Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baldeagle

Söyüncü

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Direct quote; “I think staying here for a year will make me improve as a player. Coming from the Croatian league to the English Premier League is a very big difference." “I was only there for one month but I saw it was a big step up. I think this step, coming to Scotland, can make me better.

Are you are ITK or can you refer to a quote where he stated this in August?

No -  I am not in the know but I can read. You check it out yourself.  Give you clue, check the August press, as opposed to recent articles, and in particular the mention of Maguire not leaving. 

Definitely got potential.  A wee bit gung-ho sometimes but I would rather have that than a lack of talent, football is, after all, entertainment.  Looks to have one or two errors in him but he is young and only played a couple of games in England so he will improve.  Looks like a definite Premier League quality defender in the making to me.  Also, he is a big fvcker which is always good.  X

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I really want him to do well. But he looks dreadful to me.

He hasn't the strength or physique to cut it as a centre half. His long passing is atrocious. He gets too tight, geta sucked in and always half a second behind on the presses and line (though all these things can be learnt)

For £18m, I expect a player to be ready to go

Haha, good bot.  X

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Definitely got potential.  A wee bit gung-ho sometimes but I would rather have that than a lack of talent, football is, after all, entertainment.  Looks to have one or two errors in him but he is young and only played a couple of games in England so he will improve.  Looks like a definite Premier League quality defender in the making to me.  Also, he is a big fvcker which is always good.  X

That's my feeling too. Harry Maguire made plenty of mistakes last season too but overall impressed. Soyuncu is't quite as good as Maguire but is younger and has less Premier League experience. For me he already looks quite solid and I expect he will improve quite a lot - the raw ingredients are there. He does have a bit of a "flamboyant" element to his game, but I think this is something that in scout reports comes across as a good thing. Already he's done quite a few Cruyff turns to beat defenders and put in some great long passes, though he has of course also made some stupid ones and made some poor decisions too. But honestly I would say that he looks like a good purchase and actually better than some of the defenders that Man United brought such as Bailly and Lindeloff. Of course time will tell if that's true or not!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Im not convinced at all so far. He looked like a fish out of water for the majority of the game. Benkovic is going to be ahead of him in no time. 

Maguire, Benkovic and Evans are ahead of him for me. But for a 22 year old who's new in the country, league and team then that's fine with me. I hope we bench Morgan a bit more to give Soyuncu some more game time.

48 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Maguire, Benkovic and Evans are ahead of him for me. But for a 22 year old who's new in the country, league and team then that's fine with me. I hope we bench Morgan a bit more to give Soyuncu some more game time.

Is it just me or does it look like everything he does is unconventional?  Im hoping its as you say, adapting to a new league but it seemed more like someone winging it when they are completely out of their depth. Hope im wrong and I will be patient with him but im worried this was a bit of a panic buy 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Is it just me or does it look like everything he does is unconventional?  Im hoping its as you say, adapting to a new league but it seemed more like someone winging it when they are completely out of their depth. Hope im wrong and I will be patient with him but im worried this was a bit of a panic buy 

I think we wanted Mempham (sp?) from Brentford. But Soyuncu does seem decent. I'm not sure I'd say winging it but he does take risks and his passing was caught out a bit last match. He was apparently a striker before so his unconventional style may come from that. Still, he's my fourth choice centre half (I'm assuming Celtic fans are correct about Benk). I hope he gets more minutes in place of Morgan. If we just leave him on the bench he'll never adjust and improve.

7 hours ago, TK95 said:

I think we made a massive error on this one. We had a ready-made player in Benkovic and he should be in our starting XI. Maybe a similar loan would have suited Soyuncu better, I don't get the feeling he is ready for the premier league yet

How do you know he's ready made, he's playing in a tin pot league. If Soyuncu had gone there and Benkovic had stayed you'd probably be saying the same thing.   Until they play in the same league, we have no idea how they match up. 

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

No -  I am not in the know but I can read. You check it out yourself.  Give you clue, check the August press, as opposed to recent articles, and in particular the mention of Maguire not leaving. 

Ok, I will do the research to prove your point. :thumbup:

At such a young age (for a centre half) and having no PL experience he is going to need game time to get up to speed. Far too early to make a judgement call as to whether or not he has the brains and will power to adapt and develop.  I hope he gets at least another dozen full games under his belt before the season is out.  Depending on whether Harry goes in the summer he could well be forming a new partnership at the back with Benk next season for us - quite a scary prospect for such a young pairing, but in the long run it 'might' be dynamite.

Summary - Too early to judge and hopefully his best years are ahead of him in a blue foxes shirt

• Like 2

7 hours ago, srex9 said:

Dreadful is an awful assesment of the guy. He's still young and learning a new league with new team mates and a new language. Considering all that i think he's done a good job. 

Positionally I thought he was solid. The guy is definitely strong enough next to Maguire. Like you said he will learn the other things the more game time he gets. Yes some of his long passes were poor but at least he isn't afraid to make a mistake. If i were the coach I'd be encouraged we've got a guy that isn't afraid to spread the ball forwards and be positive. The accuracy will come with game time as well. 

18mil is the going price these days for one of the best young cb around. 

Others saying Benkovic is good to go need to remind themselves that it's not the same playing against Hamilton Academicals as it is against Sergio Aguero. Cut our new guys some slack. 

Very right to point that out. For his age and previous experience to be suddenly pitted against the likes of Agueiro, DeBruyne and Jesus etc has got to be quite daunting and one hell of a challenge. I think some people really do expect to much from some of our young prospects.

• Like 1