Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea 0 - 1 Leicester Post Match

5 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

What are you on about? We just beat Chelsea away and even in the first half I decided after all the talk in the press Puel is not the issue.

Everyone keeps getting proved wrong. Saying not playing Vardz in the cup is stupid because  we couldnt possibly get anything from Chelsea- if you thought that you havent been watching us properly. We have been in all games this season

Your savaging a manager who is positive for us.  Suddenly this Christmas run doesnt seem so portentous does it?

Puel has definitely made some bizarre  descisions in other games. Just because we played a blinder that doesnt cover up some of the shit hes served up against lower teams, negative football. But hes did it right yesterday and well done to him.

11 hours ago, kyleolly said:

But Ricardo was useless for the first few months of the season #liability lol

And I would like to place on record that I believe that only a world class coach, in the shape of Puel, could have developed him to become the outstanding right back he is today…

FTFY :P

Edited by Wolfox

6 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I disagree that bizarre decisions characterises his reign here. Maybe there are some decision that you and I dont know the full reasons why they were made, could be they are not bizarre at all.

Yes he's made a few unexpected ones, but overall what he's been doing has made sense to me

Ok then overly cautious, negative football against lower end teams. Not scoring anything and then getting caught out constantly. Might work against a team who comes at you for 90mins like chelsea but puel has struggled to find a way to beat not so attacking  teams. Im not trying to find a negative from a positive here, Puel did well yesterday and Im pleased for him!

Edited by bfox

I remember getting the team news on the way to the Wolves league game, and seeing Mendy picked caught me out. That seemed totally bizarre at the time, but that seems to be working out well. 

Sometimes, I guess we just have to wait and see. I agree we've seen some really tepid football lately, but a performance such as yesterday is surely a positive indicator of better possibilities ahead, rather than a reason to get angry that we don't (yet) do it enough?

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

I’d actually go as far to say that John Percy is probably the least biase football reporter with no agenda, constantly reports breaking news before anybody else and it’s always correct, it’s common knowledge that he is trusted by members of the playing staff, bit harsh to compare John with people on here.

Said it a few times this season, but he's taken a negative stance quite a few times now, needlessly as well.

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

What are you on about? We just beat Chelsea away and even in the first half I decided after all the talk in the press Puel is not the issue.

Everyone keeps getting proved wrong. Saying not playing Vardz in the cup is stupid because  we couldnt possibly get anything from Chelsea- if you thought that you havent been watching us properly. We have been in all games this season

Your savaging a manager who is positive for us.  Suddenly this Christmas run doesnt seem so portentous does it?

No, but getting your knickers wet over one win and forgetting the other results do seem portentous.

Many have been very critical of our recruitment lately but surely we can all agree that Maddison and Ricardo have been great signings. Add to that Johnny Evans and Danny Ward are very solid signings. We've not seen enough of Caglar to really form a fair opinion. Our summer recruitment was decent if you ask me. Just need a couple of attacking options. 

• Like 1

Ricardo was phenomenal yesterday. He's really grown into his defensive but he brings an explosive athleticism and box of tricks going forwards. He's a brilliant acquisition for us. A nod to the academy graduates Chilwell and Hamza who both did us really proud yesterday and to Vardy for burying that chance but the whole team were disciplined and executed the game play perfectly. I think Puel deserves immense credit for the last two games. We've taken City to penalties and beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. It's not even so much the results that are encouraging, but more importantly on both occasions the team was set up very well and on both occasions we showed a lot of fight and passion. We played some great stuff yesterday and you could feel the buzz off the players.

Good celebrations in the away end too and I even liked the grey and yellow santa hat more than I thought I would lol Jingle fvcking bells!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

No, but getting your knickers wet over one win and forgetting the other results do seem portentous.

