Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baldeagle

Söyüncü

i’d love to see him on the right of Morgan and  Maguire on the left of a back 3...  chilly and pereira bombing up... mendy. , N’didi and maddison in a sort of triangle and Vardy and someone else up front...

also with those 3 coming up for set peices i think would be a real asset.

I think a combination of Maguire/Soyuncu/Evans would work wonders, even if it meant switching to 3 at the back. Yes, I know this is a pipedream, but let me have this one! Maguire and Soyuncu would be free to play to their strengths and Evans would bring experience whilst providing defensive instructions to the other two; I've noticed that Morgan and Maguire play better with Evans, rather than each other. Also, with a back 3, Ricardo and Chilwell would be able to provide attacking width by playing as out and out wing-backs. Puel can still play with a couple of DMs, but a tweaked system might give the team more flexibility with attacking options. Seeing as this topic is about Lord Farquaard though, my opinion is that he was solid against Man City and didn't put a foot wrong, ignoring the penalty fiasco.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, C.J said:

Not convinced by him yet.  Stupid penalty, especially when he'd seen the one before saved in the exact same place.

Surely you’re not judging a young defender on his penalty taking abilities? I know Morgan as played well this season but I’d rather see a young lad in the team learning his game(and he’s done ok when hes played) than one who is hopefully leaving at the end of the season. 

Edited by elvisfmcfly
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Maguire, Benkovic and Evans are ahead of him for me. But for a 22 year old who's new in the country, league and team then that's fine with me. I hope we bench Morgan a bit more to give Soyuncu some more game time.

lol lol are you for real. You put Benkovic ahead of him but have not seen him play in the EPL lol lol I'll await the Benkovic is shite comments after three games next season. 

Your whole comment is so FT over reaction lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MPH said:

i’d love to see him on the right of Morgan and  Maguire on the left of a back 3...  chilly and pereira bombing up... mendy. , N’didi and maddison in a sort of triangle and Vardy and someone else up front...

also with those 3 coming up for set peices i think would be a real asset.

Was thinking about this earlier but I was having trouble figuring out what I'd do with Gray given we'd be playing the wing-backs as wingers essentially - he'd have to go central and drift about the entire width of the pitch, it'd kind of work if Maddison could do too but then it'd either leave the striker too isolated or Ndidi on his own mopping things up, but Maguire should turn into his England self in a 3-5-2

Kasper--

Farquaad - Wes - Mags

Ric ------------------------------- Chilleh

Undideh

Madders ------------

-------Nacho

Dim---------

Vardeh

It could work quite well, and flexible you could drop Nacho for Mendy or Hamza to control play more. You've got freedom for the wingbacks, you've got numbers at the back, you've got four attacking players to cause havok - Nacho can drop, pop and link play, Maddison can float about and pull the strings, Gray can run into wide spaces and Vardy can exploit the spaces made by Gray. Can't see us changing the system so much though, maybe it's very impractical off of paper

10 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Small club mentality. Our fans shit themselves when we spend some money and the player isnt world class and scoring hattricks on their debut.

Yeah, we shit ourselves when we spend 30 million on players like Slimani and they turn out to be shit. Still, small club mentality to hope for anything more I suppose.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, sylofox said:

lol lol are you for real. You put Benkovic ahead of him but have not seen him play in the EPL lol lol I'll await the Benkovic is shite comments after three games next season. 

Your whole comment is so FT over reaction lol

Heh. I trust the Celtic fans after they watched VVD. Could be wrong ofc.

17 hours ago, whitlock said:

, he was one of the players to help contain Aguero, De Bruyne, Mahrez etc.

I mean Mahrez does what he usually does. Stand with his hands in his pockets on the wing till the 60th minute until he comes out with something spectacular. Actually scratch that last part. Fuchs had him on toast. Aguero was quiet as hell. KDB is just amazing. Not taking anything away from Lord Faqaard, still think he played well.

17 minutes ago, huggybear said:

I think I watched a different game on Tuesday as I thought he was our MotM!  He's agile, reads the game, plays it out of defence well, can beat a player and oozes confidence.  I also don't agree that his passing is poor, he's one of few who actually play it into the path of the player rather than at them or behind them.  He was also clearly distraught at missing the penalty (his penalty in the previous round was probably the best of all of them) - I think we have a real player on our hands here and would have no worries in him slotting in on a regular basis.

Sensible and fair post.  Give him a run of games as opposed to 'in-out in-out shake it all about' and he will develop into a good player.  No doubt he will be bombed out again this weekend.  Just give him a run of games Puel.

• Like 2

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 00:00, elvisfmcfly said:

Surely you’re not judging a young defender on his penalty taking abilities? I know Morgan as played well this season but I’d rather see a young lad in the team learning his game(and he’s done ok when hes played) than one who is hopefully leaving at the end of the season. 

No, he messed up at Fulham for their goal.  Just doesn't fill me with confidence when he's on the ball.........at the moment.  I'm interested to see what the lad on loan at Celtic is like.

30 minutes ago, C.J said:

No, he messed up at Fulham for their goal.  Just doesn't fill me with confidence when he's on the ball.........at the moment.  I'm interested to see what the lad on loan at Celtic is like.

Jesus - he messed up once!!!   What about 'Red-Card' Wes and Harry?   They are perfect are they? Never screwed up??  FT really is amazing.:ph34r:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, C.J said:

I agree with you regarding Fulham, he should have stayed on his feet. Arguably there was a quite similar incident on Tuesday and that time he got it right, so possibly he learned from the experience which is what he needs to get. It's a difficult call for a manager to make though and we would probably have differences of opinions on here and nobody would actually be wrong. Against the criticism of some, and despite the odd howler, Puel stuck with and put his faith in Chilwell and it's paid huge dividends. He does however appear to be emersing Soyuncu into the fray more gradually and presumably he has his reasons for that. If he was picked against Chelsea, which I doubt he will,  it wouldn't be the end of the world for me. The same goes for Chowdhury. If they do play though we shouldn't be surprised at the odd misjudgement and make some allowances. Let's face it,  not unlike De Breuyne on Tuesday,  Hazard and Kante have the ability to makes monkeys out of some of Europe's best defenders let alone our kids!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, C.J said:

Yeah cause he couldn’t possibly make a mistake in a better league,all defenders make mistakes look at Morgan and Chilwell last season and those mistakes have made Chilwell better,he was getting slated last year,by me at times. 

2 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

If you cant see his potential you dont understand what you are watching.

He has settled well and looks confident on the ball.

Stop harping on about Morgan, its  Soyuncu we are talking about.

16 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Yeah cause he couldn’t possibly make a mistake in a better league,all defenders make mistakes look at Morgan and Chilwell last season and those mistakes have made Chilwell better,he was getting slated last year,by me at times. 

Ahhgg. You see you are learning:P