Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baldeagle

Söyüncü

8 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Crap penalty aside I thought he and Maguire looked quite good together after a lot of people claiming they were to similar to play together 

I really want him to do well. But he looks dreadful to me.

He hasn't the strength or physique to cut it as a centre half. His long passing is atrocious. He gets too tight, geta sucked in and always half a second behind on the presses and line (though all these things can be learnt)

For £18m, I expect a player to be ready to go

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I think we made a massive error on this one. We had a ready-made player in Benkovic and he should be in our starting XI. Maybe a similar loan would have suited Soyuncu better, I don't get the feeling he is ready for the premier league yet

Wouldn't agree with massive error. He was alright last night. Not his fault for the goal and overall he was pretty solid and looked good with Maguire. He is having to learn the language and is playing in a new league. With a team who are as exciting as watching paint dry. Soyuncu looks good on the ball and tries to bring it out from the back. Just as seen last night and palace away no one moves to receive the ball. I do think he will be a very solid defender with us and potentially alongside Benkovic we have a good defence for few years to come.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TK95 said:

I think we made a massive error on this one. We had a ready-made player in Benkovic and he should be in our starting XI. Maybe a similar loan would have suited Soyuncu better, I don't get the feeling he is ready for the premier league yet

Soyuncu was a regular starter in the Bundesliga and now a regular starter for Turkey. So I feel any suggestion that he should have been farmed out to say Celtic, would be both illogical and pointless i.e. a backward step.   I think he will be fine once Puel stops dicking him about.  Agree 500% about your Benkovic comment, another mysterious Puelism.

The real conundrum here is this insistence of playing of Morgan regardless of the circumstances.  This is Drago 2 the sequel.

I am still not in the Puel out camp, but for sure Wes will be straight back in again and Soyuncu binned off and this stop-start treatment is hindering his progress.

Mind you, Puel may surprise us all by keeping Soyuncu in and play Harry and Hamza as DFM's instead of Mendy and Wilf.   Anything is possible 

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, HKFox said:

Wouldn't agree with massive error. He was alright last night. Not his fault for the goal and overall he was pretty solid and looked good with Maguire. He is having to learn the language and is playing in a new league. With a team who are as exciting as watching paint dry. Soyuncu looks good on the ball and tries to bring it out from the back. Just as seen last night and palace away no one moves to receive the ball. I do think he will be a very solid defender with us and potentially alongside Benkovic we have a good defence for few years to come.

:appl:

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be fair, wasn't Benkovic quoted as saying he wanted the loan because he didn't feel ready to compete for time at Leicester?

No.  Maguire was retained despite the Manure interest, and Wes is always selected.  He worked out that this meant his chances would be limited. If Wes is given another contract, I can see him asking to stay another season at Celtic and I can see us agreeing to this which would make us a laughing stock north of the border.  

11 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

No.  Maguire was retained despite the Manure interest, and Wes is always selected.  He worked out that this meant his chances would be limited. If Wes is given another contract, I can see him asking to stay another season at Celtic and I can see us agreeing to this which would make us a laughing stock north of the border.  

Maybe read the quotes from the player himself before saying no, https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3637326/filip-benkovic-celtic-title-challenge-treble-treble-loan-stay-end-of-season/

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think you need to read it Pal.  This is talking about the here and now and not why he felt it better to get out of our Club back in August. 

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

We don't of course know that he was a ready made player and doubt it very much. That supposition is a typical supporters sweeping statement based entirely on media snippets and Celtic fans evaluations. When a professional manager and his coaching team deem him not ready, for whatever reason,  it's based on watching him train following previous scouting missions prior to us even buying him and subsequent evaluation , not excited Celtic fans from a poor league where undoubtedly he's excelled. The same with Soyuncu, his gradual introduction to our first team would have been a deliberate act with sound reasoning behind it.

I think Soyuncu looks decent, he has played with 3 different centre half’s for City already and coped well, he’s a little raw and dives in a bit but he will calm down, him & Benkovic are our future and I hope Benkovic can take a penalty as Lord Farquhart feckin can’t... :thumbup:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I think you need to read it Pal.  This is talking about the here and now and not why he felt it better to get out of our Club back in August. 

Direct quote; “I think staying here for a year will make me improve as a player. Coming from the Croatian league to the English Premier League is a very big difference." “I was only there for one month but I saw it was a big step up. I think this step, coming to Scotland, can make me better.

Are you are ITK or can you refer to a quote where he stated this in August?

I think there was enough there to see a potentially good future for him here. Bit hit and miss currently and we can see why he's not been rushed into the first team regularly. Not afraid to get on the ball even if his passing was inconsistent, problem all our centre backs have is that they can't pass in to midfield with confidence that its going to stick with them.

Terrible penalty of course, but I suppose you have to admire the confidence to step up :unsure:

11 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Crap penalty aside I thought he and Maguire looked quite good together after a lot of people claiming they were too similar to play together 

Him and Maguire feel like they’re the future…. Agree

• Like 1

He’s decent. There’s a lot of potential there once he’s become more experienced he will be a very decent player. There’s and air of Puyol about him, tidy on the ball and reacts to danger quickly.... the odd lapse in concentration which is to be expected but overall he’s a prospect! 

• Like 1