Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea 0 - 1 Leicester Post Match

16 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Reading through all the comments the same people who were saying Puel our last week are saying Puel in this. Just making the point that one result does not make a manager. Throughout the last few months I’ve seen enough for one result not to change my mind.

Yeh what's The Point in life when we're all going  to die anyway?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Yeah, of course. Buts it’s hard to after watching boring football week after week and knowing it will revert back after this week.

surely after watching so much boring football, it'd make the win even sweeter?

Enjoy the moment, embrace the victory!!

6 minutes ago, copunk said:

Sounds a bit silly but the way the players reacted to vardys goal gave me goosebumps!!! Pure emotion, the build up to that goal was literally from the 15/16 handbook, beautiful

It was brilliant and a good sign! That was definitely one of teh best things about 15/16, the whole squad were in it together. Some the celebrations at Man City away were hilarious and entertaining and I remember Ulloa's goal in the 88th minute against Norwich where even Filbert the Fox couldn't hold back and started mobbing the players!!! lol

Maddison and Vardy seem to be getting on the same wavelength now which is really important as Mahrez is now gone. It was a brilliant first time pass with the perfect weighting on it. For such a young player, Maddison is very good and if we give him time he could become a great player. Remember that both Mahrez and Vardy took quite a long time to hit the "elite" levels they showed in 15/16. Maddison is definitely ahead of the curve at the moment.

• Like 4

After the last game i admit i was in the puel out camp. Ive been fluctuating as to whether he is the guy or not for a few weeks for sure. We have moments like today and then absolute nothing after. Consistency is absolutely key for us and thats what i struggle with given the current state of affairs.

I am all for a change in style but as much as we need to adapt and change our ways puel needs to recognize our strengths and play to them when its needed (yes sometimes that means lobbing the ball down to vardy lol). Once we have the players that can play his way then its a different story. We dont so it goes both ways.

We've done well today and i have 0 problem giving puel credit for the win today. I cant say that im sold either way at the moment but if we can use this as a springboard to push forward with consistency then puel can stay as far as im concerned. 

Even though  we didnt get the win vs man city in cup game we did well to draw the game. A big win today and a point or more next game would be absolute massive for us.

We cant be beating chelsea and then losing to crystal fakin palace. 

Absolutely excited that we beat chelsea today well done everyone.

Wherher you're puel in or puel out merry christmas!

Fantastic performance overall, a few times first half where we left Vardy isolated and put pressure on ourselves but richly deserved after we’d gone in front. Full backs were immense, Hamza did really well again!! I’ve been to Chelsea away twice this year now, seen two excellent performances, and not seen us concede a goal!! Let’s put the negativity and all that aside for tonight and just enjoy a tremendous result. Merry Christmas fellow Foxes!! ? 

• Like 1

Just now, Jattdogg said:

After the last game i admit i was in the puel out camp. Ive been fluctuating as to whether he is the guy or not for a few weeks for sure. We have moments like today and then absolute nothing after. Consistency is absolutely key for us and thats what i struggle with given the current state of affairs.

I am all for a change in style but as much as we need to adapt and change our ways puel needs to recognize our strengths and play to them when its needed (yes sometimes that means lobbing the ball down to vardy lol). Once we have the players that can play his way then its a different story. We dont so it goes both ways.

We've done well today and i have 0 problem giving puel credit for the win today. I cant say that im sold either way at the moment but if we can use this as a springboard to push forward with consistency then puel can stay as far as im concerned. 

Even though  we didnt get the win vs man city in cup game we did well to draw the game. A big win today and a point or more next game would be absolute massive for us.

We cant be beating chelsea and then losing to crystal fakin palace. 

Absolutely excited that we beat chelsea today well done everyone.

Wherher you're puel in or puel out merry christmas!

Palace just twatted Manchester City away.

Those that continue to think we would have drawn Burton just because Man C did do not understand the simple fact that if events change (e.g. we had beaten Man C) then future events also change. The draw would have been different - even saying Leicester City rather than Man City would change timings as would of course a win for Leicester.  It’s not really very difficult to understand but many on here can’t seem to get their heads around it (Kitchandro being the latest). By all means have a view on Puel in or out as everyone is entitled to their opinion but don’t use the ‘we would have been playing  Burton’ in a semi final’ argument. Great win today by the way.

