Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea 0 - 1 Leicester Post Match

2 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Think you are tarring everyone with the same brush there,it’s not defeats that annoy me it’s the manner of them under Puel,I’ve been Puel out since End of January and nothing I have seen since as changed my mind! I don’t react per Every game,should an upturn in results performances and none erratic team selections with so many unnecessary changes per game ensue then I may reconsider.

Yeah, I don’t keep a diary of what specific people have said, so of course I am generalising. Understand that we haven’t been playing great in a lot of games this season but I don’t see why everyone thinks changing managers is gunna benefit us at all. Puel has shown great intent to bring through youth players (puel actually brought hazard through at Lille) and in doing so hasn’t dropped to the bottom of the league. I think if you way up the pros and cons it’s easy for me that he should be given at least till the end of the season. I’d personally say 2-3 seasons to allow him to build his own team. A lot of posters on here want us to replace puel with Eddie Howe, the reason why Bournemouth are doing so well this season is because, regardless of results and performances, Howe was given 3 seasons in the prem to build a team and get them playing his way.

• Like 4

Just now, Babylon said:

Serious question, you said the team was relegation material with or without Puel because we'd not invested in enough good players and we had a poor squad. You repeated that several times, so it wasn't a particularly throw away heat of the moment comment.

If you meant what you said, surely if that was the case you can cut him some slack as the team is over performing against your expectations and that you must have  expected some poor performances if you thought the squad was that bad?

You’ve already said this at the risk of repeating yourself! I questioned the recruitment at the start of the season that’s for sure I still stand by that! I obviously overestimated the rest of the competition though cause there are some terrible teams in this league.

i have a right to an opinion which this bloke puts me off watching the games,first time I’ve had that in 20 years of supporting Leicester! He’s not for us long term so I’d prefer we got some one in who was,some one who doesn’t drain the life out of the team and fans,Puels had the same remarks about him where ever he has been so this is not a one off the MAJORITY of our fans being unreasonable.

6 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

Yeah, I don’t keep a diary of what specific people have said, so of course I am generalising. Understand that we haven’t been playing great in a lot of games this season but I don’t see why everyone thinks changing managers is gunna benefit us at all. Puel has shown great intent to bring through youth players (puel actually brought hazard through at Lille) and in doing so hasn’t dropped to the bottom of the league. I think if you way up the pros and cons it’s easy for me that he should be given at least till the end of the season. I’d personally say 2-3 seasons to allow him to build his own team. A lot of posters on here want us to replace puel with Eddie Howe, the reason why Bournemouth are doing so well this season is because, regardless of results and performances, Howe was given 3 seasons in the prem to build a team and get them playing his way.

It is probably sensible to give him to the end of the season to be honest but more for the case of better chance of getting a better manager in the close season,

I ll give him a little credit for finally changing something now with the midfield 3,but it’s just like him to revert to his old ways even after stumbling into a winning formula.

howe as shown signs of progression with a lesser squad than ours where as under Puel we have flatlined and I’ve not seen enough in his tenure to see that it will change,I’m prepared to wait until the end of the season for him to prove me wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

It is probably sensible to give him to the end of the season to be honest but more for the case of better chance of getting a better manager in the close season,

I ll give him a little credit for finally changing something now with the midfield 3,but it’s just like him to revert to his old ways even after stumbling into a winning formula.

howe as shown signs of progression with a lesser squad than ours where as under Puel we have flatlined and I’ve not seen enough in his tenure to see that it will change,I’m prepared to wait until the end of the season for him to prove me wrong.

Wouldn’t say Bournemouth have a lesser squad. Most of our big money signings have been flops and don’t get a game. Our squad still has the championship winning core to it. I think us and Bournemouth are pretty much in the same position regarding progression as over the last 3 seasons we’ve both seen progression into the top half and then a finish in the bottom half the next season. If we’d just spent our money right we’d be laughing.

2 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

Wouldn’t say Bournemouth have a lesser squad. Most of our big money signings have been flops and don’t get a game. Our squad still has the championship winning core to it. I think us and Bournemouth are pretty much in the same position regarding progression as over the last 3 seasons we’ve both seen progression into the top half and then a finish in the bottom half the next season. If we’d just spent our money right we’d be laughing.

