Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Ghezzal....

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Good post, another thing to take into consideration of the remaining 257 at least a 100 of them are where he has came on with 10-20 minutes to play in 4 or 5 games... you can expect a player to do much coming on in those situations.

which makes the bashing even worse, I think we should give him a bit more time he's never going to rip the league up but does have some quality, i'm sure he has played Nacho and Vardy in at least 3 times in matches which could have changed the outcome. 

He has, hit the bar against Burnley as well, on top of creating the penno against Cardiff. Fine margins really between having a really positive impact and winning points and getting slated.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nettle said:

I take it you rate Ghezzal then? Tell me what you see in him that makes him so good  I just  don't see it myself.

First months in PL...

Or any even..start to attack a player After 20 games....where he's only played a few...Then not all of them poor..!!!

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

He has, hit the bar against Burnley as well, on top of creating the penno against Cardiff. Fine margins really between having a really positive impact and winning points and getting slated.

Babs, give over. He's shit. He was always going to be shit, surprise surprise the fans of his old clubs knew more than our more optimistic members did. He is shit. 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Babs, give over. He's shit. He was always going to be shit, surprise surprise the fans of his old clubs knew more than our more optimistic members did. He is shit. 

I said I didn't want him, I said his record was poor, I've said he's been absolutely dire at times this season and I've said he's unlikely to ever be a starter at his level as he doesn't have the consistency.

But what I'm not going to just ignore that he has actually played quite well in a number of games (in fact I'd say about half the number of minutes he's actually played), just because I thought he was likely to not be great before he joined.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

First months in PL...

Or any even..start to attack a player After 20 games....where he's only played a few...Then not all of them poor..!!!

What do you see in him then? Has he got pace? Is he skilful? You didn't really answer my question.

5 minutes ago, nettle said:

What do you see in him then? Has he got pace? Is he skilful? You didn't really answer my question.

I don't judge players too early....Sort of my own track/forum record....:)

I have this annoying distinction....I hold back on critic.....and plaudits !!!

Kept me healthy,and in good stead with the title team....and other following players.....

In both negative or positive....One swallow doesn't make a summer....or We are Leicester,let's learn from our pre-judgement days...

every single of our 25 man squad,over last 6 years,have left heaps of humble pie lying around....I prefer to take a wiser diet...:rolleyes:

Self-opinionated bastard...aint I..

plus why pull players down,just for the sake of it!!!!   Opinion on gameday perspective performances...if one assumes the need..why not..!!

If that answers your question...great, if not. Tough!!!   Happy New year:cheers:

26 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I don't judge players too early....Sort of my own track/forum record....:)

I have this annoying distinction....I hold back on critic.....and plaudits !!!

Kept me healthy,and in good stead with the title team....and other following players.....

In both negative or positive....One swallow doesn't make a summer....or We are Leicester,let's learn from our pre-judgement days...

every single of our 25 man squad,over last 6 years,have left heaps of humble pie lying around....I prefer to take a wiser diet...:rolleyes:

Self-opinionated bastard...aint I..

plus why pull players down,just for the sake of it!!!!   Opinion on gameday perspective performances...if one assumes the need..why not..!!

If that answers your question...great, if not. Tough!!!   Happy New year:cheers:

I don't think that has answered my question though has it what do you see in him that makes you think he is any good?

1 minute ago, nettle said:

I don't think that has answered my question though has it what do you see in him that makes you think he is any good?

Put your persistencey in your own life's goal!!  Not on a forum,when your questions have been answered...I don't judge...!!

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

I said I didn't want him, I said his record was poor, I've said he's been absolutely dire at times this season and I've said he's unlikely to ever be a starter at his level as he doesn't have the consistency.

But what I'm not going to just ignore that he has actually played quite well in a number of games (in fact I'd say about half the number of minutes he's actually played), just because I thought he was likely to not be great before he joined.

