Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea 0 - 1 Leicester Post Match

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

Great result! but my god wernt we lucky to get away with a win, Chelsea are relentless. 1st half to me ruined this games surprising result. Yes we won.. but we surely are lacking quality and a 90min performance. Chelsea completely dominated us and Vardy not getting any service was a joke. It is a sharp reminder with how far behind the squad is right now. I do love how hard they are trying though and the defence was working their socks off, except Inheanacho.... who im beginning to get frustrated with this season.

I wouldn't say they completely dominated... we had a great 2nd half, and they didn't have many high quality chances, though they certainly closed strong. Certainly I agree we were lucky to see that ball strike the post in stoppage time, don't get me wrong, but they struggled to find ways to get good shots the entire match despite their possession. Today had the feel of a game during our title season.

1 hour ago, duk3nuk3m said:

I understand the criticisms of our first half defensive game plan as opposed to our more energetic, counter attacking style in the second half, but do people really expect us to play that more energetic style for 90 mins?

Maybe Claude understands that we can't and that we're at our best when we produce those short spells of high intensity. For us to do that and give us our best chance of a result, we have to weather the storm defensively in the first half of matches.

Very astute observation. You'll note Pep has gotten a fair bit of criticism for his style of play wearing down his players despite how obviously effective it is. When we play the 4231 our wings certainly need to conserve their energy for stretches, it looks almost built into our gameplan at times, slowing things down to catch our breath so we can go some more. Except Claude is desperate to see more from our side to start matches, so whether or not there is truth to this, it is also the case that we are not firing when he wants us firing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Ricardo is ****ing mint.

Seriously one of the best right backs in the league. After getting found out the hard way defensively earlier in the season, he now looks imperious.

https://streamja.com/1KZ2

The goal is here. In one passage of play, Ricardo wins the ball back, drives at three players, pulls of a "chop" to beat his man, and plays a great pass into Maddison. Class  :appl:!

****ing love him. Been in my ff team since week 1 and hasnt been dropped. His old fans were mad when their club sold him. Can see why. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smr said:

****ing love him. Been in my ff team since week 1 and hasnt been dropped. His old fans were mad when their club sold him. Can see why. 

What was excellent in this win,with the goal,it wasn't a fluke,or jammy...it was a well worked goal,from 2 young prospects,and and experienced head,

Who had some of the unknowledgeable  part of the fan base ,questioning their right to be selected...

Great moment as Vardy came off...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

What was excellent in this win,with the goal,it wasn't a fluke,or jammy...it was a well worked goal,from 2 young prospects,and and experienced head,

Who had some of the unknowledgeable  part of the fan base ,questioning their right to be selected...

Think you need to calm down mate,you come across as over zealous and passive aggressive!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Have you just come back from the pub after an all dayer?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

When you think the situation has become as bizarre as you think it can get, as hard to put your finger on as it can be, so that you think "I'll wait and see what happens", you're somehow met with this realisation that it's only just getting started.

How on earth have we just gone and won at Chelsea?

Puel's best result here by a mile for me. He got it right today. There were so many things in that performance that have been missing too frequently under him and the fact it's been pulled out the bag in a fixture like that just makes the situation all the more baffling.

I'm not convinced by him at all as quite frankly its one game, but you really do wonder where the hell that's been.

Fantastic result and we should savour it. We're lucky to get one of those a season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

When you think the situation has become as bizarre as you think it can get, as hard to put your finger on as it can be, so that you think "I'll wait and see what happens", you're somehow met with this realisation that it's only just getting started.

How on earth have we just gone and won at Chelsea?

Puel's best result here by a mile for me. He got it right today. There were so many things in that performance that have been missing too frequently under him and the fact it's been pulled out the bag in a fixture like that just makes the situation all the more baffling.

I'm not convinced by him at all as quite frankly its one game, but you really do wonder where the hell that's been.

Fantastic result and we should savour it. We're lucky to get one of those a season.

Is that (other than Spurs the other week) not been entirely typical of our games under him against the big boys. The result might be different but our best football has pretty much exclusively been played against the better teams.

It's against others who commit more defensively that we tend to struggle and look slow and ponderous. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Hard to say who’s more distressed this morning - most of FT or John Percy.

Another stupid post,everyone even Puel outers want us to win every game,there may be the odd muppet who says otherwise in the heat of the moment but I’m sure they celebrate a win like everyone else,it’s also a very fickle view point as if an opinions going to change after one game! We’ve had several false dawns under Puel already.

5 hours ago, peach0000 said:

One result won’t change my opinion. Puel still needs to go. 

I think it is certainly worth sticking with it, we are bound to be absolute pants very shortly. :thumbup:

It is hard for everybody to cope with these 'chalk n cheese' performances, and I am more of a weak Puel-in than the firm Puel-in I was a month ago, due to some of the recent games. I think he is still in trouble, and we desperately need to show some consistency.

30 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Another stupid post,everyone even Puel outers want us to win every game,there may be the odd muppet who says otherwise in the heat of the moment but I’m sure they celebrate a win like everyone else,it’s also a very fickle view point as if an opinions going to change after one game! We’ve had several false dawns under Puel already.

You say you want us to win every game, yet you write off games like these before a ball has even been kicked. Every single “Puel Outter” has been saying “we’re top 10 now but we’ve got a shit run where we’ll get no points and then we’ll be fighting for relegation”. Not one of you has even thought for a second that we could beat Chelsea or City or even Everton. As well as that you all thought that palace should have been a guaranteed 3 points and say puel deserved the sack for not beating them. Now that you’ve seen us beat Chelsea and Crystal Palace beat Man City you might start to think before writing off all of our games and placing us in a relegation battle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

You say you want us to win every game, yet you write off games like these before a ball has even been kicked. Every single “Puel Outter” has been saying “we’re top 10 now but we’ve got a shit run where we’ll get no points and then we’ll be fighting for relegation”. Not one of you has even thought for a second that we could beat Chelsea or City or even Everton. As well as that you all thought that palace should have been a guaranteed 3 points and say puel deserved the sack for not beating them. Now that you’ve seen us beat Chelsea and Crystal Palace beat Man City you might start to think before writing off all of our games and placing us in a relegation battle.

Think you are tarring everyone with the same brush there,it’s not defeats that annoy me it’s the manner of them under Puel,I’ve been Puel out since End of January and nothing I have seen since as changed my mind! I don’t react per Every game,should an upturn in results performances and none erratic team selections with so many unnecessary changes per game ensue then I may reconsider.

1 minute ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Think you are tarring everyone with the same brush there,it’s not defeats that annoy me it’s the manner of them under Puel,I’ve been Puel out since End of January and nothing I have seen since as changed my mind! I don’t react per Every game,should an upturn in results performances and none erratic team selections with so many unnecessary changes per game ensue then I may reconsider.

Serious question, you said the team was relegation material with or without Puel because we'd not invested in enough good players and we had a poor squad. You repeated that several times, so it wasn't a particularly throw away heat of the moment comment.

If you meant what you said, surely if that was the case you can cut him some slack as the team is over performing against your expectations and that you must have  expected some poor performances if you thought the squad was that bad?

• Like 1