Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea 0 - 1 Leicester Post Match

Been saying it for weeks - there's an awful lot to be optimistic about in this young team, and in a manager brave enough to take risks. Like putting in Hamza at Chelsea away. And persisting with Ricardo at RB.

The confidence from this win is priceless. Entertaining though, reading all these posts of people still finding reasons why Puel's got it all wrong..,

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stoopid said:

Been saying it for weeks - there's an awful lot to be optimistic about in this young team, and in a manager brave enough to take risks. Like putting in Hamza at Chelsea away. And persisting with Ricardo at RB.

The confidence from this win is priceless. Entertaining though, reading all these posts of people still finding reasons why Puel's got it all wrong..,

Some of decisions in short term do look "stoopid", but look at how his persistence with Chilwell has paid off for example. 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Some of decisions in short term do look "stoopid", but look at how his persistence with Chilwell has paid off for example. 

Totally. And Puel deserves a lot of credit for his willingness to bring young players through. Let's face it, credit he doesn't always get.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Well, I guess only time will tell.

Just now, Stoopid said:

Totally. And Puel deserves a lot of credit for his willingness to bring young players through. Let's face it, credit he doesn't always get.

Exactly.

He deserves some of the critisicm he gets as some of his decisions are bewildering at times. But a fair few he makes are great in the long run. 

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Interesting from Vardy at the end of our match of the day segment... he says "That's what happens when you..." but can't make out the last word lol 

Excuse the replastering lol ... 

Could be tell maddison thats what happen when you give me to ball early, as he had a opportunity to do so in the first half and didn't play the ball. i would imagine Vardy would have given him a few word at half-time as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Well, I guess only time will tell.

Absolutely. I just hope Puel's given time,

i admit it's hard to watch at times and we can lflounder, but I think the direction we're going in is positive and actually quite exciting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Leicester's James Maddison has created 41 goalscoring chances in the Premier League this season, more than any other English player, one that fly in the face of us having no creativity.

Creat all you like but if you have no end product it means nothing. Playing one up front says it all.

Football fans are fickle and we are no different. I have changed my mind regularly over Puel. Then I think back to Pearson and the great escape and Dyche at Burnley,albeit they are struggling at the moment. Invariably too many changes in management does not work and in both cars above they kept faith and the club have prospered.

We have just lost our owner. The team from 2016 needed overhauling and there is no quick fix.

Personally I will be behind Puel until there is a good reason to all for change.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Creat all you like but if you have no end product it means nothing. Playing one up front says it all.

How many top sides play more than one striker unless it’s 4-3-3 ??

having just two in the middle when you have attacking full backs is going to leave you very exposed ....

would still like to see us 3 at the back 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've gotta say i'm surprised though, especially being successful playing in that style, I mean I thought we'd been found out and couldn't play that way anymore.. :giggle:

We can't only play that way. We've still been playing counter attacking football all season (hence why prior to the spurs game we'd scored the most counters in the division - not checked the stats since) but we need to be comfortable moving the ball around and opening up sides that will come to defend first, second and third (like you'd expect Cardiff to do next week) 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Yes let's forget we were very fortunate with Hazard smashing it against the crossbar and the last gasp shot that beat Kasper and hit the upright and rolled across the goal mouth.

Back to your 'nothing to do with Puel' argument. 

Why change the subject when you were doing really well with that one? 

25 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Leicester's James Maddison has created 41 goalscoring chances in the Premier League this season, more than any other English player, one that fly in the face of us having no creativity.

40 of those for Iheanacho no doubt!... God he's awful.. Prefer Musa over him anytime. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Hard to say who’s more distressed this morning - most of FT or John Percy.

I’d actually go as far to say that John Percy is probably the least biase football reporter with no agenda, constantly reports breaking news before anybody else and it’s always correct, it’s common knowledge that he is trusted by members of the playing staff, bit harsh to compare John with people on here.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

What are you on about? We just beat Chelsea away and even in the first half I decided after all the talk in the press Puel is not the issue.

Everyone keeps getting proved wrong. Saying not playing Vardz in the cup is stupid because  we couldnt possibly get anything from Chelsea- if you thought that you havent been watching us properly. We have been in all games this season

Your savaging a manager who is positive for us.  Suddenly this Christmas run doesnt seem so portentous does it?

• Like 1

Fantastic result yesterday! Well played and huge effort from the boys! Got a bit fortunate with their finishing at times! But thats football. Woopdidoo! I do hope we can kick on from here, itll be interesting to see if we can breakdown teams who know to sit back against!