Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea 0 - 1 Leicester Post Match

Loved our performance today... Chelsea had by my count four quality chances, we had three, but hey, it's a make or miss game, you have to take your chances. Though Hazard may stroike the ball as hard as anyone I've ever seen, those two shots at Kasper at the 32 minute mark (when Maguire made an error and let the ball get past him somehow so Hazard had an open shot on goal) and then at the 58 minute mark when Hazard shot from Kasper's right from a tough angle, Kasper could barely get his hands up in time for either shot, glad to see them miss the mark.Then obvious Rudiger's header and Alonso's shot in stoppage.

We obv had at least 3 quality opportunities, Ndidi's strike and Vardy's backheel were real chances for us. We need more, but that defense, WOW. I want to see more off this 4-3-3, or at least, I want to see Choudhury paired with Ndidi and Mendy, it really seemed to frustrate the fuch outta Chelsea. 

Great week of play considering the opposition, basically a 90 min draw vs. Man City then a win at Chelsea... we are hearinga ton of Puel out, but the way this team plays against the top teams in th eleague tells us this is a player effort situation. Perhaps they haven't wholly bought in, perhaps they prefer the matches against the better teams bc we can sit back and play on the counter bc of how aggressive these teams are, IDK precisely. 

I will say we need a proven goal-scorer in January and we have reached the point we genuinely need to consider recalling Barnes, pairing him with Maddison may be what we need to start breaking down the stacked boxes of the league's lesser lights.

Strategically, I absolutely love that 3-man midfield when on the road against the better teams, adding Choudhury may well slam the door on teams if we get the lead against them.

I do wonder what a healthy Vardy and swapping out Albrighton for Barnes at RW would look like in a 433. I also wonder what a 352 would look like with Choudhury at MF --  we'd need a healthy Maguire for balance there though I reckon, and that formation would be a lot more formidable with Soyuncu and Benkovic if they are up to snuff.

• Like 3

Great result! but my god wernt we lucky to get away with a win, Chelsea are relentless. 1st half to me ruined this games surprising result. Yes we won.. but we surely are lacking quality and a 90min performance. Chelsea completely dominated us and Vardy not getting any service was a joke. It is a sharp reminder with how far behind the squad is right now. I do love how hard they are trying though and the defence was working their socks off, except Inheanacho.... who im beginning to get frustrated with this season.

• Like 2

We’ve generally played well against the top 6 away from home since Puel took over, but have had nothing to show for it. Feels good to finally a result to enjoy.

I think the performance was too negative in the first half, but brilliant in the second. Certainly puts to bed to rumours that the players are trying to get him sacked. The work rate was incredible.

I’ll be honest, it doesn’t little to change my opinion on Puel as we know we are capable of playing on the counter. It’s the matches against the teams outside of the top 6 that bother me. However he has to take a lot of credit for today’s result.

• Like 3

I understand the criticisms of our first half defensive game plan as opposed to our more energetic, counter attacking style in the second half, but do people really expect us to play that more energetic style for 90 mins?

Maybe Claude understands that we can't and that we're at our best when we produce those short spells of high intensity. For us to do that and give us our best chance of a result, we have to weather the storm defensively in the first half of matches.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ithuriel said:

oh jog on, do not tell me what my opinions on football or anything should be, if you do not like what is said then ignore me as I am now through  with listening to your shit you bell end.

You actually bothered reading his deranged, rambling, nonsensical posts? Why?

• Like 1

The key for me were our two full backs - absolutely immense today. Midfield, even Ndidi, played and battled well, with Choudhury spoiling it for Hazard as much as possible. Shout out for Kasper for that really brilliant save in the second half. 

Cracking move for the goal with clinical finish by Vardy. 

Also not conceding as usual in the period just before half time helped all the players come out in the second half and start to play much more positively. 

All in in all plenty of positives today and we deserved the win.

On the tube back spoke to a few Chelsea fans who had no complaints and said good away performance. Pretty critical of their team taking too long to get the ball forward allowing us to regroup on quite a few occasions. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Never thought id say this but do i love wood. :ph34r:That post saved us big time there.

Best birthday present i could ask for (well 24th..).

I think they made from Aluminium now cut from Aluminium Tree Forest's in Scandinavia.. but I get your point.

• Haha 1

Both full backs were sensational today, but Ricardo's performance was a bit special.

The mobility of Choudhury made a big difference, he is very good at quickly closing down space and his positional awareness is also good. I'd have no qualms with him starting in a 2.

Great win. Strange how the pattern of the game was given we were under the cosh first half, but Alonso's chance aside, we were rarely threatened after we scored.

Edited by martyn

Would it be wild to say that’s a perfect away performance today? He’s played three clogging midfielders and nicked a goal, I think Puel (on the face of it) deserves a bit of credit. However, we also rode our luck at times but you need that to beat the heavyweights. I’m ****ing made up lads. Merry Christmas! :thumbup::scarf:

What tha facccckkin (london talk see what i did there?! lol) eck !

Won at stamford bridge! Gtfi!

Took my boys on a 2 an a half hour journey to thursford today so listened to the game on RL and then talk sport on when the first half ended and RL was out of range. Nearly wobbled off the a47 celebrating at the wheel when talksport said vardy had smashed one in lol and then hearing palace smashing man city as well. What a fkin day! 

3 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

You think it’s healthy making 2 3 4 or 5 changes every match? Pick your settled best 11 and stick until it needs changing! Bit of a silly question that!

That's old days thinking!!!  Look at all the top teams they are flexable,even with guaranteed quality ,they are always swapping and changing...

Hey no major critic,it takes time for me to click into what's happening every 2-3 seasons.We turn a convenient blind eye what happens,with other

Teams...when they are winning,nobody/outsiders says too much,but when they are struggling or performances are below expectations,then media

and home fans,want to look for excuses or someone or something to blame...

We are still trying to find a stable selection,because injuries were quite heavy,and quite a few players were inconsistent in their first roles,we are seeing

Coaching staff and Puel trying to find and tune the team,with some of our big buys,not fulfilling their expected potential.

I thought Ndidi had one of his better games,but he was an automatic  first choice who was really struggling where some were questioning his selection...

Puel was forced into many changes because of the above. But look into the positives which players are now finding their feet ,and despite earlier

critic ,are now getting the plaudits...

I was happy to see Choudry get the nod,and I thought the selection of him,Mendy,and Ndidi was a good choice....Because let's be honest our midfield

or front 6 have really struggled,so change,of player or tactics just needed to be tinkered with!!!