Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Chelsea (a) Pre-match thread 22nd December

22 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Spot on, we expect nothing with these current tactics and line ups etc

Puel needs to alter his game plan 

have a go at teams, stop playing for a 0-0 or 1-1 draw and losing anyway. It’s far too predictable 

I agree mate.

Where we stand at the moment is we are going into games just not expecting to win them, or at least, not lose.

There’s just about zero excitement and/or expectation that we are going to go through this next run of games and pick up any points at all really.

Compare that to the feeling we all had, not only under Ranieri and the run we went on, but also during Pearson’s final 7 games where we actually believed we were going to win, more so the longer the run went on.

There’s so little belief at the moment. We go into most games thinking we will set up defensively, won’t have many shots and might sneak a draw if we are lucky.

• Like 1

I think if Hazard plays as the false 9 it would be interesting to just plonk Choudhury on him the whole game and see how it goes. If he stifles Hazard well enough, and I think he could, they would have little to no creative outlet. If we press Jorginho well enough too, Sarri's system comes apart. I really think we could get something from this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Why are people Vardy playing as a lone striker? Is Puel really rubbing off that much? It's been more then evident all season that it doesn't work. 

It's mainly because most of us are only confident in one of our strikers I think.

18 hours ago, st albans fox said:

We bossed the fixture last season by pressing them high ......given the fixture congestion, we won’t play that style on Saturday ......although I would play different players Saturday and Tuesday and do exactly that - press them in their own half 

What we did last season means nothing, it's history. Just as the 2015/16 season

5 minutes ago, Attywolf said:

Ndidi looks like he won't play due to his knee with chilwell available for selection 

In that case I doubt we will play a middle three again, so it will most probably be:

Kasper

Ric Morgan Maguire Chilwell

Mendy Iborra

Albrighton Maddison Gray

Vardy

5 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Why are people Vardy playing as a lone striker? Is Puel really rubbing off that much? It's been more then evident all season that it doesn't work. 

because that'#s how we have almost always used him, even Shinji didn't play upfront in a 2 with Vardy

Was looking forward to this, until the cheeky sod cancelled my parking which means it's cost more and i've got walk 2 miles to the ground. Still at least there'll be more pubs on the way. Hopefully we may have a bit of new found vigour after the man city game.

Kasper

Ricardo Morgan Evans Chilwell

Mendy Choudary

Albrighton                      Gray 

Maddison

Vardy 

As much as we need two strikers playing together up top Chelsea is not the game

• Like 1