beat anyone and was optimistic prior to any match. Nowadays not so much - we seem to have surrendered before starting - so the lambs to the slaughter - 4-0 loss I´m afraid - but please please prove me wrong.

Yes I remember those days ... just. Imagine how Yanited fans must feel after all those years of success ? 

A combination of losing some of our best players, poor recruitment and the fact that 'bigger' teams spent even more millions were the cause I suppose.

But ... it's a time for optimism, we've got some great young lads coming through and we're on our way back with a stronger, fitter more sustainable model of team building ... albeit very slowly.

How's that for blind optimism, happy Christmas! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

it has been a trend of his and can't imagine it will do the players/team harmony any good.

I get we do have a lot of options and potential within the team but if they aren't playing together regularly enough then it's going to case us problems in games as we have seen.