Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dorkingfox

Celtic Fans

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

of theJust a repeat,...still an high income(maybe their top earner), but with guaranteed honours....

Why do you think, Oneil,Lennon,Rodgers,.and Larrson and some before them,went there,not because of the money!!!

The managers went their for an easy ride I should imagine.

On the other hand Larrson was one of the most baffling things I've ever

seen in football … in his prime years he was one of the best players in

World football and chose to spend them in Scotland ?

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Just a repeat,...still an high income(maybe their top earner), but with guaranteed honours....

Why do you think, Oneil,Lennon,Rodgers,.and Larrson and some before them,went there,not because of the money!!!

As others have said, football has changed hugely since then. There wasn't as much money around for teams like us when the likes of O Neill and Lennon left. And Larsson wasn't hugely well known when they signed him. The fact Moussa Dembele was on the verge of joining Brighton before he joined Lyon speaks volumes. Add the fact VVD and Armstrong both left Celtic to play for Southampton, who weren't Europe at the time also speaks volumes. Celtic have to rely on getting players who are either reasonably unknown or aren't wanted by teams in the prem. They can't sign any good players from prem teams anymore as they simply can't afford either the transfer fee or the wages. I'm not disputing they have a rich history and a huge fan base but money talks in football, which is why Celtic are being and will continue to be left behind. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You're not racist. Probably not Xenophobic either. Just a D!ck!

As a Scot and a Leicester fan since 98/99.... It's a bit of a kick in the bawz to see some of your attitudes towards us "Stupid Jocks"..... That's st!t i'd expect from Chelsea or Spurs fans.... I thought we as a fan base were better than that. 

I just don't like the attitude of Scottish fans towards English teams and the English national team. I dont dislike Scottish people, so apologies if I offended you. I like Scotland and Scottish people, just can't stand the majority of Scottish football fans. 

20 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm not a Scottish football fan mate and truth be told, I'm not a big fan of Scottish football fans myself. It was the fans that pushed me away from the club I supported as a boy. I don't understand what you mean about their attitudes towards the English game though man. Pretty much every Scottish football fan I know has an "English team" that they follow. We Scots hold know love for the English National team, I can't deny that but in terms of the game itself down there, its widely followed up here. 

I could turn that around on English fans though. 90% of English football fans look down their nose at the game up here AND it's national team so it's a bit hypocritical to say you don't like their attitude. 

Cheers for the apology though man. Like I say,Scottish fans are ridiculous in many ways I just don't like how many on here seem to translate that to Scots in general. 

Yes I hear what you're saying. I personally always supported the home nations when they have played but have gone off supporting Scotland cos of the absolute nonsense that comes from a large majority of Scottish fans. But you're right, English fans do belittle Scottish football but you have to admit, it is garbage. Can understand why some Scottish people would choose to follow English teams. Anyway, merry Christmas mate and apologies for any offence caused. 

• Like 1

We are a fvcking great club and we’re going places, but one thing Celtic have over us is the fans ability to connect with players and make them feel wanted.

Not sure we’ve quite had players for years now who would claim we have that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You're not racist. Probably not Xenophobic either. Just a D!ck!

As a Scot and a Leicester fan since 98/99.... It's a bit of a kick in the bawz to see some of your attitudes towards us "Stupid Jocks"..... That's st!t i'd expect from Chelsea or Spurs fans.... I thought we as a fan base were better than that. 

I was raised in Coatbridge myself and my Dad still lives there. I'm not a fan of little Englanders myself, first match was to see Celtic. 

• Like 1

If social media was a barometer for anything relating to the popularity of Football Clubs, little old Leicester has some impressive numbers.........

Official Sites:     Instagram:     Foxes 2,5M      Celtic 324k      Twitter: Foxes 1.27m followers Celtic 599K  followers Facebook: Foxes 6.6M following Celtic 1,954m following,

Means nothing of course, but interesting to see the power and reach of the EPL,

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Yes I hear what you're saying. I personally always supported the home nations when they have played but have gone off supporting Scotland cos of the absolute nonsense that comes from a large majority of Scottish fans. But you're right, English fans do belittle Scottish football but you have to admit, it is garbage. Can understand why some Scottish people would choose to follow English teams. Anyway, merry Christmas mate and apologies for any offence caused. 

Merry Xmas to yerself bud. Hope you have a good one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KFS said:

We are a fvcking great club and we’re going places, but one thing Celtic have over us is the fans ability to connect with players and make them feel wanted.

Not sure we’ve quite had players for years now who would claim we have that. 

I would disagree with this, Kasper and Vardy are adored and I think they know it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

I would disagree with this, Kasper and Vardy are adored and I think they know it.

Maybe for those left from the title win. Someone like Maguire it feels a bit more awkward when in interviews he says about the fans being great, seems more like a party line from him and others.

See your point about Vardy and Kasper.

2 hours ago, z-layrex said:

As is Wes. I know a fair few have slated him over the past year but he's out title winning captain and is loved by the vast majority of Leicester fans. 

• Like 1

On 23/12/2018 at 17:40, RODNEY FERNIO said:

They are a very big club in fairness with a huge fan base .. average home attendance this year around 58,000.

Problem they've got is that they play in  Micky Mouse league that pays little money.

And long may that last.

One disabled tweets a low hypothetical offer and now there’s two pages on here going “f ucking jocks ha ha wank football worth more than that it’s Sunday league haha celtic no bigger than Swansea jocks haha”

Imagine if we were judged on the opinions  of some our dickheads on Twitter 

• Like 1