Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Chelsea (a) Pre-match thread 22nd December

I thought we'd go three in midfield and, even with Ndidi out, we could do worse than playing Hamza but I don't think Puel will play him away at Chelsea. Fuchs has been decent but I expect Chilwell to go back in should he be fit enough. I don't think getting anything out of this is impossible but we'll need the entire at their best and to play with the fight they showed in the second half on Tuesday from the first whistle for the full 90.

Schmeichel

Ricardo       Morgan        Maguire     Chilwell

Mendy        Iborra

Albrighton         Maddison              Gray

Vardy

3 hours ago, kyleolly said:

8B4A3344-BF30-4C51-A50B-8B04BA78744C.jpeg

I'd stick Madders on the left and have Ghezzal on the right - see how he does in that position - (he didn't look bad replacing Madders before, and better than he does on the wing IMO.)  But we all know 3atb isn't happening (without Amartey at least) :(

5 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

I'd stick Madders on the left and have Ghezzal on the right - see how he does in that position - (he didn't look bad replacing Madders before, and better than he does on the wing IMO.)  But we all know 3atb isn't happening (without Amartey at least) :(

If we did play 3 at the back using those 3, we might win a 'walking' football match with Chelsea. I can see Hazard having fun tomorrow.

We kept Hazard quiet with Ndidi last season and now we have to deal with Hazard, Jorginho and an attacking Kante and this time without Ndidi. Not too optimistic. I look forward to some more essays in the puel out thread when he plays simpson or doesn't start maddison.

Schmeichel

ricardo morgan Maguire chilwell

gray mendy hamza albrighton

Shinji   

Vardy

Nulify them for the first half, okazaki chasing them down like a wild haeyna disrupting their flow maybe get one decent chance for Vardy, Maddison on at 60 to give us some spark once we’ve finally realised we need to start playing.

Schmeichel

Ricardo Maguire  Evans  Chilwell

Iborra

Choudhury  Mendy

Maddison                     Gray

Vardy

Slightly odd midfield, but I like Iborra dropping deep to be the link between defence & midfield when we've got the ball & I feel like we always leave too much space there when we don't have the ball usually, so he should plug that gap. It should also enable the other 2 to press a bit higher.

13 hours ago, kyleolly said:

8B4A3344-BF30-4C51-A50B-8B04BA78744C.jpeg

Would be interested to see how this would fair, I would probably instruct Choudary to not go too far forward in this case, and Mendy to stay alert defensively and cover Ricardos space behind. And Gray for Silva perhaps.

Edited by bfox

17 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

I thought we'd go three in midfield and, even with Ndidi out, we could do worse than playing Hamza but I don't think Puel will play him away at Chelsea. Fuchs has been decent but I expect Chilwell to go back in should he be fit enough. I don't think getting anything out of this is impossible but we'll need the entire at their best and to play with the fight they showed in the second half on Tuesday from the first whistle for the full 90.

Schmeichel

Ricardo       Morgan        Maguire     Chilwell

Mendy        Iborra

Albrighton         Maddison              Gray

Vardy

Like the look of that with the exception of Iborra. Against a pacy midfield like Man City it showed up his inability to track runners and play to the pace of the game often just dangling a leg out embarrassingly. Against Hazard and Kante I'd fear more of the same and think even Choudhury would give more.

3 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo Maguire  Evans  Chilwell

Iborra

Choudhury  Mendy

Maddison                     Gray

Vardy

Slightly odd midfield, but I like Iborra dropping deep to be the link between defence & midfield when we've got the ball & I feel like we always leave too much space there when we don't have the ball usually, so he should plug that gap. It should also enable the other 2 to press a bit higher.

Hamza looks like he'd better suit Iborra's position. He seems a better tackler and faster.

Kasper 

Maguire evans soyoncu 

Perreria                                chilwell 

mendy chodury 

maddison Gray 

Vardy 

29 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Like the look of that with the exception of Iborra. Against a pacy midfield like Man City it showed up his inability to track runners and play to the pace of the game often just dangling a leg out embarrassingly. Against Hazard and Kante I'd fear more of the same and think even Choudhury would give more.

I agree and personally would give Hamza a go albeit there isn't much either of them could do against Hazard or Kante if they're up for it. Just can't see Puel doing it and think he'll go with the experienced head.

• Like 1

Schmeichel

Ricky       Slabhead        Evans        Chilly

SharkyMarc              Hamza                Papy                 Dimi Gray

Madderz

Vardz

• Like 1

Just now, Beechey said:

Good news is that Everton and Wolves will probably lose, with one of Watford and West Ham winning only (unless a draw), so even if we lose this is probably won't cut us off from the Europa spot too badly.

No point in having a Europa spot.