Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea 0 - 1 Leicester Post Match

Just now, peach0000 said:

Reading through all the comments the same people who were saying Puel our last week are saying Puel in this. Just making the point that one result does not make a manager. Throughout the last few months I’ve seen enough for one result not to change my mind.

Is there not a thread on the manager and the whole embarrassing in and out debate? We just beat Chelsea away just ****ing enjoy it man these are the moments to savour!!!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jet-plane said:

Don’t judge every performance, by the result.

Sometimes you get the breaks, sometimes you don’t.

Don't forget we scored from our only decent chance.

Players were poor first half, despite Puel setting us up well.

Got goal at right time and they changed shape which suited us no end, but despite this, they could easily have had 2 better breaks resulting in the goals that would see massively contrasting posts on here.

One improved half, isn’t enough to forget the drivel we are bring served up too often.

Puel Out still.

Bet you are great to be with on Christmas day. Bah humbug!

1 hour ago, Crispin LA said:

Southampton just scored, playing high pressing counterattacking football and Leicester gave it up for boring possession football! 

You’re right, beating Huddersfield away is much better than Chelsea away! :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Is there not a thread on the manager and the whole embarrassing in and out debate? We just beat Chelsea away just ****ing enjoy it man these are the moments to savour!!!

There doesn’t seem much to savour though. If you make enough changes then eventually you’ll get lucky. That doesn’t change the general direction of the club. There’s very few positives that can be taken from one result after such a poor run.

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yes I believe the joke thread is void of any puel in/out comments  ???

Edited by justfoxes

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

There doesn’t seem much to savour though. If you make enough changes then eventually you’ll get lucky. That doesn’t change the general direction of the club. There’s very few positives that can be taken from one result after such a poor run.

1. Super goal

2. Clean sheet

3. Superb performance from Chilwell

4. Back up to 9th

How many would you like?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I know some people still won't be happy today or convinced about Puel, but I hope they can realise that today, in isolation, he's done superbly.

Tactically matched Chelsea and clearly had a plan to perhaps soak up and contain in the first half and play like we have nothing to lose in the 2nd half, and it paid off. Choudhury again turned up. Plays beyond his years, sometimes and to do it twice in a week shows he's confident and perhaps ready for more first team football...

Very happy with the defence, too. Schmeichel making some key saves, good blocks by the players in front of him. From the 2nd half starting we took the game to Chelsea and showed we can be brave and it paid off, fortunately! We got them rattled and they started panicking. They became sloppy in possession because of the pressure we were putting on them. We seemed quicker and hungrier. 

Gotta give credit to Puel for that victory as much as the players (no doubt that's hard for some to do). Not playing Vardy in midweek and risking his injury is justified. Bit of squad rotation is also justified from Tuesday to today.

Just need to find that consistency and perhaps he'll find people turning towards him and lending their support to him again, me included. After the Palace defeat that tipped me over the edge that he should go but if he can get the players playing like they did today in that 2nd half more regularly, then I don't see how anyone can have complaints. To go to London, for us, and come away with 3 points is a rarity (over two years since last done!) is a big achievement. Especially so when you do it with a clean sheet against a side that hasn't lost at home in 8 months, and against a quality side like Chelsea with the talent they have.

Enjoyable 3 points! 

Great post but I fear you're a tad optimistic here as they'll call for his head the very next time we lose. I'm now firmly convinced that he's never been accepted by these people from the beginning and never will be unless he wins the league.

Today was a fantastic performance, the signs are there but we won't play like this every week, that would make us title contenders. Consistency is the key but you need some time to settle in and players like Choudhury, Ricardo, Chilwell, Soyuncu will only reveal their full potential the next season and I don't think he'll be there to reap what he sowed.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, jet-plane said:

Don’t judge every performance, by the result.

Sometimes you get the breaks, sometimes you don’t.

Don't forget we scored from our only decent chance.

Players were poor first half, despite Puel setting us up well.

Got goal at right time and they changed shape which suited us no end, but despite this, they could easily have had 2 better breaks resulting in the goals that would see massively contrasting posts on here.

One improved half, isn’t enough to forget the drivel we are bring served up too often.

Puel Out still.

Boo hoo, we got a single great chance away at Stamford Bridge and we took it and won, therefore we should sack the manager.

Total delusion of grandeur.

3 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Great post but I fear you're a tad optimistic here as they'll call for his head the very next time we lose. I'm now firmly convinced that he's never been accepted by these people from the beginning and never will unless he wins the league.

Today was a fantastic performance, the signs are there but we won't play like this every week, that would make us title contenders. Consistency is the key but you need some time to settle in and players like Choudhury, Ricardo, Chilwell, Soyuncu will only reveal their full potential the next season and I don't think he'll be there to reap and he sowed.

Admittedly optimistic, true :D.

Agree about the second bit though - I think some would rather we lose every game, sadly, just so Puel goes. Such a weird logic to have. Can't be a proper 'supporter' if you think like that. Literally the opposite of 'supporting' lol 

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Yeah but it’s still only one game in a run of very poor results. It’s important not to get carried away.

Do you ever enjoy a win, regardless of form?

• Like 3

We should not fall into the trap of one (Frankly great away) performance being used to justify or deny any particular view on the manager

it was a good result, some extremely pleasing performances. Let’s keep it going.

personally I hope he stay and always have (mostly) but perspective needed from all parties.

GREAT GREAT RESULT.

Another Midfield Three for Christmas please Santa.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

For the most part yes, I understand if you have a difficult away game or a cup tie to rest players but I absolutely don’t condone 2 to 3 changes every game especially after a win!

Fair enough. Just prefer the right personnel to be gauged per game, taking into account their fitness and perceived suitability.