You are not allowed to post reasoned posts where you see the grey, you know that. If you don't think he is utter shit and repeat it often, then you obviously love him and think he is better than Mahrez.  X

8 hours ago, Oldblueyes said:

Yes, but Vardy was brought in for his potential from a lower league, I thought Ghezzal was brought in to replace Mahrez. Completely different animal.

The only people who ever thought Ghezzal  was brought in to replace Mahrez ,should have a serious word with themselves

and make best friends with the self-delusionists...He was a own  position summer-stocking filler.....

He deserves our support,his presence helps Puel,gives Albrighton short time breathers,and IMO itsnt  as bad as some posters will have...

This regular reference,with Mahrez is a forextallk self initiated twaddle....that posters love to keep digging up...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

You are not allowed to post reasoned posts where you see the grey, you know that. If you don't think he is utter shit and repeat it often, then you obviously love him and think he is better than Mahrez.  X

Or he's actually just shit. 

This is just like Musa all over again. 

BuT wErE pLaYiNg HiM oUt oF pOsItoON. 

No, he's just shit. 

I know foxestalk has so many polarised nobs that the default of everyone with a brain is to try and reign them in, be sensible, not be too quick to judge, not slag players off too much, find positives, etc. 

But sometimes you need to just accept - the polarised nobs are right. Soemtimes a player is just shit. From Josh Low to Akinbiyi to De Vries to Musa to Ghezzal. 

He might score the odd goal, might have the odd half decent fifteen minutes, he is a professional after all. But he's a shit one and he'll probably wind up making about as many performances as all the other rubbish we've panic bought since we got back in the Prem. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

I didn’t have a problem with Puel giving Albrighton a rest. He did look tired versus Cardiff. What I did have a problem with was his replacement. Ghezzal was a total car crash that first half. The lad is nowhere near good enough. Everyone can see it so why can’t Puel?

Not sure about this one. Puel did sub him out at HF.

What baffles many of us more is his insistence on using Ndidi. He never gets dropped, rested or subbed out, despite what we talked at length about him in the Ndidi thread.

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Or he's actually just shit. 

This is just like Musa all over again. 

BuT wErE pLaYiNg HiM oUt oF pOsItoON. 

No, he's just shit. 

I know foxestalk has so many polarised nobs that the default of everyone with a brain is to try and reign them in, be sensible, not be too quick to judge, not slag players off too much, find positives, etc. 

But sometimes you need to just accept - the polarised nobs are right. Soemtimes a player is just shit. From Josh Low to Akinbiyi to De Vries to Musa to Ghezzal. 

He might score the odd goal, might have the odd half decent fifteen minutes, he is a professional after all. But he's a shit one and he'll probably wind up making about as many performances as all the other rubbish we've panic bought since we got back in the Prem. 

shit is a strong word, average would be more suited I think... which is about where we are as a team probably slightly above average.

he is no worse than other options we currently have I don't think.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

shit is a strong word, average would be more suited I think... which is about where we are as a team probably slightly above average.

he is no worse than other options we currently have I don't think.

Eh that's probably where we're arguing semantics tbh. 

I do overuse the word shit, I describe about 2/3rds of the Prem as shit on a regular basis, clearly it is a bit of hyperbole. 

So putting that aside for a moment, clearly Ghezzal isn't actually shit, I mean, I am. You are. We are. Everyone on this forum is pretty shit at football compared to Rachid Ghezzal. He was good enough to play for Lyon and Monaco, good enough to play for his country. He's OK. 

But he's vastly nowhere near good enough to play for us, either our first team or even really be a particularly useful sub. 

You don't look at him on the bench and think he could be a match winner, do you? 

I don't think Gray is good enough to start if we want to push for a Europa League spot but I do like having him on the bench because I can see that his pace, quick feet and attacking instincts will scare tired defenders. 

You're a knackered full back that's been chasing Ricky down the channels all game and you see Ghezzal coming on you're going to breathe a sigh of relief. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2