Well let me ask you then judging by resources do you think we should be aiming to finish higher than Bournemouth? And I’m never gonna disagree with anyone on how we have squandered money.

Edited by elvisfmcfly
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

The winning formula for Chelsea away might be a little different to the winning formula for Cardiff at home, would you not want to play an extra attacker in that situation?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Well let me ask you then judging by resources do you think we should be aiming to finish higher than Bournemouth? And I’m never gonna disagree with anyone on how we have squandered money.

I’d say we should definitely aim to finish higher based on our finances. However, if you’re spending that money on players that aren’t even starting then we aren’t even using our finances to get an upper hand. Look at the signings Everton have made compared to us. Richarlison, Andre Gomes and sigurdson. All great players that we would love to have here. We’ve had 2 strikers flop and silva who I don’t really know what’s going on with to be honest. He is supposed to be exactly like Andre Gomes yet isn’t getting anywhere near our team.

3 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

The winning formula for Chelsea away might be a little different to the winning formula for Cardiff at home, would you not want to play an extra attacker in that situation?

Think you know what I’m getting at and are being pedantic for the sake of it!

4 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

6 hours ago, Parafox said:

Good game for Ricardo, who is a class player, considering his club history, but it's not that long ago that people on here were questioning why we bought him. Have they now changed their minds? Fickle fans are so annoying.

Therr is obviously a fine line between being a fickle fan, and taking the evidence in front of you to alter your opinion.

Its not a sign of weakness to admit that you were wrong, nor is it sign of strength to stick with your first impressions for life.

I learned this as a 12 year old boy who chose ricky hill as his favourite player because he looked cool on the cover of the program, by half time i realised he was shit (but i still kept watching and this waa confirmed)

2 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Well no, you said he'd found the winning formula but that's no good if it only works away at the top teams, it is very possible that today's winning formula won't be used in many matches at all. Though I'll be interested to see how it does against Man City if he plays the same side.

7 hours ago, duk3nuk3m said:

I understand the criticisms of our first half defensive game plan as opposed to our more energetic, counter attacking style in the second half, but do people really expect us to play that more energetic style for 90 mins?

Maybe Claude understands that we can't and that we're at our best when we produce those short spells of high intensity. For us to do that and give us our best chance of a result, we have to weather the storm defensively in the first half of matches.

I very much agree. First half we were actually pretty controlled and largely contained Chelsea apart from Maguire’s error and Hazard hitting the bar. That meant we were well set at half time. We can’t really expect much more away against one of the top four - anyone who is expecting more has a touch of Nige’s delusions of grandeur. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Great win. We were garbage first half. Just sat in and it was only a matter of time before Chelsea scored but after half time we were quality.

"Great win. We were garbage first half. Just sat in and it was only a matter of time before Chelsea scored"......

Seems it wasn't!

Edited by PaulW

2 hours ago, theessexfox said:

Well no, you said he'd found the winning formula but that's no good if it only works away at the top teams, it is very possible that today's winning formula won't be used in many matches at all. Though I'll be interested to see how it does against Man City if he plays the same side.

Can’t be arsed explaining everything, have another read of what I wrote try and make sense and if you can’t dont worry about it,throw in a confused emoji and go about enjoying your day. 

Edited by elvisfmcfly

5 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

You can't say we've got a poor squad, can't admit we've squandered loads of  of money and then say we should be finishing the higher because of resources. That's not all on Puel, he's having to deal with the all out from wasting about £150m on duffers.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

You can't say we've got a poor squad, can't admit we've squandered loads of  of money and then say we should be finishing the higher because of resources. That's not all on Puel, he's having to deal with the all out from wasting about £150m on duffers.

Mr babylon I’ve said it a few times as you probably well know,I’m not basing most of my Puel outiness on league position I’m sure I’ve no reason to reiterate why I’m so Puel outy because I’ve said it before and I’m am not wont to repeat myself and you remember everything anyone has ever said anyway. Good morning sir!