Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baldeagle

Söyüncü

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

It's his place to lose now. I'm sure Rodgers loves his aggressiveness teamed with his ability on the ball. Looking forward to when Benkovic gets back at the end of the season. Battle Royale.

it’s starting to read like an old game of football manager... we are accumulating so many good players to play in the same position it’s almsot becoming painful....

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

It's quite weird to think we have 4 CBs (5 with Benkovic) that are fully capable of playing in the prem. Brilliant bit of recruitment from us there.

and they have to face Vardy every damn day. Sounds like worker abuse to me.

Good on the ball and not slow, in fact pretty pacey for his position. Im very happy going into next season with our centre halves.. its for sure a position we are not short on .. and like i think someone mentioned earlier we still have Benko to come in and prove himself. 

Still needs to work on staying focused for the whole 90 mins but that will come with more gametime

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Good on the ball and not slow, in fact pretty pacey for his position. Im very happy going into next season with our centre halves.. its for sure a position we are not short on .. and like i think someone mentioned earlier we still have Benko to come in and prove himself. 

Looked so good on the ball.  Especially that one run in the first half that I thought he would give Chilwell a run for his money. Maybe Brendan will do the "Dutch" thing with him. (change positions)

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Thought he played okay but still see him as abit of a bomb scare, i.e that misplaced square pass which they should have scored from! Benkovic would be my choice to challenge Maguire and Evans next season.

That doesn't worry me.

22 (I think) is really young for a centre half.  He has a great deal of talent and ability.  That can't be coached.  The mistakes will go with experience and time. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, murphy said:

That doesn't worry me.

22 (I think) is really young for a centre half.  He has a great deal of talent and ability.  That can't be coached.  The mistakes will go with experience and time. 

He is super young and he is an international, he will do well if he gets a spot but like i said earlier in the thread we are pretty full in that area. Will be different if Maguire leaves though ofc. 

Edited by Suzie the Fox

Thought he was Maguire-esque today. Commanding and imperious most of the time, unlucky penalty given against and just when you’re least expecting it produces a howler of a pass. Hopefully Harry does stay but if he goes Soyuncu will slot right in. 

Love the aggressive nature in the way he wants to be first to the ball even whilst marking a player.

I honestly believe that he is already better positionaly than Maguire is, in the few times that I’ve seen him play granted.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Will be a travesty to see one of him and Benkovic 4th choice next season and the other out on loan again. With Tielemans price rocketing every minute the man smiles and breathes, we really ought to be engineering Maguire's departure for anywhere north of £50m and throw the lot at Youri if needs be. Soyuncu and Benkovic will be more than good enough to support Evans and Morgan.

The Brodge will figure it all out. That's why we pay him the big bucks.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Will be a travesty to see one of him and Benkovic 4th choice next season and the other out on loan again. With Tielemans price rocketing every minute the man smiles and breathes, we really ought to be engineering Maguire's departure for anywhere north of £50m and throw the lot at Youri if needs be. Soyuncu and Benkovic will be more than good enough to support Evans and Morgan.

THIS 

Worth bearing in mind for those highlighting mistakes that he’s had no continuity with first team games all season. Penalty was a farce, with consistent games he could be a real player. Needs a trim though ?.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Glad he got some minutes and looked decent, hopefully Brendan has seen that Soyuncu has a lot to offer. Given that Evans isn't going to play every game and Wes is cover next season, we do need quality in depth at CB.

It means we have four CB's for two spots given that Wes is only for cover. Probably could make a nice profit on Evans if Brendan had confidence in the young lads.

“A special mention today to Cags, our centre half,” said Rodgers.

“He was only told this morning he was playing and that is testament to him.

I thought his performance, apart from a loose pass at the end when he was tired, was outstanding having not played for five months.

He was very good and it was a very good team performance and to score four goals in the Premier League is never easy.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Glad he got some minutes and looked decent, hopefully Brendan has seen that Soyuncu has a lot to offer. Given that Evans isn't going to play every game and Wes is cover next season, we do need quality in depth at CB.

Sam Hughes to step up?