Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baldeagle

Söyüncü

2 minutes ago, knitro said:

Bit of a forgotten man but I thought he looked pretty good today, penalty call notwithstanding (It was harsh and it was not his mistake that caused the situation).

Undoubtedly the CB who's most comfortable with the ball. He did well but his stray pass at the end of the game could have been costly and it was a very basic mistake.

Thought he was excellent, the phantom penalty being a joke, then that howler there at the end that should have been a goal.  Consistency will obviously be an issue if he’s competing with the likes of Evans and Benkovic for PT but the ability is clearly very real. Considering he hasn’t played match football in months he looked remarkably good.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 3

It's his place to lose now. I'm sure Rodgers loves his aggressiveness teamed with his ability on the ball. Looking forward to when Benkovic gets back at the end of the season. Battle Royale.

Edited by SO1

Solid game apart from those couple of mistakes. Proactive decision making, showed a good read of the game, comfortable in possession and brought the ball out of defence à la Maguire a few times too. Just needs that bit more game time to get up fully to speed . Penalty was definitely the wrong decision by the ref.

Overall solid game. Hasn't played much this season so he needs to get in tune with English football. 

Mind you, he was up against the worst team in the league.

That was only his 5th game for us and he was very solid throughout. As others have said it wasn't the penalty that was poor play, but more the stray pass that Mounie intercepted that was the one blot on his copybook, but at that point I think we were 3-1 up anyway.

I think if he was a starter he would make a couple of clangers over the course of a season, but I also think that over time he would improve and stop making those errors. A bit like Maguire, CB's like this often take a bit of a chance with the ball and it can both work for and against you depending on the situation. Rio Ferdinand for Leeds was the classic example who did make mistakes early in his career, but once he'd got them out of his system was one of the best CB's in the league and had a killer partnership with Vidic as a result.

Will be interesting to see what happens next season though. If we don't get European football then I suspect either he or Benkovic will go on loan. He's at that stage where he's nearly good enough to be first team ready, but not quite and needs more games to get there. Classic catch-22!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Thought he played okay but still see him as abit of a bomb scare, i.e that misplaced square pass which they should have scored from! Benkovic would be my choice to challenge Maguire and Evans next season.

Have you watched much of Benkovic this season ? 

• Like 1

I was impressed with how good he was on the ball.   Overall sense I get is they should probably loan him out so he can get minutes as he is prone to the odd mistake which probably goes away with experience.  I'd like to see more of him before the end of the season.

4 hours ago, FIF said:

Should be him and Evans next week.

Agree.  Needs games and he will be fine. If Wes is going to bit part next season we need to see what Cags can do against better opposition this season.

Edited by mozartfox