59 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I think the bullshit is in your post, even the post match analysis by CNBC said the same thing, I the second half we pushed Ricardo and Chilwell alot forward on the counter.  This was tactical nothing to do with glamorous Chelsea playing the best football to pin us back.  I fact the logic would suggest we would slow down and tire, but we were far more ambitious in the second half with our counters.

That was our entire plan..... soak up pressure and get through the first half and then use spaces opened up by Chelsea on the attack in the 2nd half to penetrate open areas. We did it well. 

This was literally how we tried to play and it worked. 

To suggest the first half was embarrassing because we sat back and soaked up pressure is frankly laughable. 

The majority of teams will come to the bridge and try to do the same thing. You conveniently ignored my question of what you think we should have done in the first half? 

Should we have counter pressed a high pressing Chelsea team and opening up our defence? 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1

Christ our fans are fickle. One good half of football doesn't make Puel a good manager, nor does it make up for the hours of dross we have had to watch over the past few months. 

We were very good second half today, which begs the question why we don't do that every week.

If we play like we did second half for the next 10 games, then maybe Puel deserves a chance. Do I think that will happen? Doubt it.

• Like 2

Only managed to watch first half, where we were ok, much better organised than we have been we had no options on the ball. When Vardy did get it he was pretty poor. 

Obviously can’t comment on second half but what a win. Ride luck at times I imagine but it must’ve been a proper shift. I don’t think players have ever lacked effort for their manager. 

Who knows whether this will be a turning point or just delaying the inevitable but who cares. I’m just going to enjoy a win away at a big club, doesn’t happen very often. People seem genuinely annoyed that we’ve won. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 2

Some great posts here but what a difference one result makes; especially when it’s away at Chelsea. 

It seems we need to adapt our approach to the team we’re playing rather more than we have. Playing one way is not the answer for us. Teams can only do that when they’re much better than the opposition but we’re not. If Puel can become more pragmatic he has a chance of survival.

Edited by Mr Weller

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

On another day chelsea score three.  We've had games where weve drawn or lost inspite of a hatfull of chances. We took our goal and we did create enough chances. ... maybe as the game progresseed they snatched at their chances.   We did s grest job and rode our luck. Good stuff.  

On another day we score 3 as well, ndidi and Albrighton had good chances saved

We’ll hallelujah!  We found our Balls again and didn’t let up on chelski even for 1 minute.

the quality of footy in the 2nd Is what we all want to see.  Can’t ever undervalue how important high intensity is to our game.

the lead up to vardy’s Goal was class.

everyone played out of their skins.

sure we got lucky with the ball not going in for Chelski a few times but hey fortune favors the brave and we were braver today.  

Puel deserves a few more games & if they are wins like today than he should stay IMO.

COYF

1 hour ago, pSinatra said:

Couldn't be prouder.

Rode our luck a little, but we were excellent

There are a lot of games our defense rides its luck, but this game felt like there was less of that than usual, at least in the 2H, seemed like far fewer quality opportunities for Chelsea after halftime.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I know some people still won't be happy today or convinced about Puel, but I hope they can realise that today, in isolation, he's done superbly.

Tactically matched Chelsea and clearly had a plan to perhaps soak up and contain in the first half and play like we have nothing to lose in the 2nd half, and it paid off. Choudhury again turned up. Plays beyond his years, sometimes and to do it twice in a week shows he's confident and perhaps ready for more first team football...

Very happy with the defence, too. Schmeichel making some key saves, good blocks by the players in front of him. From the 2nd half starting we took the game to Chelsea and showed we can be brave and it paid off, fortunately! We got them rattled and they started panicking. They became sloppy in possession because of the pressure we were putting on them. We seemed quicker and hungrier. 

Gotta give credit to Puel for that victory as much as the players (no doubt that's hard for some to do). Not playing Vardy in midweek and risking his injury is justified. Bit of squad rotation is also justified from Tuesday to today.

Just need to find that consistency and perhaps he'll find people turning towards him and lending their support to him again, me included. After the Palace defeat that tipped me over the edge that he should go but if he can get the players playing like they did today in that 2nd half more regularly, then I don't see how anyone can have complaints. To go to London, for us, and come away with 3 points is a rarity (over two years since last done!) is a big achievement. Especially so when you do it with a clean sheet against a side that hasn't lost at home in 8 months, and against a quality side like Chelsea with the talent they have.

Enjoyable 3 points! 

I for one have no problem saying well done to Claude Puel today, let’s hope it’s the start of a good run. :appl:

• Like 2