Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baldeagle

Söyüncü

12 hours ago, SO1 said:

Looked so good on the ball.  Especially that one run in the first half that I thought he would give Chilwell a run for his money. Maybe Brendan will do the "Dutch" thing with him. (change positions)

Missionary?

11 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He will make a mistake a game until the experience comes. That’s football though. Tends to me rash sometimes when no need too. There’s something there, will it happen here...still time to find out 

Antihistamine cream, sudocrem, E45? 

Rogers will have a right conundrum next season with who to play as CB pairing. With Morgan getting the extension, Maguire possibly staying and Benko coming back along with Cags and Evans that's before he looks at the likes of Hughes, Knight etc in DV squad.

Those players give us the option to switch when required for 3 @ back but with how the team are playing now not sure he will do that often.

Long term it's Cags and Benko for me but when do they get the chance ahead of Maguire and Evans for next season and will they be happy with bit part, especially with Morgan probably taking the bench place must Saturdays.

Something in me says take the money for Maguire if it comes otherwise we are going to lose 1 of those 2, who in my eyes are silkier versions of Maguire, both comfortable with ball @feet both like to bring the ball out and go on marauding runs down field, both faster and younger and both can defend, ok Cags has made the odd blunder but don't they all.

Id imagine DV players will / should go on loan so rules 1 of those adding to the immediate headache but what a headache to have I guess.

He did look OK, very comfortable on the ball.

But remember that was against the second worst team in P/L history, and his silly misplaced cross field pass nearly led to a goal. I've noticed he does this in nearly every game he's played for us.

Those sort of suicide passes will be heavily punished by better teams.

Very unlucky with the penalty.

Wes Morgan makes mistakes 35 years old

Caglar Soyunçu makes mistakes 22 years old.

I know who I want in my team and the next 5 games are a great time for him to gain real PL experience.

28 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Rogers will have a right conundrum next season with who to play as CB pairing. With Morgan getting the extension, Maguire possibly staying and Benko coming back along with Cags and Evans that's before he looks at the likes of Hughes, Knight etc in DV squad.

Those players give us the option to switch when required for 3 @ back but with how the team are playing now not sure he will do that often.

Long term it's Cags and Benko for me but when do they get the chance ahead of Maguire and Evans for next season and will they be happy with bit part, especially with Morgan probably taking the bench place must Saturdays.

Something in me says take the money for Maguire if it comes otherwise we are going to lose 1 of those 2, who in my eyes are silkier versions of Maguire, both comfortable with ball @feet both like to bring the ball out and go on marauding runs down field, both faster and younger and both can defend, ok Cags has made the odd blunder but don't they all.

Id imagine DV players will / should go on loan so rules 1 of those adding to the immediate headache but what a headache to have I guess.

Long term it’s ‘Cago And Benko’ for me? So on the basis of second hand reports from Scotland and one decent run in the first half against a condemned Huddersfield you’d get rid of our young World Cup semifinalist established England international and a 30 year old former Man Utd defender?

A shade hasty I think. 

1 minute ago, Mr Weller said:

Long term it’s ‘Cago And Benko’ for me? So on the basis of second hand reports from Scotland and one decent run in the first half against a condemned Huddersfield you’d get rid of our young World Cup semifinalist established England international and a 30 year old former Man Utd defender?

A shade hasty I think. 

TBF, whilst at Celtic BR went into print and stated that Benko and Boyata were ready for the EPL. So second-hand reports from Scotland is probably not accurate.   Harry may well not be here next season and with Evans prone to the odd injury, we may well be looking at Cags and Benko as a potential pairing at some point next season?  

At least this is one position where we are well sorted! 

• Like 1

In my defence I do say long term.

Yes for Maguire he's good but not great, I've followed Benko at Celtic and have colleagues that watched him week in week out live and reports from them is he's the real deal & as you know being at the ground you see more on how a player really is etc than on a high lights real. 

Evans I've said before is the best CB at the club currently and it's him +1 until he can't do it then Cags and Benko.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Yes for Maguire he's good but not great, I've followed Benko at Celtic and have colleagues that watched him week in week out live and reports from them is he's the real deal & as you know being at the ground you see more on how a player really is etc than on a high lights real. 

Evans I've said before is the best CB at the club currently and it's him +1 until he can't do it then Cags and Benko.

Be really interesting to see how he performs next year. 

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Maguire would look as good as anyone playing in the SPL. His lack of pace would rarely be exposed and his ball playing would be so easy given the quality of Celtic compared to their opponents.

17 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Maguire would look as good as anyone playing in the SPL. His lack of pace would rarely be exposed and his ball playing would be so easy given the quality of Celtic compared to their opponents.

Please note I’m not slating Maguire and if he stays great, I’m just saying if we get the offer we have more than enough to cover his loss so I would take it 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Please note I’m not slating Maguire and if he stays great, I’m just saying if we get the offer we have more than enough to cover his loss so I would take it 

I know what you mean BKL.

We have a surfeit of good centre halves but Harry is the only one that could command a huge transfer fee.  As much as I love Harry, I would take the money to improve the team and get Tielemans, knowing that we have more than adequate replacements.

It's not a case of wanting to lose Harry.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

I know what you mean BKL.

We have a surfeit of good centre halves but Harry is the only one that could command a huge transfer fee.  As much as I love Harry, I would take the money to improve the team and get Tielemans, knowing that we have more than adequate replacements.

It's not a case of wanting to lose Harry.

I echo that. Would love to keep the lad. £70 million plus though and I’d take it to strengthen the team. 

Don’t have a lack of ambition. To complete in Europe, the cup and the league current wisdom says you need an entire reserve team of top quality so 4 great centre backs are needed. Morgan is back up these days so discount him in the planning.

4 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Duly noted. I do agree with you, playing in the SPL doesn’t take anything away from Benkovic’s ability. I hope as much as you he turns out to be the player we all think he is. I’d sell Maguire if it means we can make Tielemans an LCFC player.

• Like 1

From what little I've seen of him this season he is decent but not great, always prone to a mistake but that might be down to game time, will just have to see if he can impress enough to be a regular starter next season or a bench warmer.

7 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

He did look OK, very comfortable on the ball.

But remember that was against the second worst team in P/L history, and his silly misplaced cross field pass nearly led to a goal. I've noticed he does this in nearly every game he's played for us.

Those sort of suicide passes will be heavily punished by better teams.

Very unlucky with the penalty.

Talking about mistakes ... let’s talk about MacGuire first ... he averages one or two a game minimum and often has to do last ditch tackles to correct his own mistakes or being out of position.

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Talking about mistakes ... let’s talk about MacGuire first ... he averages one or two a game minimum and often has to do last ditch tackles to correct his own mistakes or being out of position.

Who does he play for?

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I thought this was a Soyuncu thread? I've made many comments on the mistakes our other centre backs have made in other threads.

14 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Who does he play for?

Not sure.........I think he was talking about that bloke we signed from Hull, Harold MacGyire?