Yeah, but i say we've had maybe 3 tops definitively bad results this season. And we've had some bad injuries amd suspensions, so my knickers are sopping wet due to the overall season. Honestly im basically paddling around the house

• Like 1

Just now, LCCFox96 said:

Ricardo was phenomenal yesterday. He's really grown into his defensive but he brings an explosive athleticism and box of tricks going forwards. He's a brilliant acquisition for us. A nod to the academy graduates Chilwell and Hamza who both did us really proud yesterday and to Vardy for burying that chance but the whole team were disciplined and executed the game play perfectly. I think Puel deserves immense credit for the last two games. We've taken City to penalties and beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. It's not even so much the results that are encouraging, but more importantly on both occasions the team was set up very well and on both occasions we showed a lot of fight and passion. We played some great stuff yesterday and you could feel the buzz off the players.

Good celebrations in the away end too and I even liked the grey and yellow santa hat more than I thought I would lol Jingle fvcking bells!

This is very true and it is an added dimension on the right that even Mahrez, for all his strengths, lacked.  Riccardo has athleticism, workrate and an engine that Mahrez will never have.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Many have been very critical of our recruitment lately but surely we can all agree that Maddison and Ricardo have been great signings. Add to that Johnny Evans and Danny Ward are very solid signings. We've not seen enough of Caglar to really form a fair opinion. Our summer recruitment was decent if you ask me. Just need a couple of attacking options. 

And Benkovic. Yes he's doing it in the Scottish League, but there are too many Celtic fans going absolutely ga-ga over him for it to be all hype. They've seen VVD in the same league, against the same quality of oppo, and are making very complimentary comparisons. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

How many top sides play more than one striker unless it’s 4-3-3 ??

having just two in the middle when you have attacking full backs is going to leave you very exposed ....

would still like to see us 3 at the back 

Chelsea dont play any .. Just the false no 9 bs .. so yeah 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, yks said:

It's funny how the Puel out group made up the fact that Puel only want us to play slow-rythm possession football 100% of the times of all the games and are mad at him for it.
Then, we regularly switch style during games depending on the opposition and the dynamics of the game, but instead of understanding that they were just wrong in the first place, they just keep bashing that on him as a proof "his style" isn't working and invent stories of players suddenly deciding to play the way they want.
It's truly fascinating.

I honestly think that were he English and jumped around a bit on the touchline he'd be given much more slack. Some people genuinely have issues with him for valid reasons but lots simply don't like him for numerous made up reasons and want him to fail. Confirmation bias a plenty on here. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 4

He's clearly not a motivator a la MON, but thinks himself probably far more of a tactician and deep thinker about the game. It seems first half we just absorb pressure and then take the game to the opposition in the second 45. Hence the reason our second half goals not conceded is top three or four in the division. If we score early as per Watford at home, we shut up shop for the last 60 minutes. 

I am sure that he tries to put out a team to win each match, but his priority is clearly the league and three cup quarter finals have been sacrificed. He also clearly has favourites, Ghezzal for instance and those he doesn't like, Silva and King.

I am not keen on his defensive side ways style of football, but we need stability, so content to see him remain for the time being. I have just factored in that in the last 20 or so games remaining, many will be low key boring "end of season"affairs. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

John Percy is not biased towards or against us. He's a Forest fan but not one of those who hates us or anything. He used to write for lcfc publications and from a professional point of view he wants us to do well. As I've often said, he's very well connected inside the club - perhaps more so than any other national journalist and way more than anyone on a local level. If we were in a European spot and in the Cup semis he'd be a damn sight happier than our current predicament. I appreciate some think "it's all about website clicks" but he doesn't post stuff for the sake of it or to deliberately rabble rouse. I appreciate some of our fanbase doesn't wish to believe anything negative connected to the club, even when it's true. Yesterday was a terrific result - admittedly helped by some poor Chelsea finishing - but don't let that completely mask some deeper, concerning issues inside the club. Maybe we'll now kick on from that win and everyone will be happy, even us who have doubts about Puel.

Is Percy better connected than Tanner of the Mercury Geoff ? ...

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He's better connected than all of us IMHO.

Had this confirmed by a respective colleague of his. 

I don’t wanna be on a downer either; this is someone whose fought Puel’s corner and enjoyed yesterday immensely. However the behaviour on the bench between Puel and his staff looked extremely strained.